Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Sims 3
MARS
post 2 Jun 2009, 22:17
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

So who else is interested in the latest instalment of the Sims series? I'll get me a copy of the collector's edition when it hits the shelves here on Thursday. My favourite aspect of these games has always been the houses. I can build huge, elaborate mansions, supervillain hideouts and doomcastles for hours on end. The actual gameplay does look very interesting as well this time around, with the ability to visit any place at any time without boundaries and loading times. In the old games, you could only invite other AI-controlled characters to your place or meet them in public which made everything feel very isolated and pointless because your actions had little impact on the rest of the city. I've been really looking forward to the newest game and the fact that it's not going to have any SecuRom or online-activations makes it even better.

This post has been edited by Rayburn: 3 Jun 2009, 17:16
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
E.V.E.
post 2 Jun 2009, 22:23
Post #2

Femme Fatale Of The Army
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3
Make my Day, Baby!

I am realy looking forward to this aswell, it has been one of the Games that I was waiting for the most here in 2009.

I also love building huge Houses, though later in Sims 2, big Houses sadly became unplayable because of all the Addons and Mods messing up the Game.

Thursday is too long for me to wait. : (

- E.V.E.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thez
post 3 Jun 2009, 0:59
Post #3

Not more Demotraps!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7
Projects: SWR Productions
Demotrap Layer

I did like the original Sims (might've been Sims 2 though) years ago, building your own house and stuff...silly, but fun.
All the dozens of variations turned me off though, not sure if I'd still be interested now.
Will have to see Wikipedia about it.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up with an Ergo Proxy loving, Tayto eating, car bombing megalomaniac. 8|

--------------------

Proud producer of the forum family

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 3 Jun 2009, 1:23
Post #4

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

I'm there with ya for the same reason Ray, my father's a Civil Engineer and building houses is just one of the many things I have seen him done over the years. I simply love the way you can fully customize everything now and these series are excellent for getting you hooked, its insane how you can get addicted by playing life tongue.gif

For this installment I'm definitely going to pick it up whenever I can.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
E.V.E.
post 3 Jun 2009, 1:34
Post #5

Femme Fatale Of The Army
Group Icon

Make my Day, Baby!

Another interessting thing to note is, that it has been pirated more than Spore.

Ouch.

- E.V.E.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 3 Jun 2009, 2:04
Post #6

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (E.V.E. Redux @ 2 Jun 2009, 16:34) *
Another interessting thing to note is, that it has been pirated more than Spore.

Ouch.

- E.V.E.

It's technically already out. 2 weeks ahead of the official av-7.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
E.V.E.
post 3 Jun 2009, 2:09
Post #7

Femme Fatale Of The Army
Group Icon

Make my Day, Baby!

Indeed, and that's a big blow for EA.

But their own damn fault if you ask me, delaying the Game 4 Months for Marketing Purposes is just stupid.

- E.V.E.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thez
post 3 Jun 2009, 3:03
Post #8

Not more Demotraps!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7
Demotrap Layer

EA was never known for their intelligence. keke.gif

--------------------

Proud producer of the forum family

+Quote Post
Revan
post 5 Jun 2009, 19:58
Post #9

Your local people consuming mutant
Group Icon

Member No.: 18
Projects: SWR Mapper & Tester

Knowing EA they'll take this as a sign that loosing DRM does not work, I certainly hope they won't. I quite liked that move, however marketing delays, along with other silly things such as DVD country codes are on my list of capitalist crap which I hate because it exists purely for making profit. So I do not pity them at all, I just hope they don't misinterpret the reaction

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Jun 2009, 23:47
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

marketing delays, along with other silly things such as DVD country codes are
on my list of capitalist crap which I hate because it exists purely for making profit.

Indeed. On top of that, I can only wonder why releasing the game now was so much more profitable than doing it in February. The only legitimate reason would be that the game was not sufficiently complete at that time but then again, delaying a release date because of that is kind of a surprising move by EA.

Anyway, I've been spending the last two days just messing around and trying to discover the new features. My only Sims so far have been an ill-mannered slob called Fat Fred McChubbs and the insecure, socially rejected science fiction writer Billy Nomates who works as a test subject at the local bioweapons laboratory during the day and tries to discover UFOs at night, an endeavour which, until now, has been frustratingly fruitless. I'm also building a massively protected, stylish-looking doomfortress/presidential palace for a yet-to-be-designed in-game avatar who will be known as Grand Emperor Ray Burn.

+Quote Post
E.V.E.
post 5 Jun 2009, 23:59
Post #11

Femme Fatale Of The Army
Group Icon

Make my Day, Baby!

The only legitimate reason would be that the game was not sufficiently complete at that time

You're right, that would have been a good Reason, but seeing as this Retail Version is bugged makes me wan't to puke against an EA Logo.

Story Progression Toggle doesn't work at all and Sims I made move out and / or adopt Babies.

Thank God there are Mods allready fixing this Problem, but this is just ridicilous, it's a game breaking Bug when you want to play with more than one Family.

Your Inventory also dissapears after switching Familys.

- E.V.E.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20 April 2024 - 4:52