IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Faction, World and RTS Game ideas, A place where you can post all your RTS game, Faction and World ideas
Serialkillerwhal...
post 29 Apr 2015, 0:08
Post #76

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Just a note, but WWII, the "Big names" fit this well enough.

In Alphabetical Order
America/US: Economic
Britain/UK: Turtler
China: Spammer/Joke
France: Subversive
Germany: Elitist
Italy: Technical/Joke
Japan: Cannons
Russia/USSR: Spammer

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 29 Apr 2015, 0:08

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 29 Apr 2015, 6:24
Post #77

Group Icon

Member No.: 11052

Just a note, but WWII, the "Big names" fit this well enough.

In Alphabetical Order
America/US: Economic
Britain/UK: Turtler
China: Spammer/Joke
France: Subversive
Germany: Elitist
Italy: Technical/Joke
Japan: Cannons
Russia/USSR: Spammer

Yeh, good examples, Germany is sort of a powerhouse as well.

Sorry guys if it seems like I'm spamming this with my ideas. I just have a lot of ideas and like to seek out criticism and advice on them.

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 29 Apr 2015, 7:55
Post #78

Group Icon

Another idea I had was centered on a Second American Civil War/Revolution.

It would be areas of the South, Mid-west and West Coast against the powerful Northern Military-Industrial complex. The background would be as follows.
The economic crisis of 2033 left America crippled. Military spending decreased significantly, food banks sprung up across the country and riots permeated each day. Attempts by several coalition governments to introduce austerity to ensure the survival of the American economy were blocked by the increasingly libertarian states. Claiming the Federal government was attempted to impose tyranny on the masses, several states called up their National Guard. Forced the federalise each of the guards, the states then began raising their own militias, pouring more and more money into "Freedom Brigades", "Liberty Guards" and "Self Defence forces". The confrontational stance led to the formation of a pro-Federal centre party out of the remains of the Democrats and Republicans. Formed with Liberals, Neocons, Federalists and RINOs, the Unionist party won landslide elections in many Eastern states, given that South and Western states, many under State of Emergencies but in place by the previous Coalition Government, didn't hold elections.

The Unionists surged into office and a congress and senate majority. From the get-go, the Unionists passed various measures that fundamentally changed the US constitution. The President's power was seceded more to congress, which was in turn given more power. The Supreme Court was shifted into a position as supreme arbiter over all of America. The Unionists also increased spending on Federal Agencies, the military and passed several bills curbing the powers of "well-regulated militia's". This lead to an increase in a spate of attempted militia attacks on Federal targets. A militia member, in the vein of the Oklahoma bombing, attempted to detonate a massive stolen "Daisy cutter" bomb in the NSA headquarters. The perpetrator was shot multiple times through the windscreen by an NSA police officer, and killed before he could pull off the act. Whispers of rebellion spread across the U.S. Leading the Unionists to authorise an unprecedented increase in defence, and security spending, as well as the mass mobilisation of US security and military forces. An attempted assassination on the Attorney General was only foiled by an FBI sniper team deployed atop a nearby building.

However, the insurgency which would lead to a civil war exploded when groups in the South, claiming to be the New Confederacy, attacked many federal targets to tear down the Union. This was in response to the declaration that the Unionist Senate and Congress would pass legislation banning the possession of firearms and curbing the powers of the states.

The two factions wold represent a divergence of playstyles:

The Union: they would have high tech drones, power armour, advanced weapons, a powerful and massive airforce and, at the end of the game, Super Tanks. They would also be able to call in advanced weapons like Cryo tanks and atmospheric transports.

The Confederacy: Focusing a lot more on stealth, the confederacy's vehicles would be home made. Operating out of warehouse and tent bases they would use tunnels, explosives and ambushes to defeat the superior Union.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 30 Apr 2015, 5:29

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 30 Apr 2015, 8:59
Post #79

Group Icon

I had another idea:
Its a bit simplistic and sort of throwaway, but what about this:

Three factions:

The West (Elitist and high tech, with powerful mechs and a good airforce)

The East (Tanks, Artillery and numbers.)

The Cabal (Assassins, snipers and high-tech cannon units)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 1 May 2015, 12:14
Post #80

Group Icon

Please feel free to post any criticism on my ideas

This post has been edited by Adoge: 2 May 2015, 12:18

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 2 May 2015, 11:50
Post #81

Group Icon

I know not many people have the time to or bother to write anything in this forum but I had a question.

Do you think that if there was to be a reboot of the Tiberium and Red Alert series that they should take on a darker tone?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 2 May 2015, 13:10
Post #82

Group Icon

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope
A real time stategy game.

In the year 2051, as the climate crisis worsened great storms lashed the coasts of the world, apcoalyptic weather events rattle earth.

Story:

The collapse of much of the social order in Africa, Central and South America and Asia led to the creation of the United Earth Republic, declared by the UN Secretary General, effectively a military dictatorship that controlled Europe, Australia and North America. Closing the borders of the UER, its military expanded massively designed to protect the UER from the failed states of the world. Refugees fled to the UER only to be turned back by massive UER ships or obliterated by coastal cannons. In the high tech cities of the UER, free from the rising sea levels, the citizens of the UER questioned why the sub-human filth attempted to infiltrate their lands and steal their jobs. As the UER consolidated its power, developing massive weapons to protect itself from the "filth" that resided in the failed states around the world. In 2054, as the sea levels slowly inundated many parts of Africa, Asia and South America, the Red Hand rose to power. A revolutionary, leaderless movement that aimed to tear down the 'Fascist" and 'imperialist' UER. Gathering together militas, gangs and the peoples of the forgotten continents, they began their war against the UER.

The Red Hand believe the gods have sent the storms and destruction to punish humanity for their decadence. While not having official control over Asia, South America and Africa, the Red Hand has significant influence. Should two warlords be fighting, a call to arms by the High Priests of the Red Hand would stop any fighting, lest the warlords be killed for not bending the knee to the call for War. The Red hand's leadership are pseudo messiah's who claim to be the voice of the gods. The Red Hand forces are comprised of a mix of tribal and messianic warriors covered in bones and other tribal artifacts mixed with body paint armed with machetes and other homemade weapons. They are supplemented by regular troops who are from the countries former militaries, as well as militia's and gangs. Their vehicles are mainly salvaged with some sporting some serious dakka. Some of their units combine good firepower with excellent speed but armour is terrible. While the Red Hand has overwhelmed the Balkans, forcing the UER back into Europe, and overthrown the UER puppets in Mexico, the UER has also invaded northern Africa, threatening to cut off the Red Hand's invasion routes into Europe.

Faction Design and playstyles:
- UER: Heavy weapons and a powerhouse/elitist with a strong air force and ubertanks
The UER would very much have a more clean, European/US and "First World" look. Their units would include a powerful airforce based off Next-Gen fighters and Drones as well as VTOL attack craft. Their ubertanks, while having armour and firepower to boot, are not clunky, but rather look clean and efficient. Their infantry all wear suits to protect themselves and there is Exo Skeletons within their ranks as well. The UER builds buildings by selecting the building, which is fabricated off map, deploying it by calling in a massive starlifter like craft to place it on the map, allowing it to deployed over water, canyons/caverns and fire. Once their buildings are deployed they cannot be moved, however should the building come under attack, the player has the option of deploying a security squad of 10 officers who, while having mediocre armour and weapons, can assist in defensive operations. Their buildings, while High-Tech are also pragmatic in that they can take a lot of punishment from enemy troops. The UER can build a satellite alignment facility, which allows the UER to launch a small but powerful satellite strike that saturates and destroy an area. Deploying mobile satellite vehicles, mounted on M270 chassis (only 5 per Sat facility can be built), reduce the time for the Sat Strike to be ready again, but unlike the Temple of Fire only 2 Satellite Alignment Facilities may be built. MSVs can also deploy a special ionic shield which disables the vehicle and protects all units within. This allows for quick, but more targeted strikes rather than devastating area of effect strikes that can, at maximum number of targeting vehicles, take 30 seconds to recharge. The UER heavily armoured security/support vehicle, the "Michelangelo", can deploy rocket and machine gun turrets early on to assist UER. The Michelangelo, as well as a repair vehicle and light attack unit are built from the support vehicle Assembly Plant, the second unit building unlocked in the UER tech tree. These drone turrets are good support for the Assault rifle and Rocket launcher armed security teams. The UER is designed as a sort of Neo-Crusader force. It units, given their armour and speed are similar to knights in terms of design philosophy. Their buildings are like Castles, massive, imposing, high-tech and strong. Given their basing in Israel and Europe as well as Australia and the US and Canada, their forces are all also from countries related to the Crusade (or related to).

- Red Hand: subversives/spammers with some Dakka units
The Red Hand is very much a moving junkyard. Many of their units are amphibious, but look clunky. A mix of halftracks, improvised tanks and more advanced units of the "Elite Guard". Most Red Hand units take damage the longer they are in the water, unless they are elite guard, which mix regular military gear with some high tech ideas. Their buildings are built by Worker Gangs, who construct the buildings on the ground, which make them vulnerable to attack but quicker built than the UER ones. Once a building is built, it has the ability to pack up into a truck that can move around the map and redeploy somewhere else. They focus on a more horde mentality early on, with their basic units costing approximately 1/10 of that of the basic UER Infantry. Later on more advanced units can be called in, which then changes it into a more ambush and mobility. The Driller is another important unit to the Red Hand, which creates tunnels across the map. The Driller functions in that you select the Entrance to the tunnel and the exit, this then links the two together and to the wider tunnel network. The Red Hand has the ability to build a Temple of Fire, once this temple is built it becomes a superweapon. A player must then choose to arm it with a nuclear missile, which after a couple of minutes becomes armed and allows players to launch a nuclear missile. A player must build their first Temple of Fire before they can build their second Temple of Fire and so on. Each time you arm a nuclear missile it becomes more expensive. Elite Guard Infantry units, as well as Berserker General infantry can use the berserk ability, which for 10 seconds denies any enemy damage and gives the unit a massive speed boost, in which he/she draws a machete and charges enemies. The unit will explode on contact if he is ordered to attack a vehicle, using their last explosives in a desperate attempt to destroy vehicles. These berserk units can however, be killed by superweapons and support powers.

Gameplay Features

Resources:
There are two types of resources: Earth Metals and Ore (may changes this later), Earth Metals grown in exposed patches while Ore grows in "Fields" which will slowly grow as more is forced to the surface. The UER can build an Extractor on Earth Metal patches and deploy a Purifier Plant which sends out drones to harvest Ore,the Red Hand build a mining camp which sends out "pilgrims" to mine both resources.

Climatic Events:
Given the centre of this game is the Climatic Crisis, many events in-game can affect the play of the game. Much of the map might flood, which while the Red Hand can use most of their units as amphibious attack units, would force the UER to use their airforce and Orbital Drop forces, while retreating their ground forces to higher ground. The water might then drain out through massive cracks in the Earth, forcing your units into narrow choke points. Alternatively, a huge storm could swirl across the map with powerful winds reducing accuracy and lightning destroying units. A huge earthquake could rock the map, splitting it in half, or thirds, or quarters; forcing artillery to square off across the gashes in the Earth and bringing the air force into play, until another quake reshapes the planet. Fires can break out across the map should there be an increase in heat, a dense forest that is covering a group of UER troops from Red Hand vehicle could suddenly come alight cooking the UER infantry. many of these climatic events the players will receive notice of... but some will happen without prior knowledge. For obvious balance reasons, the immediate spawning areas of each player will not be affected.

Doctrines
Doctrines are sort of subfactions that change the way the factions tech tree operates, chosen at the beginning of the game, neither player is aware of the others Doctrine and will only learn when they go up against the enemy.

UER
- Air Force (Focuses on the complete dominance of the Air and boosts both aircraft and ground AA
- Shock and Awe (Powerful combined arms, shock and awe requires the collaboration of ground and air forces in brutal attacks to be effective)

Red Hand
- Berserker General (All infantry units can use the berserk ability and many of his unique units are designed simply for firepower and speed)
- Horde General (Utilises swarms of cheap Infantry and Light Vehicles as well as devastating rocket and barreled artillery which open gaps for the swarm to get in)

More to come...

This post has been edited by Adoge: 17 May 2015, 8:33

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 3 May 2015, 5:07
Post #83

Group Icon

Ignore this post

This post has been edited by Adoge: 4 May 2015, 0:13

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 4 May 2015, 0:12
Post #84

Group Icon

A note: The Echelon in this forum is different to the fan-faction in the Theatre of War Sub-Forum

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 5 May 2015, 9:54
Post #85

Group Icon

I had an idea recently

It revolved around a revolution.

Essentially it would be a mix between real-time strategy and grand strategy.

You would be in command of a revolutionary force in a fake country, Orania.

Orania has had a long history of revolutions and dictatorships. The current dictatorship has been in power for 15 years. Neighboring Vraxis, big brother to Orania, managed democracy and long time intervener in Oranian politics.

In game, you choose and set what sort of dictatorship Orania is and some of the preconditions of your own movement.

You then would choose where you start-

In the Agrarian North, High-tech South-West, Oil Rich East, mountainous and forested west, or snowy and isolated South-East.

Each confers different advantages. For example High-Tech is going to give you more access to technology early on, Agrarian gives you more manpower etc. etc.

As you start out you will have a small number of camps. You will also have influence over facets of the population. You can organise rallies and protests and gather people to you cause. Apart from a few skirmishes with local troops you shouldn't engage in much conflict. As you build up you can attack Army Bases, overthrow governors etc. You can engage in diplomacy with major foreign powers: the US, China, Russia, India and the EU. You can do things that are requested by each of these countries to gain trust and build stronger relations with them. Over time they will equip you with civilian and military aid. You can engage in a wide range of operations including abductions drug running, attacks on military bases etc. However should your actions fall out of favour, Vraxis, most likely with the support of a foreign nations will invade in support of Orania in an attempt to destroy you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 7 May 2015, 3:32
Post #86

Group Icon

Major areas of conflict between the Remnant and Directorate:

Eastern Europe
The Overseer of Eastern Europe, Jans Lieberman, was assassinated by a car bomb belonging to the the Slavic Popular Liberation Front, a coalition of Eastern European Partisan groups. In the following days a new Overseer, from Warsaw, was appointed in the Chaos. The Echelon voted to deploy Directorate troops to support the security forces in Eastern Europe. The new Overseer, Kraukov, refused to deploy these troops and blocked the resolution. A full Partisan riot overwhelmed Warsaw, sacking all Directorate facilities and destroying much of the cities. Kraukov still refused to respond, even as the Echelon suggested the deployment of Sarin on the city. Kraukov, who had secretly been a member of the Remnant since the destruction of Astana, attempted to detonate C4 attached to him while he was in an Inner Echelon meeting. He was shot dead by Col. Rightman, a security attache to the meeting. In the subsequent chaos in Eastern Europe, the Directorate dropped over 2000 Sarin canisters on Warsaw, killing almost the entire population and leaving the city uninhabitable for three years. Crushing the SPLF's uprising, 10 Directorate divisions pushed into Eastern Europe deploying in each of the major cities and declaring martial law, replacing the Administration Corps and Overseer for Eastern Europe with a Military corps managed commissariat.

more to come

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 8 May 2015, 1:37
Post #87

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

@Cataclysm. Seems to have a somewhat Tiberium-esque feel to it, especially the 3rd game, where GDI takes the "First world" and seals it from the apocalypse while we have the apocalypse-cult Nod.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 8 May 2015, 8:55
Post #88

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 8 May 2015, 10:37) *
@Cataclysm. Seems to have a somewhat Tiberium-esque feel to it, especially the 3rd game, where GDI takes the "First world" and seals it from the apocalypse while we have the apocalypse-cult Nod.

Thanks Serialkiller for taking the time to look at it.
I was wondering if you thought that was bad?

Anyway here is my further explanation:
I sort of had a global catastrophe/First World Idea in mind when designing the UER, while the Red Hand (I guess its close to Black Hand?) is more of a mix of desperate refugees, religious zealots (that mix African Tribal with sort of South American Messianic cults and Asian religions), militias and terrorists. For example, the "Elite Guard" infantry units as well as one of the RH's subfaction's infantry have the ability to go "Berserk", which reduces all enemy damage to them to 0 and their armour to 1000 for 10 seconds, they charge their enemy armed with a machete.

The UER is a futuristic "Managed Democracy" of sorts. Its people hate those of the Third World and the Red Hand with passion. Its water borders are guarded by high-tech and juggernaut like ships and its land borders by land mines, walls and massive guns. The idea behind the UER is a high-tech powerhouse who boasts excellent armour, powerful guns, a dedicated and devastating air force, and massive upertanks/artillery. These guys are meant to be extremely advanced but also extremely devastating. For example, their MBT, the Basilisk, functions like a heavy tank. When its maingun is replaced with a rail-gun it becomes a devastating tank, with some loss in speed, still relevant in armour and combined arms tactics. In Europe, following the massive freezing overs of Russia and part of Eastern Europe, countries such as Poland and Czechoslovakia who were in the UER found their cities protected by domes. Such dome technology is also utilised in battle as shield to protect units from direct enemy fire. Their buildings can be deployed anywhere on the map by the massive V-150, high tech, massive 4-rotored Osprey like transports. but it is advisable that the UER buildings, while tough, be deployed in clusters to ensure better survival.

The Red Hand on the other hand (oh dear...) are an loose coalition of warlords, preppers, natives, refugees, militias, third world militaries etc. They really will mix tribal like African designs with crappy junk yard vehicles who mix with the more advanced (but not high-tech) Elite Guard. The Red Hand also boasts the ability to pack up all of its buildings (excluding Mining Camps and Temples of Fire) into truck convoys and move them around the map. A later upgrade from the Temple of Knowledge allows the trucks to move over water with various flotation devices and barrels of air attached to the vehicle. Similarly all Red Hand vehicles are amphibious from the start of the game, but take damage slowly over time in the water, unless they are "Elite Guard" units. Early game the Red Hand can crush the UER, which will force the UER, whose units are far more expensive, to deploy Drone turrets that their heavily armoured security vehicle can "poop" out.

I hope this has clarified some of the factional ideas behind the two factions.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 8 May 2015, 8:58

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 12 May 2015, 11:21
Post #89

Group Icon

This is an idea I had a little while ago.

Following the end of the Cold War, as the Soviet Union looked like it would collapse, the agents of the New World that looked to emerge were hard at work. Meeting with Soviet and Western ministers, the blueprint for a new "Collective of Organised States", a globalised union of the most powerful Western Nations and Russia to ensure a "New World Order" of peace and security. The group the "Collective" had long influenced world events during the Cold War to stop Communism or a similar Cold War from ever happening again. The Arms Race and the destabilistion of the Soviet Union was largely influenced by the "Collective" to ensure the end of the cold war and the rebirth of the world.

The idea of a highly organised society with Powerful nations at the helm was born out of the fall of the Soviets. Russia, Britain, the United States, Germany many nations became part of this Collective of Organised States. Developments in technology flourished in Collective nations. However, one strong nation still remained, China, communist and authoritarian, a threat to the collective new breed of "Managed" Global Democracy. The communist regime was becoming increasingly paranoid and the Collective looked to student protests to overthrow the Communists. At the turn of the 21st century, massive protests erupted in China. Three forces came out of this revolution. The communists and marxists, who were a loose group of communist re-revolutionaries the Nationalists, who wanted China to join the Collective and the Democratic Protestors, who wanted real change. The Collective backed the Nationalists, funding them and shipping weapons and advisors there. But other forces were also at work. As the Communist Party collapsed, the Red Liberation Army, a third world guerilla force with a massive population who wished to create a true Proletariat and overthrow the Collective's grip on the world, began to form a force for Communism to instate a new truly-marxist regime. Throughout the world, however, those who were forgotten from the Collective and threatened by the RLA, had gathered together in the Democratic Alliance. Brazil, India, Mexico, Nigeria and other developing nations who were left out in the cold, away from the strong, prosperous and neo-imperialist Collective.

- Collective of Organised States
The Collective's forces are focused on firepower and armour. Their aim is to devastate enemies with an array of firepower and air options. The Collective arsenal mixes superheavy and high-tech infantry and vehicles with strong airpower. The Collective specialises in front on assaults and search and destroy tactics. Units such as a heavier version of the Abrams, the M113 Vulcan and the BMPT Terminator find their way into the Collective arsenal. Supported by an array of helicopters and long range bombers. As the war escalates further, the Collective HQ can choose to deploy Drone Technology or superheavy equipment (Exoskeletons, ubertanks.).

- Democratic Alliance
With generally balanced forces, the DA occasionally leans towards subversive. They have equipment such as T-72s and T-90s as well as more advanced equipment. Running on Coal Power Plants the DA fights against both the Collective and RLA around the world. Their equipment is generally modern, but not as advanced as the Collective or as improvised as the RLA. Their units generally perform well in battle but cover multiple roles.

- Red Liberation Army
A rag tag militia of revolutionaries and ideologues. The RLA focuses on swarming the enemy with cheap troops. Mortar infantry, light tanks and artillery are key units the RLA. The artillery forces gaps which vehicles and infantry swarm through. They have weak structure but focus on swarming the map and ensuring map control with massive bases and swarms of troops.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 14 May 2015, 5:27
Post #90

Group Icon

Some people have been asking for the GLA to be recontextualised into a more "freedom-fighter" force and not a "stereotypical African/Islamic terrorist force". As such I had an idea to sort of pander to this. (I'm not saying that I don't like the GLA, all I'm saying is that I liked the idea of a different GLA.)

My idea was to have a One Word Government having been declared which utilises some of the 4 State ROTR factions hardware: (Paladin, Leopard, MSTA) as well as its own. It would have the Pandora as well as 2 other experimental unit types. These guys would combine a mix of American utilitarianism, Russia powerhouse and ECA pragmatism. The OWG would have a Tank/Mechanised General, an Experimental/Advanced Warfare General (Lasers, Microwaves etc.) and Specops (Artillery+ Special Forces).

In comparison the GLA have three wings. While they keep many of their units, some of their more controversial units have been moved to different generals. There would be three different generals: a progressive one, who uses hacking and other more moderate weapons, a fundamentalist one who uses anthrax, suicide bombs etc. and a military one, who uses old military weapons.

This is the sort of idea I had with my Remnant faction, the Partisans are a mix of civilians and militia, the Liberation Army the military and the Chaos Cells more fundamentalist

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 17 May 2015, 1:44
Post #91

Group Icon

I've decided that this forum has become mainly me just flooding it with ideas.
Due to this, I've decided to to seriously slow down my posting and maybe even stop.
From now on I'll just edit my ideas, in particular the Directorate vs Remnant and Cataclysm ideas unless someone posts something new or I have an idea I would like criticised.
Thanks for those who contributed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 19 May 2015, 11:07
Post #92

Group Icon

Hi guys,
I know I said I wasn't going to post much more in this thread unless there was input from other people, given that it's basically been me ranting about my ideas for the last couple of posts, but i was wondering if I could ask a favour.
Whilst I understand that most people, myself included, don't have much time, I was just wondering if you could drop any criticism or constructive feedback on my Directorate vs Remnant and Cataclysm RTS ideas. I am thinking about developing these ideas further and maybe make the DvR a mod or Cataclysm a game. Whilst this may seem fantasy right now, i have been talking to a few friends who may be interested in a DvR mod/game.

Anyway thanks for anyone who does provide feedback.

Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 20 May 2015, 6:54
Post #93

Group Icon

This is a joke of an idea I've had.
Its sort of a less serious version of the New America idea I had.

Essentially we have two factions:
The New World Order (Militarised police forces, alien technology, pyramids, Illuminati Spies, banks as secondary income, able to build corporate advertising for more income)
The Resistance (Militias, Hackers, Veterans, killdozers, battlebuses, homemade tanks and protesters)

Each faction has some familiar conspiracy theories as units, buildings and powers:

NWO:
Riot Police
Tactical Officer
Illuminati Agent
PMC
Devastator (Heavy)
Chemical Weapons soldier
MRAP
Repressor (IFV)
Various Drones
Surveillance Drone
Prosecutor (MBT)
News Van (Can take control of enemy units.)

Temple Paramount (Headquarters, massive Pyramid)
Solar Power Plant (Renewable conspiracy theories)
Media Centre (Controls dissemination of Propaganda to the masses as well as the Gathering of intel and surveillance)
Federal Reserve (Generates a steady stream of income, can tax the populace, which withdraws 5000 from the enemy for an immediate injection.)
Billboard (Generates a flow of cash which increases the more units are within a radius)
Camera (Detects stealthed units)
HAARP (Superweapon)

The Resistance:
Protestor
Militia Member
Sniper
Veteran

Killdozer
Battle Bus
Bomb Truck
Bomb Buggy (Toy Car with explosives strapped to it)
Driller (Old Mining equipment that digs tunnels)
Little bird

Foxhole (Can garrison infantry in)
Dirty Bomb Launcher (Superweapon)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 May 2015, 12:25
Post #94

Group Icon

A new RTS idea I had.

There are two factions (three possibly if I add a scavenger faction), the Plague and Task Force Artemis.

The WHO had warned of a break out of mutated viruses in Africa, which would lead to a breakdown in order and available health systems. Three weeks later a total collapse in order swept through central and southern Africa. Deaths piled into the hundreds then thousands before reports of the living dead began to spread. The Virus spread to Northern Africa and across the Sinai Peninsula into the Middle-East. Reports of the living dead spreading across the continent found its way to a hastily assembled meeting in Geneva. The West, Russia, Israel and China met to create Task Force Artemis, named after the Greek Goddess of Health, Plague and hunting.

Artemis' role would be to rescue civilians and engage the plague on every level. As such, Artemis would have control over land, sea and air assets to face down the Plague.
Their high tech, clinical gray and white vehicles were developed specifically to fight in the battlegrounds against the Plague.

The virus that triggered the Plague had developed at an astounding rate, spreading through water, air and animals. As the Plague became more and more sentient, developing its own intelligence and becoming a puppeteer of bodies. The dead rose and overwhelmed the many security forces in Africa and the Middle East. THese "Zombies" began to morph and evolve into new creatures and beasts.

Okay, so the storyline needs a bit of work, actually a lot of work. Essentially however this is a story that will be developed to the ideas behind this game. Essentially we have the Plague, Task Force Artemis and the Scavengers (Who I'll get to later).

So the main resource is humans, some are scattered around the map, whilst many are within buildings. Task Force Artemis builds an evacuation centre which in turn can train Blackhawks and V-22 Ospreys. These can then be deployed around the map to "save" humans. The Blackhawk is faster but cannot carry as many as the V-22. The amount of humans "gathered" unlocks new Tech-levels, higher end units and some higher buildings. They also have another resource required which is called energy, this is generated by Energy Generators which slowly generate energy over time, energy is required to build units.

The Plague on the other hand produces Tumors, which can be used to infect buildings. Each building has a certain amount of resistance (represented visually by barriers and barbed wire), which can be worn down by attacking it. The Tumour then infects the building which slowly then generates the human resource, this is required to build hosts (the most basic infected). Hosts can then morph into new units using the second resource, Biomass. Biomass is gained by attacking and killing enemies. Each unit can also evolve, for example hosts can become Fast Hosts and Juggernauts can gain mace-hands.

The Plague has a central 'Nerve Centre" which spreads "infection" (a type of creep). Buildings are transformed into base structures by the Tumour. Infection slows down enemy units and heals allied ones. There is also a recreation centre which can be built by Tumours, this respawns hosts for any unit killed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 26 May 2015, 10:47
Post #95

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

can be in country subfactions:

Middle East Guerrillas(GLA): Iraq, Pakistan and Kazajstan

ECA(ECA): Germany, Great Britain and France

North Asian Comunists (Russia):Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Far East Socialists(China): Mongolia, Japan and China(or PLA)

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 27 May 2015, 12:42
Post #96

Group Icon

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 May 2015, 19:47) *
can be in country subfactions:

Middle East Guerrillas(GLA): Iraq, Pakistan and Kazajstan

ECA(ECA): Germany, Great Britain and France

North Asian Comunists (Russia):Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Far East Socialists(China): Mongolia, Japan and China(or PLA)

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

Funny you should mention this Zun,

I had an idea today that there would be a four-faction world following the collapse of the United-states due to domestic issues.

The four-factions would be-

The Western European Union- high-tech and powerful, the Union deploys strong mechanised divisions, VTOL airforce and good firepower.

Eurasian Co-prosperity sphere- more of a balanced traditional force, relies on Helicopters as air force.

Asian-Pacific Alliance- numbers, APA units are often weaker but swarm their enemies. Cheaper units.

Zulu Empire- Guerilla style tactics they can also turn enemies into mutants and use chemical weapons. They have witch-doctor medicine to heal their units.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 29 May 2015, 10:33
Post #97

Group Icon

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my Basilisk idea?

Because I'm thinking of reconceptualising it with the same factions but some new stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 29 May 2015, 17:18
Post #98

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

I had an idea called "Rising darkness" where in some way or other, yellowstone blows a casket and plunges the world into what's basically nuclear winter.
Solar doesn't work, wind barely works.

Enter the war to keep all the fuel for your people and possibly last through to see the sun rise again.

NOTE: Canadians automatically don't need fuel as we're used to the cold.

Namely, your average candian has a thick pelt of hair across their body, which they traditionally use the sap of the maple tree to harden into a protective shell against predators such as the polar bear and walrus.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 29 May 2015, 17:21

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 30 May 2015, 7:00
Post #99

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 30 May 2015, 2:18) *
I had an idea called "Rising darkness" where in some way or other, yellowstone blows a casket and plunges the world into what's basically nuclear winter.
Solar doesn't work, wind barely works.

Enter the war to keep all the fuel for your people and possibly last through to see the sun rise again.

NOTE: Canadians automatically don't need fuel as we're used to the cold.

Namely, your average candian has a thick pelt of hair across their body, which they traditionally use the sap of the maple tree to harden into a protective shell against predators such as the polar bear and walrus.

hahaha, sounds good.

How's the action move RTS idea going. I was especially looking forward to Task Force Awesome, the Cabal and Cultist unit lists and seeing how you'd designed each faction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 30 May 2015, 11:14
Post #100

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Fairly well. The cultists faction starts out sneaky, but as the game goes on, becomes less so as their more obivious horrors come into play and their leaders become mutated messes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 7:29