post 27 May 2012, 15:20
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Hello Comrades!
You have all waited for this for a long time and perhaps longer than we should have let you wait but all of that won't matter right now because we are finally done with our new release!
There isn't much to say really, we have a lot of goodies prepared for all of you including new fluff, a trailer and of course the releases itself.
Anyway, I will stop blabbering now and let you all have a look at the good stuff smile.gif

Version 1.7 includes a wide range of features and additions, including...

- A fully redesigned Global Liberation Army that makes heavy use of tunnels and guerilla tactics. Spread your underground facilities across the map and unnerve your opponent with a plethora of dirty tricks, including a kill-based secondary income and a harassment-oriented airforce.

- The steamrolling Russian Federation as a fully functioning faction with unique buildings, units and powers. Dominate the skies with heavy Hind helicopters, take the field with waves of ever-relentless Shock Troopers and crush your enemies with the unparalleled Sentinel Tank.

- Many new buildings, units and powers for the old factions, the United States of America and the People’s Republic of China have already been added in 1.5 but their arsenal is further expanded by the versatile American Bradley IFV and the missile-blocking Chinese Jammer Tower.

- A fully functioning, efficiently designed navy that is only available on maps that are specifically suited for ship combat, realized by means of a unique system of capturable Naval Yards that avoids the technical issues usually associated with navies in the SAGE engine.

- Several new Tech structures that can be captured to provide helpful advantages, such as Powerplants, Armories as well as all the Tech structures from Shockwave including the Airport, the Radio Station and the mighty War Fortress.

- Many of the more subtle game mechanics have been revamped, including a more sophisticated tech tier system, an improved air/anti-air counter system and improved stealth/scouting mechanics.

- Plenty of new maps that have been exclusively designed for ROTR, as well as restored Generals versions of all the original maps that underwent changes in Zero Hour.

North Africa, 2028

A large crowd stood waiting at the airport of Tripoli on what would otherwise have been an ordinary Monday morning. But this day was going to be different: While Chinese forces pacified the last pockets of GLA resistance in the ruined cities of Central Europe and the atomic mushroom cloud above downtown Hamburg slowly dissipated, the local populace had gathered in thousands to welcome the legendary heroes who made this vision a reality. A frenetical chorus of jubilations greeted General Mohmar 'Deathstrike' as he and his lieutenant Anwar Sulaymaan stepped out of the stolen European plane that evacuated them from the dying continent in the closing hours of the great insurrection. The Libyan government, along with most of north Africa, had been firmly in support of the GLA for years; what Western analysts initially lauded as an uprising for democracy at the start of the 21st century was quickly marred by corruption, infighting and stagnation. A few years down the line, the masses would once again flood the streets and revolt, but this time, under the banner of what was now known as the Global Liberation Army.

But after decades of endless warfare across all of central Asia, the middle east, north Africa and Europe, Deathstrike, with his greatest feat finally accomplished, grew tired, his thirst for blood and glory finally quenched. In the next few years, younger, more ambitious leaders started scheming against him as cell after cell slowly broke away from the cause. Then, triumph finally gave way to tragedy when a cowardly assassin whose allegiance remains unknown to history till this very day, put an end to the life and legacy of Deathstrike. Without their glorious leader, the local warlords and tin-pot dictators quickly re-assumed control, turning the once mighty organisation into a mere shadow of its former self. But Anwar Sulaymaan, Deathstrike's most trusted aide and, according to himself and his loyal followers, his only legitimate successor, would not allow this heresy to go unpunished. With the US still in isolation, the Europeans in disarray and China complacently savouring its supposed 'victory', Sulaymaan's battle-hardened army swept across Africa, re-absorbing the break-away cells while wiping out anyone who opposed him.

But his charismatic leadership and 'convincing methods' could only get him so far. To the chagrin of General Yusuuf, a Saudi cleric and leader of the GLA's most hardline religious wing, Sulaymaan managed to broaden the populist appeal of the organisation: Unlike Deathstrike's GLA which was centred around religious fundamentalism and an odd mix of pan-Turkic and -Arab nationalism, Sulaymaan's GLA would grow to accept every possible current of exploitable violence, ranging from freelance mercenary forces over disenfranchised African militaries to western anti-government anarchists. Financed through oil, drugs and diamonds, his numbers and influence grew larger, eventually surpassing those of the old GLA in the sense that for the first time in the organisation's history, the GLA was in a position to not just be mere guests in a country whose government tolerated them. Thus, Sulaymaan became obsessed with his personal dream of a 'warrior heaven on Earth', an idea which he soon turned into a bloody reality in central Africa. In his vision, the origin of humankind itself would become the first true GLA 'nation', a place solely dedicated to violence and the raw ferociousness of the human condition; a haven of total freedom for those who are strong enough to take it and a refuge for all who opposed the deceptions and hypocricies imposed on them by any scapegoat of their choosing, be it the West, the East, the rich, the elites, the 'man', the 'system', or the very concept of order itself.

As Sulaymaan started building his empire, outside forces quickly arrived to challenge his vision: American corporatists bought their way into Africa to benefit from the continent's great resource boom while the Chinese put an end to the pirate nation of Somalia with a full-scale invasion and occupation. Meanwhile, the Europeans had re-built their countries and re-organised as what they now called the European Continental Alliance. Sulaymaan's north African allies were the first to suffer from their furious retaliation for the humiliation that he and Deathstrike had inflicted upon them and to the south, the up-and-coming Russian Federation had taken control of the lands, further destabilising the delicate balance of power between the global players. By 2040, the stage was set, the players in position...And Sulaymaan's warrior nation, now firmly established in the heart of the divided continent of Africa, was ready to prove its might!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 27 May 2012, 15:37
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9081

Day that never comes has finally come,
thank you guys,and I'm sorry I can't read this update now,
I have to play ROTR xD

THANK YOU !!!!

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 27 May 2012, 15:41
Post #3

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Whoop! Now if only my GPU hadn't decided now was the best time to stop working sad.gif. I love the background lore though smile.gif

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 May 2012, 15:44
Post #4

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Hell about time biggrin.gif !

Just a question about the filehosting mirror, it is asking for an e-mail address and I'm a bit wary in case of spam and other crap.

EDIT: The MoDB link isn't up yet.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 27 May 2012, 15:48

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 27 May 2012, 15:48
Post #5

Group Icon

We're trying to get more more mirrors but for now this will have to due untill moddb is authorised.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 27 May 2012, 16:01
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 47

AWWWW YEAH!!!!

Going to download soon...last time I checked the prior version of RotR wasn't working on my computer, hopefully a fresh install of 1.7 will fix this problem.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 May 2012, 16:16
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Have fun, chaps! This release also marks the end of our ultra-frequent updates. We will NOT fall into another hiatus, but once we start working on the ECA, we will first have to build up our render pool before we
can post new stuff for you guys. Once we continue with that, we will probably get back to a less weekly and more monthly schedule. Good news is that the next thing you see will most likely be ECA stuff, though!

+Quote Post
Alias
post 27 May 2012, 16:17
Post #8

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Always good to see a new release.

Will probably have some multiplayer games later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 May 2012, 16:23
Post #9

I fits I sits
Group Icon

I'm not sure if this is an issue but the camera height seems pretty low to me for some reason.

+Quote Post
apmdward007
post 27 May 2012, 16:25
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 8850

yeah at last.. rolleyes.gif

btw thank you swr team, wish you goodluck smile.gif

This post has been edited by apmdward007: 27 May 2012, 16:27

--------------------

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 27 May 2012, 16:33
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

ModDb file is not authorized and Filehosting doesn't work. sad.gif

> Filehosting forces me to enter my email.
> Then it provide a link in the email.
> After clicking download, upload page appears with no download happening.
> This sux...another mirror would be nice (gamefront perhaps).

This post has been edited by Casojin: 27 May 2012, 16:34

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 27 May 2012, 16:56
Post #12

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

My reaction I8.gif

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 27 May 2012, 17:05
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Wow,this is the best version of GLA I have played with !!
It is totally refreshed.
I love Dushka nests,Interceptors (Although I whined first time I saw them xD ),and new Jarmen Kell and many more !!
AWESOME WORK !!

+Quote Post
Suvorov
post 27 May 2012, 17:42
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 114

While I haven't been active in the forums for quite some time, I have been anxiously checking the progress of the mod, even more so once SWR started the uber-updates. Now that 1.7 is released, I'll start counting the days until my beloved ECA faction is playable UI8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 27 May 2012, 17:51
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Casojin @ 27 May 2012, 17:33) *
> This sux...another mirror would be nice (gamefront perhaps).

After 3 attempts at uploading the file on gamefront (all resulting in failure after 1 hour of uploading!) we gave up on that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 27 May 2012, 17:52
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

Let the storm begins !

+Quote Post
Jester
post 27 May 2012, 18:30
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Awesome I can't wait to get home

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 27 May 2012, 19:12
Post #18

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

Ya'll have fun now I8.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 27 May 2012, 19:16
Post #19

Group Icon

Added 2 new mirrors to the download page for you all.

this will have to make due untill moddb authorised our release.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dutchygamer
post 27 May 2012, 19:21
Post #20

Frontline Chaos mod leader and creator
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 25
Projects: ROTR Tester
Host of

Groovy! When I get my PC up and running again, I might give it a shot smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
teamnicke
post 27 May 2012, 19:44
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 556

One question while i wait for the download to finish.
Can i just install it "over" ROTR 1.5 or to i have to unistall generals and zero hour and then install 1.7?

+Quote Post
Janenator
post 27 May 2012, 19:48
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 9139

How is the no-install version coming along? Being a Mac user, I believe I need to use that, but when I clicked the link for your page, I only see a list of 4 mirrors, which seem to all be install versions (it mentions the no-install for the mac below, and seems to suggest that the above are only versions with installers). Below this note about the no-install version, it says *No active mirrors available yet*. Will it be up soon? I am playing C&C with a friend later today, and when I saw that you guys released a new version, I nearly jumped out of my chair!
Thank you so much for this mod!

+Quote Post
Trooper425
post 27 May 2012, 19:55
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 1195

Looks like it's time to dust off the ol' C&C TFD disk once again.

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 27 May 2012, 20:06
Post #24

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Having given up on my GPU and switched back to my on board card I managed to play (And sneak a peak at the Ini and content files; some very nice surprises in there).
I have to say that the GLA is totally amazing, wow. I must congratulate whoever came up with the new Generals Powers.

In the mean time I found 1 error

The Observation Van tag is spelled incorrectly.

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 May 2012, 20:15
Post #25

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Since the Shockwave tech buildings are added to RotR does that mean the ShockWave maps are able to be fully compatible along with the AI?

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 17:26