Reply to this topicStart new topic
Real(er) Red Revolution, The Soviets are back...ish
RedDeadSmeg
post 14 Jan 2018, 18:49
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

I've been playing around with the .ini files and found out that it's a hell of a lot easier to bring my ideas to life through editing the units themselves, rather than having to script absolutely everything via Worldbuilder.

So, I've tested the changes with my favourite map and have created a soviet..ish mission complete with Yuri (without mind control sadly)

This is just for fun and won't lead to any campaigns or stories or blah blah blah

You will have:

Structures:

Russian Command Bunker, Coal Power Plant, Supply Center, Russian Barracks, Russian War Factory, Radar Tower, Weapons Bunker (As Battle Lab), Breeder Reactor, Industrial Plant (I know that was only in Yuri's Revenge but close enough).

Defences:

Gattling Cannon (For Sentry Gun/Flak Cannon), Component Tower (For Tesla Coil, but you can choose the upgrades still) Propaganda Centre (as a Psychic Sensor replacement) and of course the Nuclear Missile Silo (Only one allowed)

Infantry:

Red Guard (I know it sounds stupid to not use Conscripts but I needed more Chinese Units to add in), Tank Hunter, Pyro Technician, Shock Trooper, Shmel Trooper, Nukeneer, Boris and Black Lotus.

Vehicles:
Battlemaster Tank, Tunguska, Dragon Tank, Terror Drone, Tesla Tank, Buratino, Overlord Tank, Inferno Cannon, Grumble and Badger Recovery Vehicle.

Aircraft
MiG Fighter, Inferno MiG, Han Gunship, Propaganda Airship (not quite a Kirov, but it will have to do), Hunchback and Hind (optional)

You'll have to get used to the building requirements and unit portrait placements being completely different than standard maps, I've tried to emulate the construction options logic of Red Alert 2.

The AI sill uses the same attack teams as the Chinese Red Revolution mission.

Issues:

There is still a chance that the mission could crash once you start fighting in Moscow, best bet is to NOT nuke the Kremlin bunker and save often.

Recommendations:
Play Hell March 2 full blast and enjoy!

Attached File  RealerRedRevolution.zip ( 215.2K ) Number of downloads: 34
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 13:43