IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ZH Reborn : Disable buildings and Techs, Disable Propaganda Centers and Special Powers
Doom
post 9 Jul 2016, 0:54
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13028

Hi Guys,

I am trying to fix a bug in a Zero Hour Mod : Reborn, The mod hasn't been updated in a while, and needs some Hot fixes to create the balance. The Original Modder for some Reason Decided to Disable the Limit for Chinese Propaganda Center from 1 to Unlimited, This allows players to make number of Propaganda Centers and Use the Special Power given in it to Convert Enemy Units on the spot, this bug is exploited by some users to Convert Enemy units, even whole army. I am looking to fix this and make it Limited to 1 Propaganda Center, like any other Super weapon.

Other Bug is in GLA Terror Leader (a new general), It allows that player to get Special Power after Getting 3 Stars, that he can Make Suicide Bombers on any place of the map after 2-3 mins. That is not a big issue, but this becomes a major problem for other player when he starts making multiple GLA headquarters, thus giving him another extra option to make those Suicide Bombers at multiple locations creating massive damage to opposing team, this should not be more than 1 time, even if he makes 100 Headquarters.

If someone can test the mod and see it by himself that would be great and advise me where to Edit it in the ZH:Reborn files. Reborn has its own RebornINI.big files containing edited files. If you can tell me the exact .ini file where I should look for to Fix these bugs, I would be Grateful to you.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Doom: 9 Jul 2016, 0:57
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 9 Jul 2016, 2:35
Post #2

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Doom @ 9 Jul 2016, 7:54) *
The Original Modder for some Reason Decided to Disable the Limit for Chinese Propaganda Center from 1 to Unlimited, This allows players to make number of Propaganda Centers and Use the Special Power given in it to Convert Enemy Units on the spot, this bug is exploited by some users to Convert Enemy units, even whole army. I am looking to fix this and make it Limited to 1 Propaganda Center, like any other Super weapon.

I would just like to say, it wasn't Reborn's creator who Removed the propaganda center build limit, it simply never had a build limit in VZH.

It is mods that add the build limit to the propaganda center, and I have already done this for the latest version.

I'll also take a look in the other issue you mentioned, though, if you still want to edit the files yourself, the propaganda centers are located in their respective general's ini (China Rogue: FactionBuilding.ini, China CiC: InfantryGeneral.ini, China Arty: NukeGeneral.ini, China EMP and Napalm: TankGeneral.ini, China Tank: TankGeneral2.ini), if the propaganda center's aren't there check the china folder in the objects folder. In the same way, most of GLA terror's command center should be in ChemicalGeneral.ini, if it isn't it's probably in the GLA folder inside the objects folder.

Other ini files you should look at for the terrorist ambush are SpecialPower.ini and ObjectCreationList.ini

This post has been edited by Zeke: 9 Jul 2016, 2:36

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 9 Jul 2016, 22:02
Post #3

Group Icon

It is mods that add the build limit to the propaganda center, and I have already done this for the latest version.

Thanks for your Response Zeke.

Since you are part of the Reborn Mod Team, When will be the updated ZH : Reborn 6 wil be released or expected to be Released ?

I will try to fix those issues myself, but an Official Release from NLS Studio would be great and probably will include other fixes as well.

Another issue is with the mod is that mod does not support WideScreen display and gives error (out of sync, Are you mad?), I used the method Inside Documents folder, a file called Options.ini, edit this file to get 1366x768 Resolution. Please add widescreen support for your next update as well.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 10 Jul 2016, 0:49
Post #4

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

The mod will be released, when it's done. We work in our free time, so it's impossible to give any estimate on the release.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 11 Jul 2016, 23:23
Post #5

Group Icon

I was able to fix that Bug #1 : China Propaganda Center Limit. But the Bug #2 is still not fixed. I tried to edit the TerrorLeader.ini but still the issue remains.

CODE
; *** DESIGN PARAMETERS ***
  DisplayName         = OBJECT:CommandCenter
  Side                = GLATerrorLeader
  EditorSorting       = STRUCTURE
  Prerequisites
    Object = TL_GLACommandCenter
  End
  BuildCost           = 500
  BuildTime           = 30.0          ; in seconds
  EnergyProduction    = 0 ;Command center should be free
  CommandSet          = FakeGLACommandCenterCommandSet
  VisionRange         = 300.0          ; Shroud clearing distance
  ShroudClearingRange = 300
  WeaponSet
    Conditions          = None
    Weapon = PRIMARY SuicideWeapon ; I removed this line but issue of Multiple Suicide Bombers in each Command Center still not fixed
    AutoChooseSources = PRIMARY None
  End

If someone can quick fix it... that would be great.

Note: Only GLA Terror Leader has 2 "DisplayName = OBJECT:CommandCenter" codes while other GLA Generals have only 1.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 12 Jul 2016, 2:16
Post #6

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

His stuff is in ChemicalGeneral.ini not TerrorLeader.ini

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 12 Jul 2016, 13:31
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 12 Jul 2016, 2:16) *
His stuff is in ChemicalGeneral.ini not TerrorLeader.ini

There are two Chemical Generals listed there in !RebornINI.big file : ChemicalGeneral.ini and ChemicalGeneral2.ini. Now which one is exactly the GLA Terror Leader?

I have checked both and have not found anything out of order(not sure may be you will find it if you look closely).

The Code in SpecialPower.ini may be the key here :

CODE
SpecialPower SuperweaponTerrorCell
  Enum              = SPECIAL_REPAIR_VEHICLES;SPECIAL_AMBUSH
  ReloadTime        = 240000  ; in milliseconds
  RequiredScience   = SCIENCE_TerrorCell
  PublicTimer       = No
  InitiateSound     = RebelAmbushActivated
  RadiusCursorRadius = 50
  ShortcutPower     = Yes    ;Capable of being fired by the side-bar shortcut.
  AcademyClassify   = ACT_SUPERPOWER;Considered a powerful special power that a player could fire. Not for simpler unit based powers.
End

It also Refers to Science.ini Code given below:

CODE
Science SCIENCE_TerrorCell
  PrerequisiteSciences = SCIENCE_GLA SCIENCE_Rank3
  SciencePurchasePointCost = 1 ; note that this means "not purchasable", NOT "free"!
  IsGrantable = Yes
  DisplayName = SCIENCE:GLATerrorCell
  Description = SCIENCE:ToolTipGLAScienceTerrorCell
End

Not sure what to add or remove here to fix that issue!

Also the Anthrax Bomb (3 Star General) for GLA Terror Leader shows the same bug, i.e. Duplicate Special Powers when extra Command Center is built.

CODE
SpecialPower SuperweaponAnthraxBomb
  Enum                = SPECIAL_ANTHRAX_BOMB
  ReloadTime          = 360000  ; in millisecons. min is 2x door/open close time!
  RequiredScience     = SCIENCE_AnthraxBomb
  PublicTimer         = No
  SharedSyncedTimer   = Yes
  ViewObjectDuration  = 30000
  ViewObjectRange     = 250
  RadiusCursorRadius  = 200
  ShortcutPower       = Yes    ;Capable of being fired by the side-bar shortcut.
  AcademyClassify     = ACT_SUPERPOWER;Considered a powerful special power that a player could fire. Not for simpler unit based powers.
End

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 12 Jul 2016, 15:40
Post #8

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Doom @ 12 Jul 2016, 20:31) *
There are two Chemical Generals listed there in !RebornINI.big file : ChemicalGeneral.ini and ChemicalGeneral2.ini. Now which one is exactly the GLA Terror Leader?

I have checked both and have not found anything out of order(not sure may be you will find it if you look closely).

QUOTE (Zeke @ 9 Jul 2016, 9:35) *
... In the same way, most of GLA terror's command center should be in ChemicalGeneral.ini, if it isn't it's probably in the GLA folder inside the objects folder.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 13 Jul 2016, 15:54
Post #9

Group Icon

Thanks for Highlighting Zeke! tongue.gif

After long discussion with my friends who play this Reborn Mod, we have decided to "keep this bug as a Feature" of Reborn mod. But to Make GLA Terror Leader less terrifying we want to Transfer these Special Powers of "Terror Cell" and "Anthrax Bomb" from 3 Star to 5 Star General.

Now where exactly is that code written which gives Special Powers after Reaching certain points?

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 14 Jul 2016, 6:27
Post #10

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

You can find the level requirement in Science.ini as you posted above, and to rearrange the buttons from ranks 3 to 5 you open CommandSet.ini and find the appropriate entry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 15 Jul 2016, 14:16
Post #11

Group Icon

Thanks GDIZOCOM,

Now the Bug#2 is also fixed.

One more thing, What is the capacity of Zero Hour to handle an Extra General in game, Currently there are around 15 Generals in ZH Reborn Mod, Can I add extra Generals (what's the method for it?) or Should I edit the Previously edited Generals.ini and Rename it new one?

This post has been edited by Doom: 15 Jul 2016, 14:17

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 16 Jul 2016, 6:46
Post #12

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Immaturity Incarnate

There is no max limit IIRC, however the max limit of factions that can have a working AI is only 15, Reborn V4 had all the regular ZH subfactions + reborn subfactions and it worked fine, the difference being the reborn subfactions could not have an AI

Edit:

To make a new faction you need PlayerTemplate.ini

This post has been edited by GDIZOCOM: 16 Jul 2016, 6:48

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 25 Jul 2016, 0:03
Post #13

Group Icon

A Quick Question about China Artillery General, Where can I find the settings for Artillery Overlord Tank. I am looking to Decrease it's Range and Damage and Price to construct (make it just like other Tanks), Also remove its current build limit which is 1.

This is just to make China Artillery less Scary and more controllable.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 26 Jul 2016, 3:27
Post #14

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Doom @ 25 Jul 2016, 7:03) *
A Quick Question about China Artillery General, Where can I find the settings for Artillery Overlord Tank. I am looking to Decrease it's Range and Damage and Price to construct (make it just like other Tanks), Also remove its current build limit which is 1.

This is just to make China Artillery less Scary and more controllable.

Should be in NukeGeneral.ini

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 27 Jul 2016, 22:38
Post #15

Group Icon

Hi Zeke,

I have searched the whole NukeGeneral.ini but found nothing related to Overlord Artillery.

Finally Located Overlord Artillery in ArtilleryGeneral.ini and hence modified it to suit our needs. Not sure why you have Two .ini files for same General...

Currently I am stuck on Helicopter General, I am trying to add the Requirement to build Strategy center (similar to RAH 66 Comanche Helicopters) before making Apache Longbow Helicopters. I have tried to add the following code in OBJECT:Apache in HelicopterGeneral.ini :

CODE
  Prerequisites
    Object            = Heli_AmericaStrategyCenter

But this code is not working and it still shown as available to build before making Strategy Center. Even tried to change its cost and time to build but that didn't work as well. Also looked in AircraftGeneral.ini but there is no Code related to apache there... now where else should I Look?

Also found in CommandSet.ini that HelicopterPad was disabled for Helicopter General, why is that? Seems reasonable to have helipad for Helicopter General...

This post has been edited by Doom: 27 Jul 2016, 22:38

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 28 Jul 2016, 3:35
Post #16

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Doom @ 28 Jul 2016, 5:38) *
Hi Zeke,

I have searched the whole NukeGeneral.ini but found nothing related to Overlord Artillery.

Finally Located Overlord Artillery in ArtilleryGeneral.ini and hence modified it to suit our needs. Not sure why you have Two .ini files for same General...

It's something left over by the original creator Nuker. in Reborn v4, the new generals (helicopter, artillery, etc.) existed along with the default ZH generals, but in v5, they we're fused together, and the original ZH generals were removed, to get the AI to work. Basically, Nuker copied the new generals and units, into the inis of the original ZH generals, so Artillery General is Nuke General, Helicopter General is Airforce General, etc.

Currently I am stuck on Helicopter General, I am trying to add the Requirement to build Strategy center (similar to RAH 66 Comanche Helicopters) before making Apache Longbow Helicopters. I have tried to add the following code in OBJECT:Apache in HelicopterGeneral.ini :

CODE
  Prerequisites
    Object            = Heli_AmericaStrategyCenter

But this code is not working and it still shown as available to build before making Strategy Center. Even tried to change its cost and time to build but that didn't work as well. Also looked in AircraftGeneral.ini but there is no Code related to apache there... now where else should I Look?

IIRC The apache is the king raptor in AirforceGeneral.ini.

If you're confused as to which unit is which check the commandsets and build buttons of the original ZH generals.

Also found in CommandSet.ini that HelicopterPad was disabled for Helicopter General, why is that? Seems reasonable to have helipad for Helicopter General...

I don't remember. Probably just hasn't been finished yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 28 Jul 2016, 17:43
Post #17

Group Icon

I don't remember. Probably just hasn't been finished yet.

I checked it, it works fine just like a Normal Airport which can only build helicopters. Also enabled some of the unused Helicopters like LittleBird and BlackHawk for Helicopter General just for Testing.. and they work fine as well.

Now another small but Important Question.. Is it Possible to have 3 Propaganda Centers to be built first before a certain Tank can be built.

I have tried adding this code to that Tank settings:

CODE
  Prerequisites
    Object = Nuke_ChinaPropagandaCenter Nuke_ChinaPropagandaCenter Nuke_ChinaPropagandaCenter

Even Tried this:
CODE
  Prerequisites
    Object = Nuke_ChinaPropagandaCenter

But that does not seem to work. Any work around to achieve this ?

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 28 Jul 2016, 23:58
Post #18

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Immaturity Incarnate

I don't think it's possible if it's the same building three times. It has to be different as far as I know

You can work around it by instead having one propaganda center, and two protocol upgrades for the Prop Center where the third one upgrades WF commandsets to make the Artillery Overlord buildable. This means you have to remove upgrading commandsets with mines though.

This post has been edited by GDIZOCOM: 29 Jul 2016, 0:00

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doom
post 31 Jul 2016, 12:41
Post #19

Group Icon

In Reborn v5 there is a Harrier for USA Rogue General, I tried to enable it in v6.26 in the CommandSet.ini. It show the icon for Harrier now and builds it as well but it does not show on the map, the only thing appears is the smoke coming from its Engine, I compared the code for Harrier in v5 and v6, there is hardly any difference but for some reason the later version is not showing Harrier Graphics, other fucntion like firing Rockets etc work fine. Is there any thing which I am missing?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1 June 2024 - 23:34