GeneralCamo
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:24
Post #26

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

If the GLA can only build one airfield (and with that, only with an upgrade), does the "Third Tier Anti Air Defense Structure" idea still stand?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:27
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Was there any official mention of a 3rd tier AA structure?

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:32
Post #28

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

It has been mentioned many times (including in the old Q&A Thread).

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:33
Post #29

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1107

One concern I have, while I do like it's limited to one airfield per cell to prevent tons of GLA aircraft flying around which would be tad too ridiculous I think having only holding two Interceptors may be a bit too limiting IMHO but I'll wait and see.

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:39
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

Can't the GLA chopper uses a machine-gun pod to wreck infantry all it likes, or does it eventually have to return to rearm if for its guns?

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:45
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 28 Apr 2012, 16:33) *
One concern I have, while I do like it's limited to one airfield per cell to prevent tons of GLA aircraft flying around which would be tad too ridiculous I think having only holding two Interceptors may be a bit too limiting IMHO but I'll wait and see.

No,that is enough,no . . . More than enough,they should be happy and shut up,and cheer because they got Airforce. beer1.gif

QUOTE (MARS @ 28 Apr 2012, 7:18) *

Are those two extra nozzles some nitro additions ?
I understand one intake one nozzle,but one intake three nozzles not so much,
only if the other two purpose is to give nitro boost to plane if sole engine which is very old and unreliable malfunction.
That would explain it,although I don't think it would help pilot to much biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 28 Apr 2012, 17:01
Post #32

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

Member No.: 482

I wonder though, why don't just limit the Interceptor instead limiting the Aistrip?
sometimes I'd like to move my planes from one airfield to another airfield for strategic reasons. and anyway the empty hangars can be used to hold your allies aircraft. tongue.gif

EDIT: and also this way I could get more Interceptors if my allies have spare airfields.

This post has been edited by n5p29: 28 Apr 2012, 17:05

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 28 Apr 2012, 17:31
Post #33

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (MARS @ 28 Apr 2012, 16:27) *
Was there any official mention of a 3rd tier AA structure?

Yeah, Hunter mentioned one down the line though it's probably been dropped in favour of the more awesome solution at hand.

QUOTE (n5p29 @ 28 Apr 2012, 18:01) *
I wonder though, why don't just limit the Interceptor instead limiting the Aistrip?

So I can build as many Airstrips as I want but no airplanes for them? Nah screwyou.gif

This post has been edited by SorataZ: 28 Apr 2012, 17:33

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 28 Apr 2012, 17:45
Post #34

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

My reaction on checking the ROTR page several minutes ago:

"Ah, the weekly update."

"HOLY SHITFUCKBALLS A GLA AIRFORCE!"

Almost as much of a pleasant surprise as the equally unexpected content of last week's update! I see that that fanart of a hypothetical GLA fighter jet has become awesome reality smile.gif The Gazelle is a good choice...way back I remember talking about what a GLA airforce would consist of in Shockwave and mentioning MiG-29s (and Su-25s, MiG-19s, and so on) and Gazelle attack helicopters as likely candidates for GLA aircraft.

I think the supposed third level AA unit was supposed to be for the ECA.

BTW, the link on the ROTR page for the renders of the Interceptor and Gazelle seem to be broken; they just lead to the airstrip render.

This post has been edited by DerKrieger: 28 Apr 2012, 17:45

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 28 Apr 2012, 17:51
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

I finally figured out what has been bugging me for a while - I don't really like the name of GLA Interceptor. Those jolly cave dwellers usually come up with better names.
QUOTE (SorataZ @ 28 Apr 2012, 22:31) *
So I can build as many Airstrips as I want but no airplanes for them? Nah screwyou.gif

Probably wants to build as many airstrips as possible to go heli-spamming.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 28 Apr 2012, 18:07
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

The ECA gets an airforce just no damn euro fighters. Now lets please stop bitching and carry on with the subject at hand and besides by the sounds of current plans the new ECA airforce sounds way better than some over hyped shitty euro fighter in the first place.

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 28 Apr 2012, 18:37
Post #37

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 28 Apr 2012, 18:45) *
BTW, the link on the ROTR page for the renders of the Interceptor and Gazelle seem to be broken; they just lead to the airstrip render.
Thanks for that links are now fixed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 28 Apr 2012, 21:41
Post #38

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

They might pack a punch, but with all GLA tech, the paper-mache armour will fail unless its well micro managed

--------------------

+Quote Post
markp
post 28 Apr 2012, 21:54
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 176

Will the Gazelle be able to carry troops? And if so, will those troops be able to shoot from within the helicopter (like the combat chinook or helix/bunker)? Thanks.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 Apr 2012, 21:59
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

The Gazelle will not have any transport capabilities.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 28 Apr 2012, 22:31
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

Epic designs. I must say i really like this. How ever there are a few things i find lacking.

First of all you said this can be considered the GLA T3 AA, but it was also you who said that this is just a choice, and the player can still chose to go pure non-air gla. So this basicly leaves GLA without an actual T3 AA. For what i could count so far they have the quad for T1 and the ural for T2. And they MIGHT get a semi T3 AA if they spend shit tons of highly important general points. So this imo leaves them with a huge weaknes.

Second - this is a rank 3 unlock. But it also says there that at first the heli is armed with some sort of unguided rockets and the interceptor just with guns. Then you have to spend another rank point to unlock addional weapons for each. With a limit of 1 airfield - 2 interceptors and a helicopter that at first sounds prety much like just a flying RPG dude ( and i dunno if without the weapon upg it can target air ) it's not much to offer. Hell you need to general points to unlock a cvasi air fleet and a semi T3 AA.

Third - Isn't 2 general points a bit to much to unlock something that is already extremly limited by default. I mean sure ... 1 point could be cool, but 2 points. And to make it even worse those 2 abilities you said that come with this require a 3rd point, which basicly requires the other 2 unlocks. For some reason this to me looks kinda overstreched and offers way to little in return.

I'll wait and see, but from all the info you gived us this far, i see these 3 points as problems imo.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 Apr 2012, 23:27
Post #42

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anubis @ 28 Apr 2012, 23:31) *
First of all you said this can be considered the GLA T3 AA, but it was also you who said that this is just a choice, and the player can still chose to go pure non-air gla. So this basicly leaves GLA without an actual T3 AA. For what i could count so far they have the quad for T1 and the ural for T2. And they MIGHT get a semi T3 AA if they spend shit tons of highly important general points. So this imo leaves them with a huge weaknes.

Second - this is a rank 3 unlock. But it also says there that at first the heli is armed with some sort of unguided rockets and the interceptor just with guns. Then you have to spend another rank point to unlock addional weapons for each. With a limit of 1 airfield - 2 interceptors and a helicopter that at first sounds prety much like just a flying RPG dude ( and i dunno if without the weapon upg it can target air ) it's not much to offer. Hell you need to general points to unlock a cvasi air fleet and a semi T3 AA.

Third - Isn't 2 general points a bit to much to unlock something that is already extremly limited by default. I mean sure ... 1 point could be cool, but 2 points. And to make it even worse those 2 abilities you said that come with this require a 3rd point, which basicly requires the other 2 unlocks. For some reason this to me looks kinda overstreched and offers way to little in return.

That is magic of playing with GLA,when I played Generals first time I said Whaaaaat,there are not Airforce what I can do without planes,
but now even when we get jets some newbs will say Whaaaaaaat I spent all my GPs on Airport and AA.
But you are unconventional militia and you should feel like them while you play with them,so sneaky bastard tactics are essential.
Plus,what you would unlock with GLA,Rebel Ambush ? Anthrax Bomb ? All GLA General Powers are pretty weak compared to counterparts so this kind of unlocks aren't bad idea.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 28 Apr 2012, 23:34
Post #43

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

QUOTE (Anubis @ 28 Apr 2012, 22:31) *

This was my initial thoughts and I still somewhat agree, but Ural trucks are very close to the power of T3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 29 Apr 2012, 0:21
Post #44

Group Icon

Text says that GLA Interceptor is ''A fast, light attack jet that has been pieced together from several Cold War era fighter planes.'',
clearly we can see MiG-21,but can you tell as which Cold War Era jets have been put in the mix particularly ?

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 29 Apr 2012, 0:31
Post #45

Group Icon

The tail-less delta wings look like those of a Mirage/Kfir jet.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 29 Apr 2012, 0:36
Post #46

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Here is a suggestion I have to end the problems:

Allow one airfield at start, with only interceptors available. With the tier three unlock, an ADDITIONAL airfield, plus the Gazelle.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 29 Apr 2012, 0:49
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 29 Apr 2012, 1:36) *
Here is a suggestion I have to end the problems:

Allow one airfield at start, with only interceptors available. With the tier three unlock, an ADDITIONAL airfield, plus the Gazelle.

I think that would be '' little bit'' impossible to do,because of coding,and also it is not so important.One airfield and you should be happy,
think how it would be hard to GLA mechanics to build those jets.

QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 29 Apr 2012, 1:31) *
The tail-less delta wings look like those of a Mirage/Kfir jet.

I also thought about some old school Mirage,but which is 3rd one ? huh.gif

This post has been edited by simeon5541: 29 Apr 2012, 0:50

+Quote Post
TheSpudd
post 29 Apr 2012, 1:12
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 9020

Wow. Just wow. We are still going on about this?! I'm sure the ECA will be just fine gents, just fine.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 29 Apr 2012, 1:43
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 28 Apr 2012, 15:57) *
Dude, no one EVER said that the ECA air force was gonna be shitty. Heck, they've got billions worth of funding and they just don't have uber-l33t Eurofighters and shit because of lore reasons and faction diversity. For one, the ECA won't need to spend like three general points to get a functioning air force and even IF their options are limited by comparison, they still pack a lot more punch than anything the GLA has. Their stuff is as fast as jets, packs the weapon variety of helicopter gunships and doesn't. Need. To reload. Ever. The GLA air force is useful but mostly in the sense that it allows you to play mindfucks on your opponents and harass his economy/builders. The ECA air force fucking destroys armour columns and guess what? They can actually build as many of them as they bloody wish because they aren't limited by the number of Airstrips.

Yeah,OK but ECA Airforce will be available to only,merely,just one general.I meant jets,that are not my words just to say.

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 29 Apr 2012, 1:47
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (simeon5541 @ 28 Apr 2012, 18:49) *
I also thought about some old school Mirage,but which is 3rd one ? huh.gif

Well, apparently the Interceptor is armed with twin 20mm cannons. Those sound a lot like the guns on the F-5E Tiger II.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21 June 2024 - 5:56