post 10 Jan 2013, 12:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9627

Hi,

first of all this mod is sooo great !

and here are couple of questions :

1. do u plan on having ROTR available on Gameranger ?

why i ask mostly is cause me and my friends play a lot of generals ZH recently started a different mode (Contra) cause Hamachi doesn't rly work for us and Gamerangers uses the games exe so we cant use the rotr.exe

2. mismatch error

we get the mismatch error sometimes on normal and other mods but when we did hamachi 1vs1 and 2vsbots the mismatch happened in the first 3 seconds every time on like 5 tries we tried to reinstall but we just couldn't work it out
is this a know issue is there a fix is hamachi the problem ?

3. technical difficulties (input from anyone pls)
one thing i tried to do is have 2 copies of the game on my pc, with normal zero hours both worked, when i installed Contra for example on one that worked and the other copy still worked as normal zh, then i tried to install rotr on the normal zh but that gets me a technical difficulties error message upon launching rotr, does anyone has some experience with having two copies at once ? is there a conflict maybe cause the game shares the folders that are in user/documents/ (the ones where the .ini files and saves are) can this be somehow worked out so i can still play contra with my friends bud play rotr alone at least ? or does contra and rotr work on the same game ?

used both 1.8 and 1.8.1 patch, using 1.0.4 ZH (windows 7) (newest version of hamachi)

any input and answers from anybody will be greatly appreciated

thx and sry for my english if its not good
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 10 Jan 2013, 12:20
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

3. I have several seperate root directories/installs for each mod that I have so as to keep things 'clean' and not conflictory. The My Documents, game data shouldn't be creating problems. You could try pulling the folder out of the root directory and letting the game recreate the folder and test it that way. I can only imagine that the acheives and online data is causing an issue between different games.

2. Might be your versions/patch, if its Hamachii you might want to check out the official thread (in the stickies?) for how to set it up.

1. I defer to others knowledge.

+Quote Post
exav3n
post 10 Jan 2013, 12:33
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Genmotty @ 10 Jan 2013, 12:20) *
3. I have several seperate root directories/installs for each mod that I have so as to keep things 'clean' and not conflictory. The My Documents, game data shouldn't be creating problems. You could try pulling the folder out of the root directory and letting the game recreate the folder and test it that way. I can only imagine that the acheives and online data is causing an issue between different games.

2. Might be your versions/patch, if its Hamachii you might want to check out the official thread (in the stickies?) for how to set it up.

1. I defer to others knowledge.

thx for the feedback

3. so do you by any chance have contra and rotr working at the same time on those seperate installs ? maybe contra is somehow blocking rotr

2. ye i looked that up before what we still need to try is the open hamachi server cause maybe the problem is that one of us is hosting, but we see each other in the lobby without problems we start the game but it lasts 3 seconds :/

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 10 Jan 2013, 12:54
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

QUOTE (exav3n @ 10 Jan 2013, 13:33) *
3. so do you by any chance have contra and rotr working at the same time on those seperate installs ? maybe contra is somehow blocking rotr

Your probably using contra 007 since that's the last public version. You dont need to install it in a ZH folder. You can put it in its own folder ( that's how i use it ). It has a launcher that will detect your installed ZH anyway (so make sure you always have a clean ZH). Use the launcher to play contra. Then after you exit contra use the launched option to uninstall contra's files. You see everytime contra launches it will put some files in you ZH folder that will screw with any other mod. That's why the same launcher has a option to uninstall those files after each game session.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 10 Jan 2013, 12:54

+Quote Post
exav3n
post 10 Jan 2013, 13:44
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anubis @ 10 Jan 2013, 12:54) *
Your probably using contra 007 since that's the last public version. You dont need to install it in a ZH folder. You can put it in its own folder ( that's how i use it ). It has a launcher that will detect your installed ZH anyway (so make sure you always have a clean ZH). Use the launcher to play contra. Then after you exit contra use the launched option to uninstall contra's files. You see everytime contra launches it will put some files in you ZH folder that will screw with any other mod. That's why the same launcher has a option to uninstall those files after each game session.

yes 007

so i could for example instal 1 zh then rotr on it, then play contra with the launcher then uninstal contra with the launcher and rotr should work ?

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 10 Jan 2013, 13:50
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Google is your frekin friend. There are tutorials on how to have literally infinite mods on your computer. Search for Zeke's tutorial for multiple mods.

+Quote Post
exav3n
post 10 Jan 2013, 14:18
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anubis @ 10 Jan 2013, 13:50) *
Google is your frekin friend. There are tutorials on how to have literally infinite mods on your computer. Search for Zeke's tutorial for multiple mods.

ok thx

and sry i was searching for a freakin solution for problems first like that i cant play rotr on gameranger or own hamachi server, multiple mods is the last solution but thx i will look that up

+Quote Post
exav3n
post 11 Jan 2013, 8:21
Post #8

Group Icon

fixed, endet up using the dedicated hamachi server that you got here that works, so its either a hamachi a firewall or an internet problem that we cant play it if somebody from us hosts hamachi

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 May 2024 - 7:35