Reply to this topicStart new topic
R&D Compound Bib
Mcbob
post 18 Jan 2013, 4:15
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 52

Being a unit production facility, shouldn't the ECA R&D Compound have a construction bib considering that if other structures are placed in the way of the exit door, there is the potential of prototype units getting stuck during games?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 18 Jan 2013, 4:44
Post #2

We complain because we care!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9248

I have had units clipping into other structures, but none have become jammed yet.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vintorez_*
post 18 Jan 2013, 17:16
Post #3

Guests

I'd prefer it if the Pandora and Manticore were build-able from the War Factory (Vehicle Depot) rather than the R&D compound itself - once you've constructed the R&D compound and researched the protocol.

+Quote Post
Darky
post 18 Jan 2013, 21:24
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

To be honest, I would prefer them to be airdropped at a Drop Zone for added drama.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 18 Jan 2013, 23:29
Post #5

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 18 Jan 2013, 22:24) *
To be honest, I would prefer them to be airdropped at a Drop Zone for added drama.

Manticore might be too heavy and who carries neutron warheads along with its firing platform on a blimp?

QUOTE (Vintorez @ 18 Jan 2013, 18:16) *
I'd prefer it if the Pandora and Manticore were build-able from the War Factory (Vehicle Depot) rather than the R&D compound itself - once you've constructed the R&D compound and researched the protocol.

no that would make the reason to capture the RND compound useless, Cross teching and all;
Like USA can give you battleplans, China can give you power russia can give you mass production etc,

Thou I wonder;

Would it be OP when other factions superunits could be caputured to be used agaisnt;
For example: Russia gets rank 5 and gives a point to use thier "superunit" but the circimstances made russia unavaible to make the X building to create it (Lets call it industrial plant for now)

So they capture an RND compound to create only one epic unit, this being the newly captured ECA unit?
*Shrugs*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Evan
post 18 Jan 2013, 23:59
Post #6

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Member No.: 8893

What "Super Units" from other factions. AFAIK ECA is the only one getting something like this, for good reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 19 Jan 2013, 0:59
Post #7

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

He is talking about the Russian Super Unit, that supersecretrussianthing

+Quote Post
Guest_Vintorez_*
post 19 Jan 2013, 4:04
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 18 Jan 2013, 16:29) *
Manticore might be too heavy and who carries neutron warheads along with its firing platform on a blimp?

no that would make the reason to capture the RND compound useless, Cross teching and all;
Like USA can give you battleplans, China can give you power russia can give you mass production etc,

Thou I wonder;

Would it be OP when other factions superunits could be caputured to be used agaisnt;
For example: Russia gets rank 5 and gives a point to use thier "superunit" but the circimstances made russia unavaible to make the X building to create it (Lets call it industrial plant for now)

So they capture an RND compound to create only one epic unit, this being the newly captured ECA unit?
*Shrugs*

It doesn't work that way, because you can't create any units at a captured war factory/airfield/R&D Compound/etc which require a General's point to unlock (ex. Paladin tank, Pathfinder, etc). If you capture the structure, the unit will just be greyed out and say 'requires generals' promotion'.

He is talking about the Russian Super Unit, that supersecretrussianthing

According to the team, that unit can only be created at a special capturable tech building, so even though it's "Russian" story-wise, it's not really specific to the Russian faction's normal tech tree.

This post has been edited by Vintorez: 19 Jan 2013, 4:06

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 19 Jan 2013, 8:43
Post #9

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

The aurora seems superunitish

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darky
post 19 Jan 2013, 10:29
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 19 Jan 2013, 0:29) *

Blimps are gigantic and I highly doubt it is heavier than the 4 Leopards that a blimp can carry. Wasn't it said that Manticore is 100 tonnes, that's less than two Leoparda combined, and it also takes less space. Furthermore, the same experimental Hydrogen Fuel Cells could be used on the blimp, giving it even higher lift. For Pandora's lift, you could have an engine that works by detonating nuclear warheads, see Project Orion for what I mean, and it would be considerably more economical by 2040, Orion was thought up in 1960s.

As for the Pandora question, I don't know, maybe someone who can't win the war without the said warheads and weapon platforms? Makes more sense than having them magically assembled in the field, nukes might be cheap but the infrastructure necessary to make them isn't. If they were an airdrop it would also seem like they can't be mass produced and something must have went really wrong for us to be given them. That would be more "RotRrealistic" and not just more realistic than a field facility storing infinite plus one nukes.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 19 Jan 2013, 10:35
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Vintorez @ 18 Jan 2013, 17:16) *

There is a reason for this: You wouldn't build your R&D Compound outside your own base while you could do that with a Vehicle Depot. Having the Manticore and the Pandora buildable at the VD would allow you to construct one right outside the enemy base which would be a tad too easy considering the advantage you might get out of it. Doing the same with an R&D Compound is possible but a lot more risky.

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 19 Jan 2013, 19:29
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 52

So how about that bib guys? Just like how every ground unit production structure has a buffer space and all that prevents other structures from being build in the way .-.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10 June 2024 - 3:14