Reply to this topicStart new topic
Infiltration and Stolen Tech
Darky
post 26 Jan 2013, 15:58
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

Just remembered, even though it wasn't very helpful in RA2, getting Stolen Tech units was great and it gave you an incentive to use infiltrators. Since we already have Frank Jaeger, it seems that an infiltration mechanic could be implemented and might actually work well. Now, there are a lot of stealth detectors, but a more limited detection system just for infiltrators could be useful.

And since we all want to see Raptors with Quad Cannons or Nuclear Tomahawks, and maybe even invisible (ECA commando) SEALs (USA) that get Horde Bonus (China) (okay that last one is a bit silly), the question is, are/were there any plans to add this in a future release?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SGM. Jazzie Spur...
post 26 Jan 2013, 16:09
Post #2

I like turtles.
Group Icon

Member No.: 33
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room! ▀▀▀█ ▀▀▀█

Crosstech like that can be implemented, but I think it will not be implimented because it would break the uniquess bonus of the factions.

--------------------

Propiety of the Europe Continental Army. Do not capture, interrogate or torture.

+Quote Post
Darky
post 26 Jan 2013, 16:09
Post #3

Group Icon

Yes but it adds another tactical aspect to the game and can result in interesting combinations. It also gives you something to look out for.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 26 Jan 2013, 17:44
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Do you have the smallest idea how much work that would require. From doing all sort of combo vehicles to code and bugs and shit. And even then it would be quite limited. Plus as far as i remember there are no infiltrators in zero hour nor rotr. There's a huge difference between RA infiltrators and Jaeger. Not only that but the only 'infiltrators' in the game are for ECA - the hero so it hardly counts as infiltrator and the saboteur - which later will probably limited to 1 of the GLA generals.
So this is not only way to hard to implement, but also useless and probably impossible due to how 2.0 will function (just in case the moddb description is to hard to read - the current factions are placeholders until the finalized generals come in 2.0 ).

This post has been edited by Anubis: 26 Jan 2013, 17:46

+Quote Post
Darky
post 26 Jan 2013, 17:45
Post #5

Group Icon

Thanks for the reply, and no I don't, and that's why I just follow mods instead of trying to be useful to them. mindfuck.gif Just saying, it wouldn't have to be the same as RA2 style, but the concept itself adds another tactical aspect.

This post has been edited by DarkyPwnz: 26 Jan 2013, 17:46

+Quote Post
CoLT
post 26 Jan 2013, 18:57
Post #6

C&C:Reichsmarsch Mod Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9264

Agreed that cross-teching does offer many other opportunities for strategy. However, it has very limited use. In 1v1, where can you use it? In larger matches, maybe, but it's unlikely as it is not something you can plan for and rely upon as a strategy. it's just something that you can do if the opportunity arises.

Anyway, Rotr is pretty much planned out to the finish so you might as well suggest somewhere else.

--------------------

Visit our ModDB

+Quote Post
CheoRock
post 26 Jan 2013, 19:09
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9522
You'll be what you must be, or else you will be nothing...

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 26 Jan 2013, 11:58) *
Now, there are a lot of stealth detectors, but a more limited detection system just for infiltrators could be useful.

Just few days ago I see a thread with people complaining about the limitations of stealth detectors... mani8.gif
IMHO this, apart for being impractical, just doesn't fit with the orientation of the game. I don't really like the idea of chinese tanks with PDLs or something like 'Commando-Terrorist' stuff... Perhaps this could work, in a minor scale, in ShW but definitely not in ROTR... dry.gif
But is just my opinion...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 26 Jan 2013, 19:18
Post #8

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

I think this too much implement.

If try do this, it requires a ton of new resourse(mention about new codes and s*** stuffs).

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Guest_Vintorez_*
post 26 Jan 2013, 19:55
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 26 Jan 2013, 8:58) *
Just remembered, even though it wasn't very helpful in RA2, getting Stolen Tech units was great and it gave you an incentive to use infiltrators. Since we already have Frank Jaeger, it seems that an infiltration mechanic could be implemented and might actually work well. Now, there are a lot of stealth detectors, but a more limited detection system just for infiltrators could be useful.

And since we all want to see Raptors with Quad Cannons or Nuclear Tomahawks, and maybe even invisible (ECA commando) SEALs (USA) that get Horde Bonus (China) (okay that last one is a bit silly), the question is, are/were there any plans to add this in a future release?

No thanks, that sounds like something you'd see in a mod like Contra, not ROTR.

I mean Raptors with Quads? Why would the US need to 'steal' Cold-War-era technology for a state-of-the-art 5th Generation fighter jet? As many holes there already are in the realism, this would take it to a new level. Plus some of those ideas (like invisible SEALs) sound unbalanced - if SEALS were invisible, there would be no reason to use Burton at all.

This post has been edited by Vintorez: 26 Jan 2013, 19:56

+Quote Post
Darky
post 26 Jan 2013, 20:32
Post #10

Group Icon

Those aren't ideas, that's the part where it got cheesy. I was being sarcastic.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 26 Jan 2013, 21:32
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

Erm, you see, there will be, in total, 15 generals, 3 per faction. Which means, we won't be able to have cross-general teching, cause it'd require to create 15^2 different units. (if we go by the rule of each gen getting 1 unique special unit, upon crossteching)

So we're left with 5x5 units, which is still kinda alot, plus, it will be hard to make them fit individual generals.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 26 Jan 2013, 21:33

+Quote Post
Guest_Vintorez_*
post 30 Jan 2013, 13:00
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 26 Jan 2013, 13:32) *
Those aren't ideas, that's the part where it got cheesy. I was being sarcastic.

I wasn't sure, realistically though if such a feature were implemented in any form (which it won't) it would be a lot more low-key, something more along the lines of:

Steal USA tech = all vehicles' speed increases 10%, all units gain veterancy 50% faster

Steal China tech = all vehicles/infantry become 10% cheaper and are built 10% faster

Steal GLA tech = unlock ability to use GPS scrambler, all basic infantry become stealth when not attacking

Steal Russia tech = all vehicles/aircrafts' firepower increases 15%, basic infantry gain ability to detect stealth

Steal ECA tech = all vehicles/buildings' armor increases 15%, all base defenses gain 15% range

---

This isn't even a suggestion because I know it's not going to be implemented and the team's not interested in suggestions for new units/gameplay features, etc - I'm just giving an example of a similar idea which would fit the ROTR theme - the idea of creating 'franken-units' through cross-teching really would be too outlandish for a game or mod like this.

+Quote Post
SGM. Jazzie Spur...
post 30 Jan 2013, 13:33
Post #13

I like turtles.
Group Icon

Member No.: 33
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room! ▀▀▀█ ▀▀▀█

If I recall correctly, that would take upgrade slots. They are very limited (128 hardcoded) and I think that devs have already take them for future upgrades

--------------------

Propiety of the Europe Continental Army. Do not capture, interrogate or torture.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 30 Jan 2013, 15:59
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

The idea itself is not bad however it would be very difficult to balance things to the point of making the game remains competitive.

Perhaps it is better make the GPs benefit more your own team in multiplayer games, this is the best 'crosstech' in my opinion. wink.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Lobo Solitario
post 30 Jan 2013, 17:04
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9093

While I love crosstech and certainly wouldn't complain about some being added, I do agree that the team has plenty of work already without having to do this as well. At the end of the day it's a bit of added candy but it takes a load of work, so it's not a big priority.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 30 Jan 2013, 17:40
Post #16

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

This isn't necessary, really.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12 June 2024 - 16:22