IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Clarification with the Generals, Mainly with the American Armor and ECA Royal Guard
Admiral*Alex
post 17 Jan 2014, 1:32
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

I know sometimes these can get out of control and become tiring but can I and the community would like to have some answers though I understand if the answer maybe "wait till 2.0 or 1.85" on some or all answers but thanks for the time to read and answer the questions at least
most of the questions come from the lore/ the 2 of 3 rule

1). Sis a while back it was determined that General Bradley wasn't getting a super heavy tank like a Mammoth Tank etc... what is the Armor General getting as an exclusive unit? or is he getting a lot (I know of the 128 upgrades per faction rule) of upgrades?

2). If I am mistaken about the Armor General's unique vehicle(s) aka a heavy tank other than the Paladin; is his artillery getting scrapped ? (for balance reasons obliviously)

3). IF neither is the case is his vehicles getting an armor package upgrade like extra armor and a version of Quick Kill or a Zero Hour version of it?

4). Because General Bradley is a Marine does this mean he is getting a/any Marine exclusive unit(s) like the AAV-7 (Link http://www.marines.com/operating-forces/eq.../vehicles/aav-7 ) ?

5). Because according to the wiki General Bradley prefers Shock-and-awe attacks so is he getting the fuel air bomb/ MOAB or any other destructive general powers other than the Carpet Bomber power?

6). Is the Royal Guard General getting a unique vehicle or two or just defenses?

7). Because the Royal Guard is getting the Bulldog Turret are the other Two factions getting some thing similar just neufed (less health, less damage ...) or nothing as in being removed from their generals powers list or something different all together?

8). Because lore wise, the ECA air force was destroyed in Europe by the Russians and the British have the only operational air force, is the Eurofighter strike power going to be reserved for the Fire Support General while the others with get an artillery exclusive general power to them or is it the other way around ?

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 17 Jan 2014, 2:00
Post #2

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

I'm pretty sure that in 2.0 the capret bombing power is going to be exclusive to General Bradley along with the Paladin, Bradley and some other stuff(possibly the Avenger).

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 17 Jan 2014, 3:39
Post #3

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (general alex @ 17 Jan 2014, 1:32) *
8). Because lore wise, the ECA air force was destroyed in Europe by the Russians and the British have the only operational air force, is the Eurofighter strike power going to be reserved for the Fire Support General while the others with get an artillery exclusive general power to them or is it the other way around ?

if i remember correctly, the spanish and portugese air forces are still active due to they geographical location
also i recall there was a mention of Bradley getting a M163 and chaparral, or at least i recall the chaparral being general exclusive, but that could be changed since then/i could be totally wrong which is most probably the case

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 17 Jan 2014, 5:52
Post #4

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

fastest and easiest way to tell who gets what in terms of already revealed content, simply look at the faction symbol stamped on it. if it is unique that means it belongs to the general that that symbol belongs to, if it is generic, then it is for all generals. example- hind has a star with AK-47 [Orlov] and Kodiak has a generic red star [non-specific]

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
MARS
post 17 Jan 2014, 9:01
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (general alex @ 17 Jan 2014, 1:32) *
1). Sis a while back it was determined that General Bradley wasn't getting a super heavy tank like a Mammoth Tank etc... what is the Armor General getting as an exclusive unit? or is he getting a lot (I know of the 128 upgrades per faction rule) of upgrades?
2). If I am mistaken about the Armor General's unique vehicle(s) aka a heavy tank other than the Paladin; is his artillery getting scrapped ? (for balance reasons obliviously)
3). IF neither is the case is his vehicles getting an armor package upgrade like extra armor and a version of Quick Kill or a Zero Hour version of it?
4). Because General Bradley is a Marine does this mean he is getting a/any Marine exclusive unit(s) like the AAV-7 (Link http://www.marines.com/operating-forces/eq.../vehicles/aav-7 ) ?
5). Because according to the wiki General Bradley prefers Shock-and-awe attacks so is he getting the fuel air bomb/ MOAB or any other destructive general powers other than the Carpet Bomber power?
6). Is the Royal Guard General getting a unique vehicle or two or just defenses?
7). Because the Royal Guard is getting the Bulldog Turret are the other Two factions getting some thing similar just neufed (less health, less damage ...) or nothing as in being removed from their generals powers list or something different all together?

1.) It is indeed correct that neither Bradley nor any other US General will have a Mammoth tank or a similar super heavy. What he does get however is the Paladin, as well as a number of unique vehicles. Overall, Bradley will have about as many unique units and upgrades as the others.
2.) We generally don't take the 'give X, take away Y' approach to balancing, so no, Bradley's artillery options will match those of the other US Generals, i.e. Tomahawks + a Tier 1 ranged attack unit that is unique for all three of them.
3.) See above. However, Bradley is actually the only one who gets the Composite Armor upgrade.
4.) He is a Marine in the story, but these themes are not quite as pronounced in his tech tree as I would like. While the Marines do have their own tanks, it's not really the thing they're famous for. One might argue that a Marine background would have been more appropriate for Thorn with his special forces and all, but that would create an odd effect with him having Green Berets, Deltas and SEALs, i.e. anything -except- actual Marines. That said, we might do something with the AAV7 at some point...
5.) FAB/MOAB will not make a return for the US in-game and due to the way the GPs are set up, every General has an exclusive rank 1 unlock and an exclusive 3 level rank 3 unlock, which is already reserved for the Bombing Run abilities.
6.) Naturally, we will also have a few vehicle/non-defensive structure options at his disposal, otherwise he would be way too passive and static in his gameplay.
7.) The Bulldog Turret is Willem's exclusive 3 level rank 3 power. Wolfgang and Charles will have powers that represent their themes rather than watered-down versions of the same turret.
8.) The Eurofighter Bombing Run is indeed going to be Charles' unique 3 level rank 3 power whereas the Minedrop will be available for all Generals, leaving only Wolfgang with a yet-to-be-revealed 3 level rank 3 power.

Also, I am now officially establishing '3LR3' as an acronym for that particular kind of power^^

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 17 Jan 2014, 9:28
Post #6

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (MARS @ 17 Jan 2014, 9:01) *
8.) The Eurofighter Bombing Run is indeed going to be Charles' unique 3 level rank 3 power whereas the Minedrop will be available for all Generals, leaving only Wolfgang with a yet-to-be-revealed 3 level rank 3 power.

I am interested in how this is going to work out screwyou.gif

+Quote Post
MARS
post 17 Jan 2014, 10:42
Post #7

Group Icon

As in, how the other Generals will manage without the EF Run or as in, what Wolfgang is going to have instead?

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 17 Jan 2014, 15:28
Post #8

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Neither. As in, how do you fit yet another 3LR3 into the tab? It's filled.

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 17 Jan 2014, 16:28
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

Hmm, maybe a vehicle drop for wolfgang?

You call it in anywhere in the map and an airship lands and drops off units? Like the deployment zone?

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 17 Jan 2014, 16:52
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

Maybe Blitzkreig?

All tanks in the area get a speed and damage bonus.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 17 Jan 2014, 17:09
Post #11

Group Icon

^ Not only would that be boringly similar to the Chinese Frenzy power, but conferring temporary speed boosts via a buff ability is also technically impossible.

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 17 Jan 2014, 22:13
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

QUOTE (MARS @ 17 Jan 2014, 4:42) *
As in, how the other Generals will manage without the EF Run or as in, what Wolfgang is going to have instead?

If speculation is allowed I don't think Wolfgang is getting air borne tank reinforcements because the US Armor general was suppose to receive air-dropped tanks in the beta of generals when it had generals which because ROTR is using the beta generals this seems likely and lore wise Europe lose their air force which included transports. Artillery is out because he prefers tanks with infantry support and 2 of 3 rule Fire Support has the Claymore so wait and see maybe?

Though how will the other generals manage with out the Eurofighter power?

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Darky
post 17 Jan 2014, 22:51
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

I don't want to make a thread just for this, so have you changed the Paladin so far in ROTR? Because in Shockwave it costs 1400 and it totally blows, even the Laser General variant isn't that great because burst damage is better than sustained fire (and Laser General's General Points are tightly spread among some very good powers), so I was hoping that you could make the Paladin not suck.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 17 Jan 2014, 23:20
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 17 Jan 2014, 23:51) *
I don't want to make a thread just for this, so have you changed the Paladin so far in ROTR? Because in Shockwave it costs 1400 and it totally blows, even the Laser General variant isn't that great because burst damage is better than sustained fire (and Laser General's General Points are tightly spread among some very good powers), so I was hoping that you could make the Paladin not suck.

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 16 Jan 2014, 22:46) *
Unfortunately, I can't comment on certain part of your post, because of certain changes in 185.
All I can say atm.

I'd recommend not to discuss USA balance in general until more stuff gets revealed.

P.S. Also, ROTR Paladin stat-wise is same or stronger than SHW one tongue.gif (Doesn't mean anything, though. DevTeam is aware of how inefficient they are in 1802, and various balance issues with various factions have been addressed some time ago.)

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 17 Jan 2014, 23:24

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 17 Jan 2014, 23:57
Post #15

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

^ I can also state it has received a visual update as well.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 18 Jan 2014, 0:00
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

Paladin has buffs?

I need to make a time machine.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
Neutrino
post 18 Jan 2014, 0:09
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 9633

What doesn't make sense to me is Bradley getting carpet bomb. I mean it is trivial to assume that Griffon operates B-1 lancers and B-2 spirits. Why is it the other way around?

--------------------
"How about we sing "Kyle's Mom is a Stupid Bitch" in D minor..."

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 18 Jan 2014, 1:09
Post #18

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Because otherwise it would be fucking boring. Why give the guy with the airplanes, which are mostly fighters and bombers, a bombing run power?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jan 2014, 6:47
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Neutrino @ 18 Jan 2014, 0:09) *
What doesn't make sense to me is Bradley getting carpet bomb. I mean it is trivial to assume that Griffon operates B-1 lancers and B-2 spirits. Why is it the other way around?

First, the notion that bombers are Air Force while Bradley is a Marine/ground warrior doesn't really matter since every battle you play is technically a combined effort of the various branches that constitute the armed forces of your factions. Bradley is getting the Bombing Run because it is easily the splashiest power in the US arsenal, which is appropriate for a guy who's going to engage the enemy head on in a pitched ground battle. Plus, the notion of carpet bombing is kind of brutal and old school compared to the more sophisticated/precise attacks the US have at their disposal, which fits for Bradley who's a very gung-ho, Pattonesque character. Plus, it's not like we're talking about some junior lieutenant here; Bradley is a four-star General and a veteran of the previous war; if he needs a strategic bomber to level the dudes in front of his tanks, the Air Force will send one. Griffon on the other hand is getting an air-based power that'll capitalise more on tactical versatility and precision.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 18 Jan 2014, 9:37
Post #20

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I have 2 questions to ask.

Sure Griffon will have exclusive upgrades for his jets, but will there ever be any unique fighter jet for 1 general of the US faction or just the usual Raptor?

And will the Aurora replace the Nighthawk for Griffon? Since the Bunker buster bomb was supposed to belong to the Aurora, if I'm not wrong?

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 18 Jan 2014, 9:37

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Jan 2014, 9:46
Post #21

Group Icon

1. As it stands right now, all US Generals will be using the Raptor, since there simply isn't that much you can do to diversify the multirole fighter that is supposed to be an allround attacker aside from having a 'unique' version with slightly altered stats, which is lame. There's also the fact that America gets its first jets at Tier 0, which is where special units can't be too radically different from the default versions because it creates unfair advantages very quickly.
2. All US Generals have the Nighthawk. The Aurora is something entirely different and cannot be compared to it. In fact, the way we currently planned it, it won't even resemble the original Aurora in its function.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 18 Jan 2014, 10:50
Post #22

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Jan 2014, 9:46) *
The Aurora is something entirely different and cannot be compared to it. In fact, the way we currently planned it, it won't even resemble the original Aurora in its function.

So it won't have its super/hypersonic ability at all? I assumed that the new Aurora it wouldn't drop speed at all after dropping it and it would be made more expensive to compensate.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 18 Jan 2014, 11:44
Post #23

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Jan 2014, 10:46) *
1. As it stands right now, all US Generals will be using the Raptor, since there simply isn't that much you can do to diversify the multirole fighter that is supposed to be an allround attacker aside from having a 'unique' version with slightly altered stats, which is lame. There's also the fact that America gets its first jets at Tier 0, which is where special units can't be too radically different from the default versions because it creates unfair advantages very quickly.
2. All US Generals have the Nighthawk. The Aurora is something entirely different and cannot be compared to it. In fact, the way we currently planned it, it won't even resemble the original Aurora in its function.

1. This is fine. I was hoping for an old AOE attack jet for Bradley, though.
2. So the Aurora won't be a dedicated anti structure unit anymore, as that role have been reassigned to the Nighthawk....It's kinda hard to guess, as the US already have hunter killer drone for dedicated anti armor role too.
And.......will it require a general's power point to unlock?

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 18 Jan 2014, 11:46

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 18 Jan 2014, 12:41
Post #24

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

^^
The Aurora is a Griffon only unit for 2.0
So Genpoint unlock? Other then picking your general....I doubt it will be

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 18 Jan 2014, 13:03
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I like the idea of Bradley have at their disposal a heavy bomber like the B-52, it makes sense since he is the man behind the USA overseas campaigns - ie, hits the enemy to raze - leaving to Thorn and Griffon the most surgical strikes.

The fact that the Gen. Bradley also command the Marines is something fun because allows to be included in their arsenal a mix of heavy and light units and I imagine he probably has groups intended for rapid assaults - light vehicles and maybe some unique amphibious units - something that combines with the traditional conception of the Marines.

Thinking about the necessary logistics for the Bradley move your heavier vehicles, like the Paladin - (must be larger and heavier than an Abrams) - over long distances, like Africa for example, and bearing in mind that the USA does not have more overseas bases to facilitate logistics as they face this problem in ROTR? I presuppose that they in fact invested in new technologies such as heavy transport airships that currently already are being developed.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12 June 2024 - 11:17