IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fanfiction |Alternative Reality| #02 - The Crete Secrets, Conceptions about the Balkan Confederation.
__CrUsHeR
post 7 Feb 2014, 4:09
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

"Vincenzo", Italian fisherman.

"I remember to this day... was March 12, 2041 when I was with my companions in the boat... that morning had seen many ships of the Greek Coast Guard, and some helicopters flying over the area, if not the warning on the radio that was going on a military maneuver in those waters I would think it had been a kind of accident like a wreck."

"Logic I not ignored the warning because the number of ships I knew that the thing was serious... then I continued fishing quietly until sunset. That's when the things started to get weird: I felt a headache and my friends have complained that they were feeling the same thing, strangely the waters had become warmer, I would say that two degrees warmer, and things did not stop there... right behind the clouds the sky began to flash oscillated in colors between blue and red, but it was not a storm, after we had looked at the weather forecast..."

"I was getting scared because we knew that everything that was not something natural, and I thought to myself: the gods of Crete would be manifesting... Anyway what happened soon after was the most surprising: one kind of beam light descended from the sky touching the horizon then the lights became more intense almost blinding my vision. oa I could barely hear of the siren patrol... when I returned to see the Coast Guard was on the side of our boat, I could not avoid, then asked: what the hell was that sailor replied harshly we should not be there and we had not seen anything, but of course I know what I saw..."

"Today, best thinking about what happened I imagine something for that day: some kind of secret test. So I say to my children that there are good and bad people... you know... turn a wonderful island in an testing zone?"

Tech Stronghold

The first Tech Stronghold of the Balkan Confederation was sighted on the coastal region of Crete in 2039 by a USA satellite image. The huge structure made of titanium, lead and pre-cast concrete blocks for the USA's military was undoubtedly a bunker designed to control the maritime flow on the Mediterranean strait. Actually they did not know much about the functional purpose of this strange bunker: what appeared in a preliminary intelligence analysis just be a large communications antenna was actually a prototype of an ionic irradiator, designed for performing experiments related to "active ionization". In 2041, in the same Tech Stronghold, after completing the upgrade 'Ionic Amplifier', the Russian official-scientist, Aleksandr, was convidade for inaugural ceremony and witnessed an unbelievable fact: the Destroyer Knossos was surrounded by an artificially ionized field and amid intense light flashes became a shining ship. In practice the Knossos received a charge of ions creating a thin pelicula on its structure making the ship becomes virtually invulnerable to damage, however immediately Aleksandr was disappointed after realize the consequences of use this weapon - the Crete Island had been without electric power - and the army of his country would not use a such device, at the risk of suffering with a blackout, yet scientific studies in this field have advanced in recent years and the generals of the Balkan Army not think to abandon this promising project despite the risks. Besides offering additional support - through Ionic Amplifier upgrade - for 'Active Ionization' the Tech Stronghold is a bunker, and the necessary structure for the production of the most advanced units of the Balkan Confederation.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 7 Feb 2014, 16:01
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10275

I like the idea,sort of like Iron Curtain from Red Alert.Now we only need some super tank to take advantage of it.Actually The General has that covered.

--------------------
Forums unofficial vigilante

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 7 Feb 2014, 16:07
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 7 Feb 2014, 13:01) *
I like the idea,sort of like Iron Curtain from Red Alert.Now we only need some super tank to take advantage of it.Actually The General has that covered.

Yes, it was planned on the premise of the Iron Curtain. Up till now we are still not working effectively together, (I and @The General), but this possibility exists.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 7 Feb 2014, 16:31
Post #4

Group Icon

I suggest joining up,because having 2 people separetly working on basicly same project seems counterproductive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 7 Feb 2014, 16:44
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 7 Feb 2014, 13:31) *
I suggest joining up,because having 2 people separetly working on basicly same project seems counterproductive.

Exactly, he has some great ideas on the design of the BC and I have some too, we're trying to find a way to gather these ideas and build something together, but we still need to discuss some points.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 7 Feb 2014, 16:53
Post #6

Group Icon

I hate to be boring,but if I can help send me a message

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 7 Feb 2014, 16:57
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 7 Feb 2014, 13:53) *
I hate to be boring,but if I can help send me a message

Ok, I have in mind something involving Serbia to soon, so your help will be welcome friend.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 7 Feb 2014, 20:04
Post #8

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Member No.: 9974

The main diference i see that exists between our two fanfictions is that you are giving Balkan a too much research ability.
Also, in my fanfiction Serbia is the main researcher on the Balkans, because in the cannon it's described as a driving force of the region.

I hope we will find a way to work together soon.

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 8 Feb 2014, 9:20
Post #9

Group Icon

Yeah,dude Nuclear reactors and Heavy Walkers were a little overboard wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 8 Feb 2014, 12:23
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 8 Feb 2014, 10:20) *

Actualy, the very idea of nuclear reactors are fine as far as i'm concerned.

--------------------
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 8 Feb 2014, 13:28
Post #11

Group Icon

I was more thinking something like coal reactor,some other thermic reactor or hell even a wind power plant

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 8 Feb 2014, 15:34
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 8 Feb 2014, 5:20) *

Maybe one thing or another is a bit too modern, but is not nothing that surpasses existing technologies in ROTR.

About Titan: It's a worker suit, ie, a robot manned intended solely for work, however there is another similar unit more high-tech, besides other land and air units with a high-tech desing.

The Nuclear Fission Reactor technology is widely known today, mainly in Russia, in the date of the facts would be no nonsense that they are using nuclear fission as the primary energy source.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 8 Feb 2014, 17:55
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 8 Feb 2014, 15:28) *
I was more thinking something like coal reactor,some other thermic reactor or hell even a wind power plant

As MARS would say, "Now you're just asking me to spoil my story".

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
The General
post 8 Feb 2014, 17:57
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 8 Feb 2014, 17:34) *
Maybe one thing or another is a bit too modern, but is not nothing that surpasses existing technologies in ROTR.

About Titan: It's a worker suit, ie, a robot manned intended solely for work, however there is another similar unit more high-tech, besides other land and air units with a high-tech desing.

The Nuclear Fission Reactor technology is widely known today, mainly in Russia, in the date of the facts would be no nonsense that they are using nuclear fission as the primary energy source.

The working suit could be introduced during the war, in a "how would Balkan units look like if it was a playable faction in game" kind of a thread.

Nuclear power plant is a fair point. It could have been put into service in Serbia even before the war.

This post has been edited by The General: 8 Feb 2014, 18:01

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 8 Feb 2014, 18:00
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (The General @ 8 Feb 2014, 14:57) *
The working suit could be introduced during the war, in a thread "which units would Balkan have if it was an in game faction".

Nuclear power plant is a fair point. It could have been put into service in Serbia even before the war.

It is fair.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 8 Feb 2014, 20:05
Post #16

Group Icon

Ok,first things first: I got a lot of rage for walker unit in JSDF fanfic.Mostly because some say its too advenced.FOR FREAKING JAPAN,so its sort of a streach for Serbia to have it.Second China has Nuclear reactors already so it seems redundant.Even Russia has Coal reactors so I was thinking it would make more sense to go with something similar.And most importantly BC is a regional power not a global superpower so we want to keep it powerful but not too OP.Thats just IMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 8 Feb 2014, 20:30
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 8 Feb 2014, 17:05) *
Ok,first things first: I got a lot of rage for walker unit in JSDF fanfic.Mostly because some say its too advenced.FOR FREAKING JAPAN,so its sort of a streach for Serbia to have it.Second China has Nuclear reactors already so it seems redundant.Even Russia has Coal reactors so I was thinking it would make more sense to go with something similar.And most importantly BC is a regional power not a global superpower so we want to keep it powerful but not too OP.Thats just IMO.

The concept of "regional power" applies in terms of lore and because the faction not engaging in battles around the globe as the other factions of the ROTR, however does not mean that they can not be really modern and technological, in certain segments they can even be superior to the Russians. Maybe you can wait a little longer to draw some conclusions because not everything is written in stone yet, some things are subject to change and other things still need to be explained at an appropriate time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 8 Feb 2014, 20:59
Post #18

Group Icon

Your the creative one.I was just saying nuclear reactors are unoriginal.I mean everyone has them storywise,but to avoide repeating,every1 was give a different power source,so IMO it would be cooler to have different power source for BC.See where Im going with this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 8 Feb 2014, 21:19
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 8 Feb 2014, 17:59) *
Your the creative one.I was just saying nuclear reactors are unoriginal.I mean everyone has them storywise,but to avoide repeating,every1 was give a different power source,so IMO it would be cooler to have different power source for BC.See where Im going with this?

I understand what you're saying about originality, but I think that an Nuclear Fission Reactor is still different from a conventional nuclear reactor (China ), or a Cold Fusion Reactor (USA), in both: necessary technology process for generation energy and the concepts.

China produces nuclear energy without worrying about the "safety measures", so you can overload its reactors, besides the more they are the simplest possible.

The USA produces a clean and safe nuclear energy with last generation technology.

The Russia maintains a old model because energy production grew very rapidly and the demand became gigantic. In the penultimate update you may notice that the MARS explained about the Russian coal plant, ie it is not the only form of energy on Russia, is adopted by only a matter of "design of the faction".

The ECA uses anything unusual with the Solar Reactor - a high-tech prototype - that the technology not even known by the other factions.

The BC uses the intermediary between China and the USA in terms of energy generation, ie a safe and modern reactor but with less production capacity than Chinese or American.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 8 Feb 2014, 22:19
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 8 Feb 2014, 21:05) *

Russia still has nuclear reactors, just not in the game because China is the nuke faction. That doesn't mean that in the story Russia has no nuclear power plants, or nuclear weapons for that matter.

As Russia is the ally of the united Balkan, and as Serbia needs to develop quickley, it's only logical that they'd turn to the technology that provides the most power, which is nuclear technology.
Serbia and united Balkan isn't an in game faction, so we don't need to bang our heads around to find an idea which would give them a unique way to get power.

This post has been edited by The General: 8 Feb 2014, 22:21

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 8 Feb 2014, 23:25
Post #21

Group Icon

QUOTE (The General @ 8 Feb 2014, 19:19) *
Serbia and united Balkan isn't an in game faction, so we don't need to bang our heads around to find an idea which would give them a unique way to get power.

Hehe, actually is not, but I plan units presented keeping in mind like a playable faction, so there is still some "attention" in the time to choose something to be displayed. tongue.gif This is something weird because I have not the faintest idea of how some "mechanisms" here exposed would be coded, since other things I imagine the stats and even the balancing within the game, even for fun, alias becomes fun because not necessarily need to be something codeable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 8 Feb 2014, 23:46
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 9 Feb 2014, 0:25) *
Hehe, actually is not, but I plan units presented keeping in mind like a playable faction, so there is still some "attention" in the time to choose something to be displayed. tongue.gif This is something weird because I have not the faintest idea of how some "mechanisms" here exposed would be coded, since other things I imagine the stats and even the balancing within the game, even for fun, alias becomes fun because not necessarily need to be something codeable.

I have an idea how it would look like in the game too, and i plan to try to writte it down in another fanfiction ( like Serialkillerwhale did with Canadian units ), but not at this point.

This post has been edited by The General: 8 Feb 2014, 23:46

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 9 Feb 2014, 7:00
Post #23

Group Icon

Ok,The General,you didnt read my second post where I say that every1 has NC reactors but for the sake of difference everyone uses a different power source.Second thing we know this is hardly be considered to be ingame,but lets write like it is.And this isnt about powering citys but a single Army base so I image standard power generators would be used.

This post has been edited by Yamato_95: 9 Feb 2014, 7:01

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 10 Feb 2014, 4:09
Post #24

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

I don't think it'd be reasonable to have wind power, hydro, or solar.

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
Red Hood
post 12 Feb 2014, 19:27
Post #25

Group Icon

It was an EXAMPLE,and I guess in a world where there is a Giant Solar reactor,cold fusion reactor and such it would be too much for someone to use thermal or wind reactors,right?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 10:31