Outlast, You WELL shit your pants
Thelord444
post 11 Mar 2014, 13:10
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80Wv66GYSs

Love horror games? Can't find a good scary game anymore? then this one is for you.

Warring: Do not play this game without an extra pair of underware.

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BliTTzZ
post 11 Mar 2014, 13:11
Post #2

Army - group of people who fix diplomatic mistakes.
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 944

That's true, simple but really scary game. I didn't ever played, just watched the walkthrough. Changed my pants a few times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 11 Mar 2014, 13:26
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (BliTTzZ @ 11 Mar 2014, 15:11) *
That's true, simple but really scary game. I didn't ever played, just watched the walkthrough. Changed my pants a few times.

I installed it last week, play 1 hour everyday 2 days lol, too damn scary, but i am up for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 12 Mar 2014, 3:38
Post #4

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

General... Time to put on your lead underwear!

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 12 Mar 2014, 11:57
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Karpet @ 12 Mar 2014, 5:38) *
General... Time to put on your lead underwear!

laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 12 Mar 2014, 21:53
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9552

Implying the gameplay isn't 90% the same as the first Amnesia game's, which had a much better atmosphere and a better story. For my tastes, this abandoned asylum where shit has gone wrong due to yaddayaddayadda is extremely boring and uncreative.
However, if you are indeed looking for a horror game and you don't mind playing an Amnesia clone, then it is good as a filler.

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 13 Mar 2014, 6:39
Post #7

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

I heard the ending was EXTREMELY anti climatic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 13 Mar 2014, 11:43
Post #8

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I watched the trailer and all I can say is: boring. Nothing I haven't seen before. Pass.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 13 Mar 2014, 13:12
Post #9

Group Icon

Here is a challenge for anyone saying that this game is not scary and boring: Install the game, Play it at 12-2 AM, You must be alone in the house (not even a pet), headphones, Lights off, must film it. mindfuck.gif Go on 'not scared' people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 13 Mar 2014, 14:11
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9552

Yea right.
Any spooky game that needs to be played at night in the dark to scare you is not really a spooky game. Good ones can have a good impact regardless of your surroundings.
A good horror game doesn't operate by jumpscares. A good horror game makes you feel uncomfortable and scared most of the time, not really giving you any peaceful time.
It also avoids unnecesarry exposure on monsters, unlike in Outlast, which often just shoves them into your field of view. Amnesia was good in this manner because looking at monsters was penalizing. One usually fears the unknown more.
Silent Hill 1-4 were good because they were relying on the atmosphere, not cheap jump scares and overexposing monsters.
Dead Space series were supposed to be a horror game. After you encounter the first few monsters, they don't really scare you anymore, because one gets used to their looks. They tried to make them scary eventually by making them more disguisting, because "LOOK HE BARELY HAS ANY FACE, HAS SHARP STUFF AND HIS GUTS ARE HANGING OUT". Spoopy.
/Spoiler for those who want to play Outlast.
The generic enemies who mad because of failed experiments is just another overused stupid theme. The "successful" experiment which is actually a big cloud of nanobots forming a humanoid shape and being attached to the psyché of a subject is again another uncreative, really boring shit. The only twist is you can only see it through the nightvision of your camera. Wow. Try harder. Not to mention the game loses all scare part when you just think "ohey, I'm just playing tag in some dimly lit house with some other folks".
All that blood and gore don't have any effect on atleast me. Ohey, some guts and a face, daaaaamn, my pants!
Oh yeah, Crusher is right, the ending is anti-climatic, after you kill that subject, the nanocloud attaches itself to you, because it can only attach itself to persons who've seen lots of gore and mentally thraumatizing stuff or something similar hamfisted reason. 30 seconds later a commando team behind a door shoots you, and the last thing you hear is the nanocloud appearantly flowing out of you and murderind the team. Game ends with you lying in the pool of your own blood, rewarding you with a big fat nothing for going through all of this.
/Spoiler

Tl;dr: I manage to derail the thread and also summarize why Outlast is completely forgettable and not spoopy at all, no matter the time of the day.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 13 Mar 2014, 16:43
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Maxner12 @ 13 Mar 2014, 16:11) *
Yea right.
Any spooky game that needs to be played at night in the dark to scare you is not really a spooky game. Good ones can have a good impact regardless of your surroundings. This had an impact on me playing on daylight! even through i dont get scared that esaily
A good horror game doesn't operate by jumpscares. A good horror game makes you feel uncomfortable and scared most of the time, not really giving you any peaceful time. That's exactly what Outlast and jumpscares do, you do not know whats gonna come up next, always scared
It also avoids unnecesarry exposure on monsters, unlike in Outlast, which often just shoves them into your field of view. Amnesia was good in this manner because looking at monsters was penalizing. One usually fears the unknown more. Agree on that one
Silent Hill 1-4 were good because they were relying on the atmosphere, not cheap jump scares and overexposing monsters. Agree on that one too, but Outlast had a pretty good atomsphere too
Dead Space series were supposed to be a horror game. After you encounter the first few monsters, they don't really scare you anymore, because one gets used to their looks. They tried to make them scary eventually by making them more disguisting, because "LOOK HE BARELY HAS ANY FACE, HAS SHARP STUFF AND HIS GUTS ARE HANGING OUT". Spoopy.

Tl;dr: I manage to derail the thread and also summarize why Outlast is completely forgettable and not spoopy at all, no matter the time of the day.

Didn't include the spoiler cause i didn't read it, and that's my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3 June 2024 - 6:18