Reply to this topicStart new topic
AI Troubles
Shark3900
post 17 Dec 2014, 1:34
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10780

Let me apologize in advance, as I've seen this topic posted quite a few times, but none of the troubleshooting seems to help me.

Of course, I have C&C The Ultimate Edition on Origin, but here's what I've done so far:

I got the 1.8 and 1.802 patch off Moddb,
Installed them each to their own separate folders (which I named ROTR and ROTRPatch),
Renamed all the .gibs to .bigs,
Pasted them inside the \Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\,
But this is where I've gotten confused...

I haven't seen anyone mention the .016_ or .256_ files, so I left those alone.
I've seen the "rename the Scripts folder", of course me being the noob to this I am wasn't sure which scripts folder.
Of course I tried the original folder first, but that just left the AI defeated and on neutral upon start up.
I renamed the new scripts folder but the bots wouldn't build anything beyond non-modded units.
(USA would build a Supply Center, Barracks and Rangers, War Factory and Humvees but nothing more. Same with the GLA, Supply Stash and Barracks with Rebels but that's all.)
I tried the fixed launchers, running as administrator, I even tried the Desura post. (Even though Desura seems to be more like Steam than Steam Workshop now...)

I've played Rise of the Reds before but couldn't remember how I got it to work.
Anyone have any further advice or am I stuck with brain dead AI's?

EDIT:
To further explain my steps, I've decided to re-install Generals and take a few captures.
Attached File  CaptureROTR.PNG ( 124.59K ) Number of downloads: 7

My ROTR folder, as soon as the install finished.
Attached File  CaptureROTRPatch.PNG ( 94.36K ) Number of downloads: 7

My ROTRPatch folder, also as soon as the install finished.
Attached File  CaptureROTRRenamed.PNG ( 221.05K ) Number of downloads: 2

All the files renamed from .gib to .big.
Attached File  CaptureROTRFiles.PNG ( 131.03K ) Number of downloads: 4

All of the files placed in the \Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\ folder.
Attached File  CaptureROTRScripts.PNG ( 105.46K ) Number of downloads: 6

The bane of my existence, the data folder.
Attached File  CaptureROTRFixedLaunchers.PNG ( 184.21K ) Number of downloads: 6

Fixed the launchers before launching the game yet again.
Note: I also launched as administrator, couldn't quite screen shot that so...
Attached File  CaptureROTRTechnicalDifficulties.PNG ( 11.75K ) Number of downloads: 3

This pops-up every time I alt+tab out of the game, so I couldn't take anymore screenshots.
But my skirmish match was a 2v2 on El Presidente Island, I was on Team 1 with a Medium Army, both USA, against Team 2, both Medium Army's and GLA.
I start the match and my Medium Army's building is neutral with no units created from him, the GLA's buildings are there, but they don't do anything the entirety of the game.
Hence why I call these AI's brain dead.

This post has been edited by Shark3900: 17 Dec 2014, 3:28
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 17 Dec 2014, 3:57
Post #2

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Shark3900 @ 17 Dec 2014, 8:34) *
I got the 1.8 and 1.802 patch off Moddb,
Installed them each to their own separate folders (which I named ROTR and ROTRPatch),

This step is unnecessary. If your afraid of your original game files being overwritten, you should just copy your ZH folder, and install the mod there.

I haven't seen anyone mention the .016_ or .256_ files, so I left those alone.

If it's installed by the installer, then it must be needed for the mod to work, right?

I've seen the "rename the Scripts folder", of course me being the noob to this I am wasn't sure which scripts folder.
Of course I tried the original folder first, but that just left the AI defeated and on neutral upon start up.
I renamed the new scripts folder but the bots wouldn't build anything beyond non-modded units.
(USA would build a Supply Center, Barracks and Rangers, War Factory and Humvees but nothing more. Same with the GLA, Supply Stash and Barracks with Rebels but that's all.)
I tried the fixed launchers, running as administrator, I even tried the Desura post. (Even though Desura seems to be more like Steam than Steam Workshop now...)

You were right the first time. Of course the new units won't work, if you disable the new scripts. rolleyes.gif

The reason it didn't work might be related to the reason above.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shark3900
post 17 Dec 2014, 4:26
Post #3

Group Icon

True about the files, although I had tried them before and it didn't work.
And I suppose the scripts thing was common sense, I was just trying to give clear information.

However I did add those files in and the AI still failed.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 17 Dec 2014, 4:42
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10072

gibs? Why didnt you download the mac support version? It would have save you from a lot of trouble, since you only had to move the files to zh folder and voilá! And you wouldnt need the .016 .256 files.

This post has been edited by Oliver: 17 Dec 2014, 4:45

+Quote Post
Shark3900
post 17 Dec 2014, 5:13
Post #5

Group Icon

I tried the Mac no-installer version, same thing, and it didn't have the scripts so it was just the basic vanilla units.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 17 Dec 2014, 13:33
Post #6

Group Icon

oh, and have you patched zero hour to 1.04?

+Quote Post
Shark3900
post 18 Dec 2014, 0:53
Post #7

Group Icon

I thought the ultimate edition was already patch 1.04? But either way I'll try it myself when I get to my computer.

EDIT: So, I got the 1.04 ZH Patch off cnclabs and it immediately says "Old file does not exist", so I assume I just have some missing files or something. So I deleted the ROTR files and ran Repair on Origin.

EDIT 2: Okay it still doesn't work. It loads, it says "Please make sure the game is not running", then it goes to scan EnglishZH.big and another pop up "Old File does not exist", and then aborts the update. I'll assume that The Ultimate Edition is automatically 1.04

This post has been edited by Shark3900: 18 Dec 2014, 2:33

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 18 Dec 2014, 3:56
Post #8

Group Icon

that doesnt mean nothing really, it already happened to me.. Have you experience in modding? You could try to extract every file from the big files directly into zh folder, if it doesnt work check if it is really zh 1.04 cause that might be the problem.

+Quote Post
Shark3900
post 18 Dec 2014, 3:57
Post #9

Group Icon

I don't really, unfortunately.
Thanks for the help though, hopefully someone can help me figure it out.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 18 Dec 2014, 4:04
Post #10

Group Icon

don't worry, I have both first decade and the ultimate edition but I only have the individuals generals games installed, cause those are the only cnc games that I use.. I'll install it tomorrow and see if I can help you.

EDIT: For some reason the game doesn't launch on my end, but it is patched.

This post has been edited by Oliver: 18 Dec 2014, 21:29

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12 June 2024 - 6:48