Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WoT or WT
SWR Productions Forum > Community > Games Discussion
TimeBurner
Which should I play World of Tanks or War Thunder?
For anyone who has played both games or has an adequate knowledge of both games. Based on gameplay fun factor. Which is better?
Svea Rike
I prefer World of Tanks because you can drive prototype tanks such as the Maus or T95, but I don't know if you can do that in WT as well...
Sargeant Rho
WT has prototype tanks, too. The doom turtle and the Maus are in both games.

Personally I prefer World of Tanks over War Thunder for tank combat, and War Thunder over World of Warplanes for air combat.
MyDude25
If you're looking for purely armoured combat; World of tanks is okay, but i highly prefer Armoured warfare ( aka World of modern tanks) way over world of tanks as of late from a purely gameplay standpoint.

As for warthunder, forget Warthunder since that game's armour combat is a complete, laughable mess.
GeneralCamo
Not to mention a Pay2Win nightmare. Overpowered tanks can be yours by simply paying some cash. At least most of the World of Tanks premium tanks are complete garbage.

But yes, I highly recommend Armored Warfare.
TimeBurner
hmmm.. Thanks for the reply guys! biggrin.gif
Serialkillerwhale
WoT Downsides: Has Artillery
WT Upsides: Does not have Artillery

Pretty clean-cut there.

#REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME
GeneralCamo
Actually, it does have artillery. It has the Calliope for the Sherman and the T99 for the Pershing. Of course, you must pay real-world money for it. Hence Pay2Win.
Stovie
I very much enjoyed War Thunder when it was a relatively new game and you could still receive XP and Lion bonuses for your first victory of the day. The current system they've switched to has made the grinding unbearable if you're not Premium, and while I'm definitely able to pay for that, and I did for a short while, it gets old fast.

Air battles are still a lot of fun, and ground is as well with friends, but on the whole I can't say much for either game when playing alone. As Kris said, Armored Warfare is probably the more enjoyable experience when playing public.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.