Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unreal Tournament
SWR Productions Forum > Community > Games Discussion
Basilisx
Greetings all,

I didn't see anything regarding UT on this forum and so I thought let's spread the word.
Unreal was my first game on the PC that I obtained with a games' magazine and later on I got UT from a friend.
That was maybe 14 years ago and after all that time I'm still hooked with the sci fi weapons, cool gamemodes, awesome characters and the excellent fluent gameplay. So here it is

Magical Flakcannon, appear!

Some facts to the game so far:
- it is in early development (pre alpha) but everyone can download and play it now

- many placeholders are in the game till the right assets will be made...it is an alpha after all.
- everything will be created in consensus with the community. The community can help creating assets and if they are good enough they will be officially hosted in the game...The Flakcannon you see is a community creation

- it does not and it will not cost any money. You can however spend money on community built things, similar to TF2 hats and stuff.

- DM-Deck and CTF-Face are already on board with many other maps and more maps to come.

- Gamemodes so far: DM, TDM, CTF, Duel + InstaGib with more gamemmodes to come. Assault is already in the making.

- cool new weapon mechanics and combos, like bio-link-webs.

- new moves like sliding or wall running

- Playermodels so far: Thundercrash, Necris and Skaarj

- The game is pretty close to the old UT and less to UT2004, which is awesome if you ask me.

All you need to start the fun is register on Epic's page and start the download. I hope to see some of you around to play some rounds of good old UT.
Alias
I spent countless hours on UT99 so I've been keeping a close eye on this for a quite a while.

There hasn't been a good twitch/arena shooter for a very long time, I have high hopes that this turns out well as it could well revive the genre if it succeeds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.