Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Army Defense
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Custom Maps
M.P
NEW VERSION ADDED

It's a survival map. Originally created by XAttus. I edited and converted it for ROTR (Almost did everything from the beginning, such as scripts, etc.)

Description:

- Each player starts with 2 60K supply docks, 4 oils, 1 oil refinery, a repair bay and 3 celebrus turrets and there's one WarFortress in the middle of the celebruses. Note that all of them are unmanned (So you don't need capture building upgrade, Just put a soldier in them).

- You can't build any kind of defense structure (Except for ECA) so you must defend yourselves with your forces

- Every player starts with 25K money. No way to change it.

- There are 2 invincible War Fortresses Near the spawn points. So you won't camp near the spawn points

- There are total 20 attack waves. You must survive all of them to win.

- All terrain is visible to the players. Radar is on, all of the time

- All enemy units are fully upgraded.

How to make it work:

1. Put a GLA AI (Difficulty won't make any difference) in the position which is outside of the map.

2. Set your teams

3. Survive! biggrin.gif

IMPORTANT: This map is a test version. I'm gonna edit the terrain later. But It's playable, it doesn't have bugs.

Screen shots:

Rohan
Which version of ROTR does it work for ?
M.P
QUOTE (Sam @ 8 Nov 2015, 11:07) *
Which version of ROTR does it work for ?

Test Build
Rohan
QUOTE (M.P @ 8 Nov 2015, 13:07) *
Test Build

Which Version ? Is it the The most recent test build ?
Skitt
yes the most recent test build,
iv been testing this with mp for a while now, its good but quite hard
Eternity 6
QUOTE (mr_Skittles @ 8 Nov 2015, 10:06) *
yes the most recent test build,
iv been testing this with mp for a while now, its good but quite hard

I swear it is impossible made it to the start of wave 2 , you have so little time to prepare and they come with so many tanks .
Please make it easier : P

Edit :I did with my brother tongue.gif both ECA . I managed to kill about 50 him 30 .

Edit : Edit : consider making the time between waves from 80 seconds to 3 or 4 minutes , or increasing the prep time .
M.P
QUOTE (Eternity 6 @ 8 Nov 2015, 20:38) *
I swear it is impossible made it to the start of wave 2 , you have so little time to prepare and they come with so many tanks .

The reason I posted this map was this thing. I want to know your opinions about attack waves to balance them.

More Feedback = Better map
XAttus
Keep in mind that it's not meant to be balanced if you try it alone. You have to get a friend to play with you. tongue.gif
M.P
QUOTE (XAttus @ 8 Nov 2015, 21:05) *
Keep in mind that it's not meant to be balanced if you try it alone. You have to get a friend to play with you. tongue.gif

Well that makes sense too tongue.gif
Eternity 6
QUOTE (Eternity 6 @ 8 Nov 2015, 19:08) *

Edit :I did with my brother tongue.gif both ECA . I managed to kill about 50 him 30 .

Edit : Edit : consider making the time between waves from 80 seconds to 3 or 4 minutes , or increasing the prep time .

I swear read the edit . 8ani5.gif
Skitt
ok mp, myself and comp just had several goes on this and weve come to some conclusions:

too many quads (wave1)
too many buggies (wave 2)
Far too many chaparrals (wave3)

it also needs a longer set up time can barely get t1 with usa, china, eca, gla before the quads are knocking on your door
you need to tone down the waves.
Composite armour
Just played it a few times with Skitt, farthest we got was wave 3.
Too little time to prepare properly and by the time you finally clear up wave 1, wave 2 buggies are already tearing you apart.
Might also reduce the quads on wave 1, the BRDMs alone make it a nightmare.
M.P
It looks like there are some serious issues with the first waves.

Alright I'll edit the waves and post another one soon
M.P
New version added. I adjusted some of the waves, Should be a bit easier now.
Skitt
erm yeah playing it again, still too strong. the waves need to be toned down a lot more, especially the wasps on wave 4-5
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.