Full Version: Silent Winter
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Custom Maps
Skitt
Silent Winter (ROTR)

1v1 King of the hill map
shape based on silent night map
two 30k docks nere each players start position
one oil Derick behind each players base
two Reinforcement pads on the cliffs, one in the North middle, one in the south middle

Description:
The top of the hill in the center of the map features a Neutral Scud storm with a 10 minute countdown
The scud storm is Immortal, it can not be destroyed or sold under any circumstance.
The center of the map has construction of Structures Blocked, defending the area with ur units is your only option.
This area is Displayed by the large grey circle terrain around the hill. anywhere outside that circle u can build as normal.
The players are blocked from building there own superweapons.

Layout:
players start in the east and west.
4 small lakes dividing the players access to the middle on the flat ground into 3 parts.
Upper terrain cliffs accessible from 3 points in each players base and in two points at the middle
Cliff runs all along the edge of the map, plenty of room for tank columns
Some garrisons in each corner of the upper cliffs

Features:
Air bending units, its easily fixed but i find units curving bullets and shells over the hills hilarious so im leaving it as a feature. mindfuck.gif

Note:
If the surrendering player is in possession of the scud storm at the time, the player will not be defeated until the scud storm is captured by the opposing. player
The AI is supported on this map however it will not capture the scud, and it will endlessly attack the scud storm if the player captures it.

To Miss_Thrax for testing it with me over and over
To M.p for sorting out the map.ini and the script problems

Some screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/zProi3z.png
http://i.imgur.com/0DBiakt.png
http://i.imgur.com/77yUgxc.png

Click to view attachment
M.P
There's always somebody called M.P....

Remember that Skit wink.gif
BlackSnake
Hi Skitt!
Very nice map.
Just tested it with Russia AI.
One problem.
After capturing the scud the AI managed to get it from me and sell it immediately!
And one question. Can the ECA hero reset the scud?
Skitt
no idea if he can, doubt it as its map.ini controlled

as for the ai cant be helped, cant stop it from selling it, but the map is mainly for pvp rather than pve
M.P
QUOTE (BlackSnake @ 11 Dec 2015, 23:44) *
Hi Skitt!
Just tested it with Russia AI.
One problem.
After capturing the scud the AI managed to get it from me and sell it immediately!

That's an AI problem. AI can't use the building so it sells it, this can't be fixed (This was also one of the reasons that SWR removed navy, after AI captures the Ship Yard, it sells it immediately)

QUOTE (BlackSnake @ 11 Dec 2015, 23:44) *
And one question. Can the ECA hero reset the scud?

Yes

QUOTE (mr_Skittles @ 12 Dec 2015, 2:06) *
no idea if he can, doubt it as its map.ini controlled

He can, yes
XAttus
The textures on the ramps are glitched, as well as on the majority of the hills around the edge. Fix that and I'd even add this to special approved maps. The idea is great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.