Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SpeCov1k (China) vs Marakar (USA)
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Battle Reports
Marakar
Fun game on an uncommon map: North America

SPOILERS BELOW
Marakar
SPOILERS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

This match was a bit odd for me, since this map is about expansions but the expansions are quite far from the main base, leaving tons of my ospreys prey for Gatling tanks and mig strikes. However, Burton did help a lot in this match, as he didn't deal with Burton earlier, allowing me to harrass his overlords and then spam all my GPs at his base (A10, Spec Ops, Acolytes, Carpet Bomb, Spectre). I honestly think Spec could've won the match had he moved in his army along with the Hans earlier on, as I would've been in a tight spot.

Overall, great game Spec! smile.gif
Rohan
He only lost because he didn't support his army with Troop Crawlers (Which is a must requirement whenever you play as China). Due to this, he didn't get the Propoganda Bonus or the Stealth Detection Bonus allowing Burton to pull a number on his Overlords.

Another major reason was also not supporting his Overlords with ECM Tanks (Another Must Requirement when you play as China). If he had put a few ECM's near his Overlords, those Raptor Missiles would have gotten deflected pretty easily.

A few counter attacks through Migs against the Raptors would have helped also. Though in my opinion, the main reason why he lost was because he didn't build enough ECM Tanks or Troop Crawlers.
Marakar
I think he had a Troop Crawler, but I was switching between Burton's Grenade Launcher and Machine Gun in order to take it out before it could move in with gats. His early aggression was pretty good, especially with the Han follow up, but you're right about the ECM support is lacking for the Overlords.
Rohan
QUOTE (Marakar @ 26 Dec 2015, 22:23) *
I think he had a Troop Crawler, but I was switching between Burton's Grenade Launcher and Machine Gun in order to take it out before it could move in with gats. His early aggression was pretty good, especially with the Han follow up, but you're right about the ECM support is lacking for the Overlords.

He only made one Troop Crawler and that was only to detect your Burton. However by that game phase, all your units must be covered with Troop Crawlers for Stealth Detection and the Propaganda Bonus. It's something that all Chinese Players should do. For example, I never attack without covering my army with Troop Crawlers and Propaganda Airships. Even your base should be covered all round by Sensor Speaker Towers. That Propaganda Bonus is too valuable to not have (Along with Horde Bonus) for your army.
Marakar
Fair Point smile.gif
(WbG)~SpeC~
QUOTE (Rohan @ 26 Dec 2015, 18:35) *
that game phase, all your units must be covered with Troop Crawlers for Stealth Detection and the Propaganda Bonus. It's something that all Chinese Players should do.

thanks for the advice smile.gif
Hecthor Doomhammer
How about a cast of said replay?
{Lads}RikerZZZ
That was some fantastic USA Stratergy. Shame about alot of the GP's tho.
Marakars hits were just unlucky as hell lol
Marakar
QUOTE (RikerZZZ)
Shame about alot of the GP's tho.
Marakars hits were just unlucky as hell lol

Well thats the main thing about GPs. You either go for the safe hits on buildings (unless the player knows ahead of time and sells their building, usually happens with arty strike) or you go for the risky hits on armies which could very well end the game in seconds. Its all about prediction for the latter tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.