Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shockwave Update: This will be bumpy
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave > News Forum
The_Hunter

Hello Shockwave Fans. Today we want to show you another rework to an existing unit:

The Scout Car is available to all Chinese sub-factions including the Vanilla faction, and replaces the Bullfrog.
It is a cheap scout unit available at the Command Center with no prerequisites. Unlike the Bullfrog, it does not have a capture ability, but it is much faster and has the ability to temporarily reveal a large area around itself. This will allow Chinese factions to scout out an enemy's plan in the early game, something sorely missing for China since the original Generals.

Here are a few pictures of the Scout Car in action:

Our first stream was a smashing success! Look out next week (Feb. 28) for another Shockwave stream. In addition, if you missed our stream yesterday, you can view it right here on our YouTube channel:

Angel
It's correct decision, bullfrog with capture ability is cheat. I hope you will not forget about all bugs and cheats and fix everything. Also, thanks for information about development.
Shiro
QUOTE (Angel @ 16 Feb 2016, 0:53) *
It's correct decision, bullfrog with capture ability is cheat. I hope you will not forget about all bugs and cheats and fix everything. Also, thanks for information about development.

We'll definitely try smile.gif
MyDude25
Hello road grinder, my old friend; Nice to see you once again. I8.gif
GeneralCamo
QUOTE (Kris @ 19 Feb 2016, 15:09) *
Hello road grinder, my old friend; Nice to see you once again. I8.gif

Glad SOMEONE caught that. smile.gif
Rafinius
Is there no worry that these cheap, fast, throwaway units will kind of make stealth tactics against China next to useless? I mean this seems almost like old BroodWar Overlord levels of detection. Or does it only see invisible units when activating its ability, in which case I hope that said ability has a non-negligible amount of cooldown.
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Rafinius @ 27 Feb 2016, 23:32) *
Is there no worry that these cheap, fast, throwaway units will kind of make stealth tactics against China next to useless? I mean this seems almost like old BroodWar Overlord levels of detection. Or does it only see invisible units when activating its ability, in which case I hope that said ability has a non-negligible amount of cooldown.

It's even simpler. It doesn't detect stealth at all tongue.gif
GeneralCamo
It's a purely visual scout. It will help you with initial unit movements and what faction the enemy is. It will not help you find those camo-netted tunnels or those stealth hijackers heading to your war factory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.