Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SWR.net at the University
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Support Forum
Cezzar
Hello all!

I am now at my university and i dont see anyone in the lobby. At home its all fine. No problem. I think thats becaus the the Firewall .. do have Univerities Firewalls?
So can someone help me with the problem? I wannna play rise of the reds at the university and maybe introduce it to some colleagues biggrin.gif
XAttus
Most universities will have port blocks on their public networks, rendering all your applications that require internet connection (including SWR.net) unusable. You need to get access to an internal network (might be illegal) or just set up a LAN in order to play.
Damfoos
Indeed. In my (now former sad.gif ) university there are at least 2 uni's own wi-fi networks and I can't play on SWR.net with them (also it keeps logging me off from this forum when using these networks). And there's a commercial network there provided by a local provider, and both SWR.net and forum work with it just fine. So yeah, pretty much what XAttus said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.