Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lack of Updates question
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
BlackRangerXIII
So uhhh
It's been some time (Working on some warcraft 3 mod lore with a friend) since I was here.
I hate to be the annoying guy but... what happened? Where's the update?

Is it real life?
Hanfield
Working on it; soon™©®
Mizo
We had to take a break for a while, so that did slightly slow the pace. However since, around 2 weeks ago , we've been back on high speed again.
Emin96
Work is in Progress be patient, mod isnt dead.

biggrin.gif tongue.gif mani8.gif tongue.gif
IntoTheRain
Its been what though, 10 months since the last patch?

Is a balance patch every 3 months really out of the question? It doesn't really need new content, just number tweaks for the obvious problems.
Mizo
QUOTE (IntoTheRain @ 28 Aug 2016, 17:34) *

Is a balance patch every 3 months really out of the question? It doesn't really need new content, just number tweaks for the obvious problems.

The patch isn't just about balancing , or adding new features though. Besides, suppose the test build went public, with the drastic changes it got, both testers and Devs would get constant complains and "bitching" from people who don't know what they are talking about/Don't see the full picture.
There's some of that already therefore Devs and Testers don't really want to deal with this kind of stuff, in addition to having real life obligations to attend for.
Skitt
QUOTE (IntoTheRain @ 28 Aug 2016, 16:34) *

takes longer than that mate, change one thing leads to issues with other things etc. cant just throw a patch out every 3 month and expect people to have a personal life.
X1Destroy
I can wait. I hope that the next update will have some new units. I rather see nothing than a post with only texts about bug fixes/balance.

As for patch, 1.85 need a hot fix because it crashes like crazy. 1.86 on the other hand, is quite stable and doesn't need to rush things up.
BlackRangerXIII
QUOTE (Emin96 @ 28 Aug 2016, 11:56) *
Work is in Progress be patient, mod isnt dead.

biggrin.gif tongue.gif mani8.gif tongue.gif

Hey!
I'm being patient
ComradeCrimson
I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, were back on the grind now and that's what matters; previously many of our members (myself included) were busy with various things in our lives.

That's for the most part over- and now we can focus a bit more on this project.
Damfoos
There WILL be news. If you ever watched The_Hunter's streams you'll notice some things were made and imlplemented, but weren't showcased in news updates. Right now the work is actively going on, so if you want to know if the mod development still active or not - yes, it is.
The_Hunter
Everything that needs to be said has been said.

Just bare with us a little longer, stuff is coming up soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.