Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ROTR 1.87 Update 5
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
Pages: 1, 2
The_Hunter
Hello again!
Didn't think we'd be back so soon would you?
With our updates being rather far and in between we figured we'd let you all enjoy 2 updates this week.
So without further ado, enjoy our second update of this week!

This structure, available after a War Factory or Airfield has been constructed, serves as a command and support center for unmanned ground and air vehicles. Staffed by technicians and other support crew, the facility allows for high-level maintenance and tech support for all drones. The communications equipment at the center is capable of broadcasting general orders to the decision-making software of unmanned combat vehicles, allowing them to shift to and from defensive and offensive postures should the situation call for it. A number of drone related upgrades have also been relocated to this facility. In summary, this structure is a necessity for any American field commander wishing to make full use of their drone arsenal.

And once again, some cool screenshots to show you some of the new stuff:

Here is a screenshot of the new Drone Control Center in-game which presently has 3 unique Drone Protocols.
Similar to the Strategy Center Battle Plans, you can always activate one of these at any given time. However, unlike the Strategy Center, these Protocols only confer special effects to drone units, and do not affect the Drone Control Center itself. Also, like the Strategy Center, air units will not be affected by these protocols; Hunter Killers and WASP Hive Drones will not receive any bonuses from these protocols. They along with all drones will receive auto-repairs from the Drone Center however, which has been added to this building and removed from the Advanced Drone Warfare upgrade.

In future versions of ROTR, the Drone Assembly Plant will be removed and drones are instead built from the War Factory via a simple production switch.
This way you can set your War Factory to either produce drones or standard vehicles for ease of operation.

And a friendly reminder that this upcoming Sunday, we will be doing another official live stream of the internal beta, which we haven't done since April earlier this year.
The stream will as usually be hosted by Hecthor Doomhammer on his channel: https://www.twitch.tv/pauljongejans

Countdown until the stream starts

Emin96
Awesome update for USA is finally releaved biggrin.gif
Drone Control Center and new protocol is pretty cool stuff
biggrin.gif
X1Destroy
Are the plans the same as those from the strategy center?

Looks like the last one isn't about range.
{Lads}RikerZZZ
So far the most unintentionally game breaking thing thats been added, and i love every second of it biggrin.gif
Sergeant Freedom
two questions:

1. if this building is destroyed will all drones cease functioning?
2. do the bonuses stack up with those from the strategy center?
{Lads}RikerZZZ
QUOTE (Sergeant Freedom @ 11 Sep 2016, 1:12) *
two questions:

1. if this building is destroyed will all drones cease functioning?
2. do the bonuses stack up with those from the strategy center?

1) No, it behaves exactly like the strat center does with normal units. If you swap battleplans your units will go em for a second and move over to the new plan.
The battle plans also do not effect Hk's and Predator drones.

2) No, they only effect drone units.
Sergeant Freedom
QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 11 Sep 2016, 1:28) *
1) No, it behaves exactly like the strat center does with normal units. If you swap battleplans your units will go em for a second and move over to the new plan.
The battle plans also do not effect Hk's and Predator drones.

2) No, they only effect drone units.

so the strategy center no longer affects drones?
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Sergeant Freedom @ 11 Sep 2016, 1:41) *

It never affected them to begin with smile.gif
Sergeant Freedom
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 11 Sep 2016, 1:06) *
It never affected them to begin with smile.gif

seriously?

Shiro
QUOTE (Sergeant Freedom @ 11 Sep 2016, 1:41) *

It never did.
{Lads}RikerZZZ
Yes. If you ever want to test it out just change battleplan when you have some drone units. Watch how they don't shutdown and reactivate like every other unit does.
Nemanja
Never been huge fan of USAs faction, but I like way ROTRs USA is shaping itself smile.gif
Kazan
you guys are great when it comes to modelling! much appreciated!
IntoTheRain
Is this replacing the Detention Camp?

Seems like the easiest way to integrate it into the USA tech tree while making drones more valuable.
Maelstrom
QUOTE (IntoTheRain @ 11 Sep 2016, 23:39) *

Nope. It's an alternative way to go to Tier 1
You can build either this or detention camp. Benefits are different. Choose wisely wink.gif
Skitt
QUOTE (IntoTheRain @ 11 Sep 2016, 22:39) *

Seems like the easiest way to integrate it into the USA tech tree while making drones more valuable.

no you still have the detention camp.
ZunZero97
Now i like more the USA faction, its an amazing work!
Congratulations.
M01
So while the ECA has two options to which vehicle production facility they would like to choose
USA get's two options which T1 upgrades they would like to prioritize first?

EDIT:
It was mentioned that it will function like a strategy center does it have some animations like the strategy center changing protocols?? (bombardment->cannon)
Skitt
QUOTE (M01 @ 12 Sep 2016, 7:17) *
So while the ECA has two options to which vehicle production facility they would like to choose
USA get's two options which T1 upgrades they would like to prioritize first?

EDIT:
It was mentioned that it will function like a strategy center does it have some animations like the strategy center changing protocols?? (bombardment->cannon)

yes to the first

no to the second. no structure change for what drone prot u pick except for the color on the beacon on top.
Arc
Will there be an obvious indicator when battleplan changes? No, BOMBARDMENT! whenever you turn it on?
3rdShockArmy
Updates look outstanding!!! Way to go, team. smile.gif
I've watched the stream. Damn, it's so hard to play 1.86 (which is already great) when you see even a glimpse of the 7.
New Boris logic looks great, I'm crazy when I see the new Golem, the Yanks are gettin' great logistics capabilities...
If this patch is so awesome, I can't even begin to imagine the 2.0.
BTW, is it just me or the Yanks are gettin' Patriot instead of Chaparral? And is the Eurofighter really interceptable now? If yes, that's great. I was seriously about to write the next Air war in Europe part in which a few Eurofighters are.
M01
QUOTE (Skitt @ 12 Sep 2016, 16:21) *
no to the second. no structure change for what drone prot u pick except for the color on the beacon on top.

that still counts so yes? mindfuck.gif
Hecthor Doomhammer
QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 12 Sep 2016, 12:10) *
BTW, is it just me or the Yanks are gettin' Patriot instead of Chaparral?

Indeed, the Chaperal is gone in 1.87 and is replaced by the Patriot
Sergeant Freedom
QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 12 Sep 2016, 13:54) *
Indeed, the Chaperal is gone in 1.87 and is replaced by the Patriot

Does it have the ability to intercept ballistic missiles like the patriot in real life?
X1Destroy
What? No more Chapparal? Why?
3rdShockArmy
Thanks, Doomy.
Why would anyone be against this change? Patriot is definitely an upgrade to Chapparal, at least visual one, if not even gameplay one, considering that the Patriot is better. Plus, it's an iconic Generals unit, so I think this is a good way to bring it back, while still keeping the Protector as stationary base defense.
X1Destroy
I never liked the Patriot turret before The Chapparal is a modernized coldwar relic, it is awesome and not overused.

But mostly because I've been using it everytime I play as USA since 1.5. I expected it to have a new model like the Paladin, not this.
3rdShockArmy
I agree that Chapparal looks good and all, it's a unique AAA concept for the Yanks (I believe it's not used in other mods), but Patriot might be superior in range. Maybe the Devs made a tradeoff - now, American T2 AA is not mobile while firing, but has longer range. Or, it might just be purely cosmetical.
X1Destroy
If it have to deploy to fire then it is not a good idea IMO. The Chapparal was supposed to be exclusive to Tank Command. It's just not right, because his gameplay is Armor Cavalry and the and not the Russian slow as hell style.

Or, the plan is changed and the Patriot will be used by other generals and the Chapparal will come back in 2.0.
Sergeant Freedom
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 12 Sep 2016, 19:55) *
Or, the plan is changed and the Patriot will be used by other generals and the Chapparal will come back in 2.0.

Probably this.
MARS
The Patriot functions the same way as the Chaparral and the latter is not going to make a comeback.
Sergeant Freedom
QUOTE (MARS @ 12 Sep 2016, 20:38) *
The Patriot functions the same way as the Chaparral and the latter is not going to make a comeback.

So it is simply a visual change after all.

While we are on the subject is there any word on what the other US general's t2 AA be?
X1Destroy
QUOTE (MARS @ 12 Sep 2016, 19:38) *

2 bad news in a row. How sad.

RIP artillery barrage, RIP Chaparral.

But at least combat chinook is back. And new call in transport ability is awesome.
Shiro
QUOTE (Sergeant Freedom @ 12 Sep 2016, 20:41) *
So it is simply a visual change after all.

While we are on the subject is there any word on what the other US general's t2 AA be?

Yes, the Cyclops, as has been said some time ago. The Patriot comes in addition to that for General Bradley as one his special units, the other Generals don't get anything else.
Sergeant Freedom
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 12 Sep 2016, 19:50) *
Yes, the Cyclops, as has been said some time ago. The Patriot comes in addition to that for General Bradley as one his special units, the other Generals don't get anything else.

So Bradley will not have the cyclops?
Maelstrom
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 12 Sep 2016, 20:50) *
The Patriot comes in addition to that for General Bradley as one his special units, the other Generals don't get anything else.

Read again smile.gif
ZunZero97
QUOTE (Sergeant Freedom @ 12 Sep 2016, 15:16) *
So Bradley will not have the cyclops?

Bradley will have Chaparral.
I would like all models are in the game. rolleyes.gif
{Lads}RikerZZZ
QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 13 Sep 2016, 1:51) *
Bradley will have Chaparral.
I would like all models are in the game. rolleyes.gif

No, he has the Patriot now. (its pretty much the same thing in use)
GeneralCamo
The Chaparral has been replaced as it looks strange having an ancient cold-war relic driving next to your M1A4 Paladin Tanks. The Patriot by comparison looks much sleeker and more modern than the old Chaparral.

X1Destroy
But the patriot is just so damn generic looking. And it being a coldwar relic doesn't matter because the ancenstor of the paladin is also the exact samething. It would be beter for it to have the same treatment as the Paladin, better model, new generation vehicle but still look similar to the old one and use the same name.
{Lads}RikerZZZ
Its gone, get over it
GeneralCamo
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 12 Sep 2016, 23:20) *
But the patriot is just so damn generic looking.

It hasn't even been shown publicly at this point, how do you know?
Maelstrom
QUOTE (GeneralCamo @ 13 Sep 2016, 5:31) *
It hasn't even been shown publicly at this point, how do you know?

The Hunter streamed while modelling it smile.gif
Rohan
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 13 Sep 2016, 0:55) *
Read again smile.gif

So the Tier two Anti Air for the other two USA generals is a building ?
The_Hunter
Stop the fishing guys.
Die Hindenburg
The steam was good but the eCA mirror was a bit to filled with wasted potential like the procolos.
Doomhammer was overflooded by hellions though..._..
The patriot has 8 wheels but no tracks??? rolleyes.gif
Zion
Can someone please remake those icons for the drone strats?

imo they look like rotr 1.0..

get rid of the 90s matrix backgrounds, and as much as i like that boss doomhammer, I feel like those icons are straight from age of empires

my opinion.. I think some people could agree
Rohan
QUOTE (Zion @ 15 Sep 2016, 20:40) *
Can someone please remake those icons for the drone strats?

get rid of the 90s matrix backgrounds, and as much as i like that boss doomhammer, I feel like those icons are straight from age of empires

Agreed, those icons look ancient. duh_worm.gif
GeneralCamo
QUOTE (Zion @ 15 Sep 2016, 11:10) *

Have you even played RotR 1.0? Most of the cameos made during that time still exist in-game today, so that would be a good thing for consistency.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Zion @ 15 Sep 2016, 17:10) *

Sure princess let met get right to that.
If you're going to bother criticising someones work (I make 99% of the icons in the mod) and can't muster the decency to point out examples or give proper feed back then your "Criticism" has no inherit value at all.

QUOTE (Rohan @ 15 Sep 2016, 18:25) *
Agreed, those icons look ancient. duh_worm.gif
rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.