Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Locomotors
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
ComradeGeneral
So I was looking to give demo jarmen kell a rocket launcher and everything works except one thing. The missile doesn't retain its height when passing over terrain, meaning it impacts the ground on the slightest uphill slope. What part of a locomotor sets the height of the missile while airborne?
Also, the missile is shot out of his feet it looks like, which doesn't help the 'hitting the ground' stuff either. Is there a way to raise that?
Zeke
QUOTE (ComradeGeneral @ 4 Oct 2016, 6:41) *
So I was looking to give demo jarmen kell a rocket launcher and everything works except one thing. The missile doesn't retain its height when passing over terrain, meaning it impacts the ground on the slightest uphill slope. What part of a locomotor sets the height of the missile while airborne?
Also, the missile is shot out of his feet it looks like, which doesn't help the 'hitting the ground' stuff either. Is there a way to raise that?

You need to define a "WeaponLaunchBone" in Jarmen's codes (check any unit that uses projectiles and you'll see what I mean). Also, check the missile object's MissileAIUpdate, some missile's have long "DistanceToTravelBeforeTurning" values which force them to turn late hitting the terrain in the process. This is one of the reasons why tank hunters often blow up their own bunkers in ZH.
ComradeGeneral
QUOTE (Zeke @ 3 Oct 2016, 22:44) *
You need to define a "WeaponLaunchBone" in Jarmen's codes (check any unit that uses projectiles and you'll see what I mean). Also, check the missile object's MissileAIUpdate, some missile's have long "DistanceToTravelBeforeTurning" values which force them to turn late hitting the terrain in the process. This is one of the reasons why tank hunters often blow up their own bunkers in ZH.

Ah crap I had feared something like that. Bones and stuff. Same reason why modifying a unit to be a transport, sticking troops in it, and the shots all seem to come from the center of the model. Some 'FIREPORT' bone I think. Need to experiment with the missile update some more too, since I'm bad.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.