Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Russian SAM - Grumble
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
Storm
In real life, my Country India, recently launched and inducted our very own 4th Gen aircraft "HAL TEJAS" into IAF & Indian Navy. Also India acquired 36 Dassault Rafales and is eyeing Martin Lockheed's F16 Block 70 or Saab's Gripen under the 'make in india' initiative started by our PM. India signed a pact with Russia yesterday worth almost US $10.5 Billion for various technologies including the acquisition of S-400s.

ROTR Mod (or the original ZH) being a enactment of real life weaponry, my question is whether this S-400 SAM = Grumble, depicted in this game? News say S-400 is called: "triumf". So this not only confused me but made me quite inquisitive.

Moreover, hope you include India in ROTR at some point because the third largest (defensive & offensive) power in the world is India and not Europe. Just my two cents.
Mizo
Except ROTR is not based on the real world but it branches off from the ZH lore and expands it further , through an alternatice timeline. At this points then, any argument about RL references is completely invalid. This does mean that we will never include India or the likes. They already play a different role in the lore outside of being an independant faction on its own.

Also, there is a reason why European Continental Alliance is so focused on defensive gameplay rather than Real life reference. It's to accomidate the lore, since they were devestated by the wide GLA insurgency, and have reached a conclusion to put heavier emphasis on defensive operations to prevent the enemy from entering their borders.

Things are not defined as "my country is strong in X and Y please add!!!" . Also no suggestions allowed.

As for the Grumble, it houses S300 Missiles.
Storm
QUOTE (Mizo @ 16 Oct 2016, 9:58) *
Except ROTR is not based on the real world but it branches off from the ZH lore and expands it further , through an alternatice timeline. At this points then, any argument about RL references is completely invalid. This does mean that we will never include India or the likes. They already play a different role in the lore outside of being an independant faction on its own.

Also, there is a reason why European Continental Alliance is so focused on defensive gameplay rather than Real life reference. It's to accomidate the lore, since they were devestated by the wide GLA insurgency, and have reached a conclusion to put heavier emphasis on defensive operations to prevent the enemy from entering their borders.

Things are not defined as "my country is strong in X and Y please add!!!".

Ok. I understand!
Also no suggestions allowed

It was not a suggestion as I well know, you people do not entertain them. It was more of a pointer or my viewpoint and I only 'hope' you include India in future versions (if any).

As for the Grumble, it houses S300 Missiles.

Many thanks for the prompt clarification.
ZunZero97
ROTR weapons takes some things but today the story is different, do you think the GLA insurgents have enough money to make a Global Liberation Army?
rey
QUOTE (Storm @ 16 Oct 2016, 7:11) *
ROTR Mod (or the original ZH) being a enactment of real life weaponry, my question is whether this S-400 SAM = Grumble, depicted in this game? News say S-400 is called: "triumf". So this not only confused me but made me quite inquisitive.

just to add little more info: S-400 indeed has a name "Triumf", and RotR has S-300 by the name "Favorite"(nato nick "Grumble").
ZunZero97
QUOTE (rey @ 16 Oct 2016, 5:13) *
just to add little more info: S-400 indeed has a name "Triumf", and RotR has S-300 by the name "Favorite"(nato nick "Grumble").

Grumble Heavy AA of Russia and that is all.
(USA)Bruce
Now theres a certain point after in real life that ROTR's history starts and real life history doesnt effect the overall lore.Hence Brexit is not felt even if people keep asking us to remove the UK from ECA.

India is currently a part of the bangalore pact in ROTR's universe and they are too busy cleaning up pakistan (Which is their dear ally, and I know as an indian this might trigger you) Alongside fixing the beucratic red tape in Indias state system to push for more economic reforms.

You are right that India has done alot of purchases, like in real life they are a gret customer for americas state of the art anti-submarine weapons.They seeked to join the f-35 program too but they still feel that their investment in the PAKFA project.What Im trying to say is that to begin with most superpowers have their own capability to produce weapons from a smallest bolt to the biggest of cannons.
Anyways real life aside India has one of the coolest weapons thats no longer in the game; The sent tank, but the old ROTR 1.0 version of it...
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/genera...=20140618143613 This baby the exported version of it.

Also you can assume that the s-400's exist like the king raptor in the lore, but like the king raptor its produced in smaller numbers and would probably be used in homeland defence.
S-300 is both more iconic and has around 3000 units built while the S-400's just barely over 150.

I can understand you wanting to see India in the game, hell Im lucky my country was in the base game (USA). But I can tell you personally; I was busy writing for the 6th faction (that wont be added but is a superpower) The South American Pact, Its still hard to come up with a unique concept that doesnt borrow too many concepts from other factions.
Disclaimer:Im not saying if you come up with the most brilliant ideas thats also possible in the sage engine in a unqiue way, that we will add it in.

Theres five factions planned and possible a "sixth" if you assume the millitia faction is an acutal faction but I dont think they'll expand it beyond some really good units and maybe map props.
Shiro
QUOTE (Storm @ 16 Oct 2016, 6:35) *
It was not a suggestion as I well know, you people do not entertain them. It was more of a pointer or my viewpoint and I only 'hope' you include India in future versions (if any).

Then tell us how an Indian faction would PLAY. What are they about, what are their strengths and weaknesses, what are their unique tactics and powers. Just saying "I hope you add [X]" like a million people before you and probably another million after doesn't cut it.
Storm
Thanks for all the replies from everyone. My response is delayed because was enjoying the holiday yesterday with family, away from Computers & Phone and I've been busy with work today.

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 16 Oct 2016, 14:20) *
You are right that India has done alot of purchases, like in real life they are a gret customer for americas state of the art anti-submarine weapons.They seeked to join the f-35 program too but they still feel that their investment in the PAKFA project.What Im trying to say is that to begin with most superpowers have their own capability to produce weapons from a smallest bolt to the biggest of cannons.

Hence, the "Make In India" initiative by our PM. Read about the 'Progress' in the last excerpt of the below mentioned page:
http://www.makeinindia.com/about

Also, the PAK FGFA deal for India is more likely to get signed in the later part of December this year with Russia (for another US $5 Billion) as per our government's news media.

Also you can assume that the s-400's exist like the king raptor in the lore, but like the king raptor its produced in smaller numbers and would probably be used in homeland defence.
S-300 is both more iconic and has around 3000 units built while the S-400's just barely over 150.

I do agree with this in terms of gameplay. It is only because, in real life, the S-400 is a deadly potent weapon with its missiles travelling speed at 17000 Km/h and engage 40 simultaneous targets at once. Russia follows a policy as to whom it would export this weapon. Only specific chosen countries have the privilege to apply for this weapon, provided they have the money to buy it!
I can understand you wanting to see India in the game, hell Im lucky my country was in the base game (USA). But I can tell you personally; I was busy writing for the 6th faction (that wont be added but is a superpower) The South American Pact, Its still hard to come up with a unique concept that doesnt borrow too many concepts from other factions.
Disclaimer:Im not saying if you come up with the most brilliant ideas thats also possible in the sage engine in a unqiue way, that we will add it in.

Theres five factions planned and possible a "sixth" if you assume the millitia faction is an acutal faction but I dont think they'll expand it beyond some really good units and maybe map props.

It is okay smile.gif I've tons of ideas, suggestions, thoughts, etc., but the only thing that I don't have or can't promise is, time.
Storm
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 16 Oct 2016, 17:33) *
Then tell us how an Indian faction would PLAY. What are they about, what are their strengths and weaknesses, what are their unique tactics and powers. Just saying "I hope you add [X]" like a million people before you and probably another million after doesn't cut it.

Well, you are concerned and stand correct in your place. As I said, the only thing that keeps me away and back from involving into any live projects (to my liking), is the lack of time at my end!

Whatever time I get, I use to be together with family, watching motorsports and playing games smile.gif Hence, I usually keep away from all the hate posts, bullying by the experienced programmers or testers, etc., because I know most of you here are still kids (no to anyone's offence) with some good knowledge about gaming platforms though and you are yet to see the world and might change your attitude towards others developing a different perspective. I'm back because I like the discussions here and I end up learning a thing or two about the game, every time I visit this forum. I never left. I was around but only watching and observing. I do believe in forget n' forgive smile.gif

Albeit, as per your request, if you give me some hint and a word that you will include India in future versions of ROTR, I might hire a couple of analysts to prepare and present the whole thing to you in a nice manner and perhaps even finance the project to my financial calibre.

Many thanks again.
Shiro
QUOTE (Storm @ 17 Oct 2016, 16:04) *
Well, you are concerned and stand correct in your place. As I said, the only thing that keeps me away and back from involving into any live projects (to my liking), is the lack of time at my end!

Whatever time I get, I use to be together with family, watching motorsports and playing games smile.gif Hence, I usually keep away from all the hate posts, bullying by the experienced programmers or testers, etc., because I know most of you here are still kids (no to anyone's offence) with some good knowledge about gaming platforms though and you are yet to see the world and might change your attitude towards others developing a different perspective. I'm back because I like the discussions here and I end up learning a thing or two about the game, every time I visit this forum. I never left. I was around but only watching and observing. I do believe in forget n' forgive smile.gif

Albeit, as per your request, if you give me some hint and a word that you will include India in future versions of ROTR, I might hire a couple of analysts to prepare and present the whole thing to you in a nice manner and perhaps even finance the project to my financial calibre.

Many thanks again.

What the hell are you even talking about? I gave you a perfectly reasonable question. Answer it or stop whining.
Storm
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 17 Oct 2016, 19:44) *
What the hell are you even talking about? I gave you a perfectly reasonable question. Answer it or stop whining.

Dude you need to learn the etiquette of using your language while replying to others. Not only for this forum but for your life too.
Shiro
Oh I'm so sorry for not being diplomatic to yet another person after the first million or so who said the exact same thing and I'm sick and tired of having to give the same answer because you people JUST. DON'T. GET. IT.
MARS
There are no, nor will there ever be, plans for an Indian faction in ROTR. The first thing you have to learn when it comes to discussing the ROTR universe is that present day real life preconceptions do not apply. This is due to the fact that the ROTR story considers itself a sequel to the original Generals/Zero Hour, which already had a completely unbelievable storyline involving hypercompetent crypto-Islamic terrorists that humiliate the US, destroy Europe and get defeated in Germany of all places by China. Any notion of geopolitical realism has thus fallen out of the window even before the actual ROTR story involving a resurgent Russia and a militaristic alliance of European states. As such, any notions of India having the potential to being a future great power in real life cannot be applied to the ROTR universe and you can only discuss it within the internal logic of this fictional setting, not 'because in real life'.

That said, we have accounted for India's role in this fictitious, fantastical world, which you can read up on here. The short version: Pakistan suffered massively during the war against the GLA and initiated a new peace and reconciliation process with India because the GLA was a massive threat to both of them. This resulted in the creation of a Bangalore Pact, a cooperation between Pakistan and India, wherein the two former rivals stood together in a mutual effort against the GLA, which led to the restoration of Pakistan's own territorial integrity, a peaceful resolution to the Kashmir conflict, as well as forming a bulwark of independent states against Chinese domination of South Asia. We also learn that much of the Indian military in the mid 2040s consists of imported hardware from Russia, including the famous Sentinel tank. Beyond that, both India and Pakistan are also members of the Commonwealth, which has become more important and connected during the collapse of the European Union after the events of Zero Hour, so much so that Indian and Pakistani volunteers came to the aid of Britain during WW3, as can be read here. All this considered, we can say that India in the ROTR setting is an important regional power, with a strong economy, and its most notable achievement is in the fact that it is now in a peaceful coexistence with Pakistan. However, it neither has the geostrategic need nor the political will to be a global superpower, so it cannot be placed in the top tier military category of this world alongside America, China, Russia and Europe which have interests and alliances that go far beyond their immediate 'neighbourhood'.

In gameplay terms, India will also not be added as a sixth faction because there is no distinct gameplay that an Indian faction could provide. The thing with designing factions is not 'this thing exists in real life, so we could add their military vehicles X, Y and Z to make them a faction'. The first thing you need when designing a faction is an answer to the question as to what it does for the player. What is their playstyle, what makes them unique, what are their special mechanics? It is only after you have nailed that down, that you can do the second step and ask 'okay, so what country/organisation would this faction represent, what makes sense in the setting, what gives you a distinct stylistic flavour? For ROTR, we already have five distinct faction styles covered and they represent the most powerful entities in this fictional world: High-tech Americans, defensive Europeans, steamrolling Russians, Chinese horde tactics and hypercompetent terrorists. There is no clear potential for a sixth faction that readily presents itself, so there is no potential for India, same as there is none for Japan, Korea, Israel, Persia or any of the other countries/local powers of the ROTR universe.
TimeBurner
Oke! oke! break it up break it up! TeeBee's here.

I dont have a meme,sorry
Mizo
I do find your statement towards us and the community as being kids mildly offensive due to the fact that each and everyone of us has their own issues and obligations to attend for aside from working on the mode. So please don't lump everyone in categories and assume that they have abundant free time due to them "not experiencing the world". It's great that you take your time to see your families but some of us don't even have the luxury to do so ( whether its distance or war ).

Anyways on to your India suggestion. It's not that adding another country is hard, but rather from a playstyle prespective it's really hard to represent a faction that plays a unique aspect into the game ( that's even possible to code with the SAGE Engine, something your analyst will probably not have a clue on how to work on it properly to assess the limitations on the ideas being brought).

Ideas and suggestions first need to be unique, meaning that they should not overlap. The next step is check their feasability within the SAGE engine, something that I am confident to say only The_Hunter is able to handle it to this amazing extent due to his decade and a half worth of experience within the engine. ( I dont even think the Original Devs can pull off what he does).

More so, factions are not designed around countries but rather RTS-genre defined playstyles.
1/ Spam
2/ Steamroll
3/ Hit n Run
4/ Defensive
5/ Jack of all Trades

Even those categories will be further expanded to 15 generals in 2.0, each with their own UNIQUE playstyle ( yep the generals all play out differently). Even then, there are generals that have very similar and overlapping playstyles with the only difference being the tools in hand ( and that's very few).

Now try to find a playstyle concept that will not overlap with the 5 main factions / 15 generals, that its mechanics still feasible and possible to implement as well as an original aesthetic design to make them look distinct from other units while maintaining a good contrast....
Pretty hard huh...
Storm
Oh I'm so sorry for not being diplomatic to yet another person after the first million or so who said the exact same thing and I'm sick and tired of having to give the same answer because you people JUST. DON'T. GET. IT.

QUOTE (Storm @ 16 Oct 2016, 10:05) *

Oh, did I not make it clear in the first place? If it doesn't cut it, it is your problem. Not mine. You came up with the question directed to me and if you read my reply well, you will also find an answer to its context very precisely.

"Albeit, as per your request, if you give me some hint and a word that you will include India in future versions of ROTR, I might hire a couple of analysts to prepare and present the whole thing to you in a nice manner and perhaps even finance the project to my financial calibre."

All you can think is that I'm whining. Its okay, you can have the last word and win the argument. I don't have any problem with that!
Storm
QUOTE (MARS @ 17 Oct 2016, 20:08) *
There are no, nor will there ever be, plans for an Indian faction in ROTR. The first thing you have to learn when it comes to discussing the ROTR universe is that present day real life preconceptions do not apply. This is due to the fact that the ROTR story considers itself a sequel to the original Generals/Zero Hour, which already had a completely unbelievable storyline involving hypercompetent crypto-Islamic terrorists that humiliate the US, destroy Europe and get defeated in Germany of all places by China. Any notion of geopolitical realism has thus fallen out of the window even before the actual ROTR story involving a resurgent Russia and a militaristic alliance of European states. As such, any notions of India having the potential to being a future great power in real life cannot be applied to the ROTR universe and you can only discuss it within the internal logic of this fictional setting, not 'because in real life'.

That said, we have accounted for India's role in this fictitious, fantastical world, which you can read up on here. The short version: Pakistan suffered massively during the war against the GLA and initiated a new peace and reconciliation process with India because the GLA was a massive threat to both of them. This resulted in the creation of a Bangalore Pact, a cooperation between Pakistan and India, wherein the two former rivals stood together in a mutual effort against the GLA, which led to the restoration of Pakistan's own territorial integrity, a peaceful resolution to the Kashmir conflict, as well as forming a bulwark of independent states against Chinese domination of South Asia. We also learn that much of the Indian military in the mid 2040s consists of imported hardware from Russia, including the famous Sentinel tank. Beyond that, both India and Pakistan are also members of the Commonwealth, which has become more important and connected during the collapse of the European Union after the events of Zero Hour, so much so that Indian and Pakistani volunteers came to the aid of Britain during WW3, as can be read here. All this considered, we can say that India in the ROTR setting is an important regional power, with a strong economy, and its most notable achievement is in the fact that it is now in a peaceful coexistence with Pakistan. However, it neither has the geostrategic need nor the political will to be a global superpower, so it cannot be placed in the top tier military category of this world alongside America, China, Russia and Europe which have interests and alliances that go far beyond their immediate 'neighbourhood'.

In gameplay terms, India will also not be added as a sixth faction because there is no distinct gameplay that an Indian faction could provide. The thing with designing factions is not 'this thing exists in real life, so we could add their military vehicles X, Y and Z to make them a faction'. The first thing you need when designing a faction is an answer to the question as to what it does for the player. What is their playstyle, what makes them unique, what are their special mechanics? It is only after you have nailed that down, that you can do the second step and ask 'okay, so what country/organisation would this faction represent, what makes sense in the setting, what gives you a distinct stylistic flavour? For ROTR, we already have five distinct faction styles covered and they represent the most powerful entities in this fictional world: High-tech Americans, defensive Europeans, steamrolling Russians, Chinese horde tactics and hypercompetent terrorists. There is no clear potential for a sixth faction that readily presents itself, so there is no potential for India, same as there is none for Japan, Korea, Israel, Persia or any of the other countries/local powers of the ROTR universe.

I understood and acknowledged (the whole thing that you said above) when Mizo first replied to my post. So basically this was redundant. I was only hoping. Its true that ROTR Devs do not take suggestions but does that mean the members are NOT allowed to hope and express their views in your forums?
Storm
I do find your statement towards us and the community as being kids mildly offensive due to the fact that each and everyone of us has their own issues and obligations to attend for aside from working on the mode. So please don't lump everyone in categories and assume that they have abundant free time due to them "not experiencing the world". It's great that you take your time to see your families but some of us don't even have the luxury to do so ( whether its distance or war ).

My apologies are extended and I did not mean to hurt anyone's sentiments.
Storm
QUOTE (Mizo @ 17 Oct 2016, 20:11) *
Anyways on to your India suggestion. It's not that adding another country is hard, but rather from a playstyle prespective it's really hard to represent a faction that plays a unique aspect into the game ( that's even possible to code with the SAGE Engine, something your analyst will probably not have a clue on how to work on it properly to assess the limitations on the ideas being brought).

Ideas and suggestions first need to be unique, meaning that they should not overlap. The next step is check their feasability within the SAGE engine, something that I am confident to say only The_Hunter is able to handle it to this amazing extent due to his decade and a half worth of experience within the engine. ( I dont even think the Original Devs can pull off what he does).

More so, factions are not designed around countries but rather RTS-genre defined playstyles.
1/ Spam
2/ Steamroll
3/ Hit n Run
4/ Defensive
5/ Jack of all Trades

Even those categories will be further expanded to 15 generals in 2.0, each with their own UNIQUE playstyle ( yep the generals all play out differently). Even then, there are generals that have very similar and overlapping playstyles with the only difference being the tools in hand ( and that's very few).

Now try to find a playstyle concept that will not overlap with the 5 main factions / 15 generals, that its mechanics still feasible and possible to implement as well as an original aesthetic design to make them look distinct from other units while maintaining a good contrast....
Pretty hard huh...

Again, thanks Mizo, for the insight about 2.0.

Moreover, you misunderstood me somewhere above. I was referring to hiring analysts to research the information on how India attacks its enemies on land, water & air. Not to compete with someone who have developed this game and/or mod! I've no reason as in why would I go about doing that smile.gif

Albeit, I'm happy to see Soraz changed the foul language he/she used in one of their posts directed to me. Thank you smile.gif
The_Hunter
QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 17 Oct 2016, 16:39) *
Oke! oke! break it up break it up! TeeBee's here.

I dont have a meme,sorry

If you do not have anything useful to say then don't say anything at al.
MARS
QUOTE (Storm @ 17 Oct 2016, 16:49) *
I understood and acknowledged (the whole thing that you said above) when Mizo first replied to my post. So basically this was redundant. I was only hoping. Its true that ROTR Devs do not take suggestions but does that mean the members are NOT allowed to hope and express their views in your forums?

People are allowed to express their hopes or speculate, but long term members are quick to point out the 'no suggestions' policy because we know, with over 10 years of experience in ZH modding
communities, that the line between 'I realise it will probably not be added but personally, I'd really love to see X in the game in such and such way' and 'can you please at X to the game?' is very blurry.
TimeBurner
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 18 Oct 2016, 1:39) *
If you do not have anything useful to say then don't say anything at al.

Okay,sorry. Just trying to break this off,before it get hostile. Didnt work :l
Graion Dilach
In any case, OP posted a suggestion, but decided to deny it straight then - just because he worded differently. I like how he calls SoraZ having foul language, while no straight insults were thrown in the topic - yay hypocrism. Dude, I can see you're a patriot of your country but drop your double standards and use your brain.
Emin96
QUOTE (Storm @ 16 Oct 2016, 6:11) *
In real life, my Country India, recently launched and inducted our very own 4th Gen aircraft "HAL TEJAS" into IAF & Indian Navy. Also India acquired 36 Dassault Rafales and is eyeing Martin Lockheed's F16 Block 70 or Saab's Gripen under the 'make in india' initiative started by our PM. India signed a pact with Russia yesterday worth almost US $10.5 Billion for various technologies including the acquisition of S-400s.

Moreover, hope you include India in ROTR at some point because the third largest (defensive & offensive) power in the world is India and not Europe. Just my two cents.

Its late to answer but you should read the rules before commenting something it will just take 5 min to read it
In that way you do not create confusion with developers and other members.
Its was told many times no SUGGESTION.
Mizo
QUOTE (Emin96 @ 17 Oct 2016, 21:09) *
Its late to answer but you should read the rules before commenting something it will just take 5 min to read it
In that way you do not create confusion with developers and other members.
Its was told many times no SUGGESTION.

I think we made that point clear enough, and at this point you're just beating a dead horse biggrin.gif
{Lads}RikerZZZ
We could always add India as a joke faction in the world builder like the Militia.
Give them special telicom towers that get stupid amounts of money, and give them an ability to emp enemy buildings through spam calling the people inside.

Better yet, we could give them bio fuel generators, and you could write a whole lore section based on how the POO IN LOO was actually a military plant to gather fuel.

Also, we can give them all the stupid ultra realistic units (that would all get fucking obliterated in 2 seconds by rotrs super sci-fi tech anyway) so that everybody wins!

───█───▄▀█▀▀█▀▄▄───▐█──────▄▀█▀▀█▀▄▄
──█───▀─▐▌──▐▌─▀▀──▐█─────▀─▐▌──▐▌─█▀
─▐▌──────▀▄▄▀──────▐█▄▄──────▀▄▄▀──▐▌
─█────────────────────▀█────────────█
▐█─────────────────────█▌───────────█
─█───────────────█▄───▄█────────────█
─▐▌───────────────▀███▀────────────▐▌
──█──────────▀▄───────────▄▀───────█
───█───────────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀────────█
Tobę
QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 18 Oct 2016, 8:21) *
We could always add India as a joke faction in the world builder like the Militia.
Give them special telicom towers that get stupid amounts of money, and give them an ability to emp enemy buildings through spam calling the people inside.

Better yet, we could give them bio fuel generators, and you could write a whole lore section based on how the POO IN LOO was actually a military plant to gather fuel.

Also, we can give them all the stupid ultra realistic units (that would all get fucking obliterated in 2 seconds by rotrs super sci-fi tech anyway) so that everybody wins!

───█───▄▀█▀▀█▀▄▄───▐█──────▄▀█▀▀█▀▄▄
──█───▀─▐▌──▐▌─▀▀──▐█─────▀─▐▌──▐▌─█▀
─▐▌──────▀▄▄▀──────▐█▄▄──────▀▄▄▀──▐▌
─█────────────────────▀█────────────█
─█───────────────█▄───▄█────────────█
─▐▌───────────────▀███▀────────────▐▌
──█──────────▀▄───────────▄▀───────█
───█───────────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀────────█

Holy crap Riker, you're truly the meme master.
Teebee, you should learn from best.
Rohan
QUOTE (Mizo @ 17 Oct 2016, 20:11) *
1/ Spam
2/ Steamroll
3/ Hit n Run
4/ Defensive
5/ Jack of all Trades

Two questions regarding this :-

1) Are those five play styles the only ones in an RTS or are there more playstyles ? Is there a guide out there which explains these playstyles in depth ?

2) By Jack of all trades, do you mean that USA can do 1, 2, 3 and 4 to an extent ?
Storm
QUOTE (Rohan @ 18 Oct 2016, 10:39) *
1) Are those five play styles the only ones in an RTS or are there more playstyles ? Is there a guide out there which explains these playstyles in depth ?

AFAIK, there are more playstyles for RTS gaming. It is just that ROTR and/or the vanilla ZH have those incorporated!
{Lads}RikerZZZ
QUOTE (Rohan @ 18 Oct 2016, 7:09) *
Two questions regarding this :-

2) By Jack of all trades, do you mean that USA can do 1, 2, 3 and 4 to an extent ?

There are not really any play styles that haven't been covered with the specific generals play styles.
Not that I can think of anyway.

As for USA, they can, yeah, but that doesn't mean they can do that well per say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.