Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member with stupid questions.
SWR Productions Forum > Community > General Chat
Ambition
Greetings. Just joined and got myself in the discord. I could get into my history with CnC but no one cares.

Shockwave and (to a lesser degree) Rise of the Reds brought me here. I'm more for Shockwave though because...have you played it? That answers that question! I lost my desktop in a natural disaster (they tend to happen...naturally), so there goes me doing anything fun for the time being. My replacement laptop ain't that bad but it's pretty bad.

"What stupid questions did you want to annoy us with before we ban you for trolling?"

Can anyone link me to an overview of both mods? I can't play Generals myself due to what is essentially a toaster with a CPU, and I can't find a legitimate "wiki" for either Shockwave OR Reds. You know how the core game has a wiki that explains stuff? Yeah, that. Especially given the 100+ new units in Shockwave. I did try asking this youtuber for a low-down on all the generals new and old (since old ones got changes), but he wasn't helpful at all. So, that's my stupid question. Asking for information that I likely overlooked when I first found out about the mods.

At least point me in the right direction before banning me? Thanks.
Shiro
We don't have a Wiki for ShW ATM and the ROTR Wikia is full of crap, as expected. We had something called the Data Bunker that was hosted on Fallout (another forum where we were hosted first) but that forum and said Data Bunker are deader than disco. There was some talk to get a server-hosted Wiki up and running, but nothing concrete just yet.

Also, we don't ban people unless they deserve it, so if you are civil, you should be just fine.

Generally said, ShW is basicly ZH+, with lots of new stuff that mostly does the same but in a more appropriate fashion for the various Generals (the big changes come with the 3 new Generals, who play somewhat differently than usual). ROTR on the other hand focuses more on a faction's core gameplay and expands on that, while adding some nice things around it, but also changes the gameplay somewhat and introduces many new mechanics that aren't seen in ZH. Your best bet for help is politely asking questions and waiting for answers, as well as joining the chats and learning from the people there.

Lastly, welcome aboard, follow the rules and have fun.
Storm
QUOTE (Ambition @ 26 Oct 2016, 2:04) *
Greetings. Just joined and got myself in the discord. I could get into my history with CnC but no one cares.

Shockwave and (to a lesser degree) Rise of the Reds brought me here. I'm more for Shockwave though because...have you played it? That answers that question! I lost my desktop in a natural disaster (they tend to happen...naturally), so there goes me doing anything fun for the time being. My replacement laptop ain't that bad but it's pretty bad.

"What stupid questions did you want to annoy us with before we ban you for trolling?"

Can anyone link me to an overview of both mods? I can't play Generals myself due to what is essentially a toaster with a CPU, and I can't find a legitimate "wiki" for either Shockwave OR Reds. You know how the core game has a wiki that explains stuff? Yeah, that. Especially given the 100+ new units in Shockwave. I did try asking this youtuber for a low-down on all the generals new and old (since old ones got changes), but he wasn't helpful at all. So, that's my stupid question. Asking for information that I likely overlooked when I first found out about the mods.

At least point me in the right direction before banning me? Thanks.

Shoot the questions. No idea about everyone but there are some very good people who would go out of their ways to help. I'll also help if I see your posts flowing in, that is when I'm online.
Zeke
ModDB is your best bet:
- ShockWave
- Rise of the Reds
TimeBurner
If you wanna talk about the game or have any specific question,you can also join the skype chat.
Storm
QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 26 Oct 2016, 11:02) *
If you wanna talk about the game or have any specific question,you can also join the skype chat.

Hey teebee. what is the address of this group chat? Seems like I'll need to signup on Skype just for this laugh.gif
TimeBurner
QUOTE (Storm @ 26 Oct 2016, 23:03) *
Hey teebee. what is the address of this group chat? Seems like I'll need to signup on Skype just for this laugh.gif

First,add 'raptorlovingbruce' Not sure if I spelled that correctly. He will add you to the chat.
Skitt
raptor_loving_bruce
or myself
sylergcs

we will give u the rules doc to read over and agree to first if you wish to join the skype chat

there is also the discord chat, link to join that is in my sig
Storm
QUOTE (Skitt @ 26 Oct 2016, 21:22) *
raptor_loving_bruce
or myself
sylergcs

we will give u the rules doc to read over and agree to first if you wish to join the skype chat

there is also the discord chat, link to join that is in my sig

thanks buddy.

However, one small question: I'll be using Skype for the first time and so in the system requirements for installing Skype, it is mentioned that you require Speakers & Microphone. And I don't have a microphone on my desktop. Would this matter and be something of a problem?
Skitt
both optional, only needed if you are gonna do voice and video calls.
perfectly fine to install and use without either.
Ambition
Pretty nice welcome so far. I'll likely be banned before I can get any reputation around here, so let me thank everyone in advance and make sure to join the group chats and ask my questions. I sent an add request to a couple of the skype users so if you get a random add, it's likely me.
Storm
I'll likely be banned before I can get any reputation around here

Be positive man. Pessimism wouldn't help you get anywhere. Just my two cents.

Besides, thanks again, Skitt!
TimeBurner
QUOTE (Ambition @ 27 Oct 2016, 3:42) *
Pretty nice welcome so far. I'll likely be banned before I can get any reputation around here, so let me thank everyone in advance and make sure to join the group chats and ask my questions. I sent an add request to a couple of the skype users so if you get a random add, it's likely me.

Nah,as long as youre not doing shit stuff like me,youre fine.
Tobę
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 26 Oct 2016, 8:09) *
Lastly, welcome aboard, follow the rules and have fun.

Special mention to the rule of No Suggestions

Some people forget it wink.gif

QUOTE (Storm @ 27 Oct 2016, 5:00) *
Be positive man. Pessimism wouldn't help you get anywhere. Just my two cents.

Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
(If anyone gets this, you're amazing.)

See you around!
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Tobę @ 27 Oct 2016, 10:38) *
Special mention to the rule of No Suggestions

Some people forget it wink.gif

Thats because its not a forum rule and only a general rule of the ROTR forums and ROTR related topics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.