Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do i use planes?
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
Jet02
Xattus? Bruce? Anyone?
{Lads}RikerZZZ
Put them on individual hotkeys, target an enemy unit, watch the fireworks
M.P
Or pick ECA and spam harriers and micro them, 100% guaranteed the opponent will find some mental problems after the game.
ZunZero97
1-Select airfield,
2-Click in any aircraft do you want.
3-Wait until the production of the aircraft is succesful.
4-Click in the aircraft.
5-Click in the enemy what do you need to attack and watch
6-Airplanes will go to the airfield after the bombing run is succesful, this is normal, just wait its payload is complete.
7-Repeat 1 to 5.
(USA)Bruce
What faction? If your china or russia, you need the same amount of jets to kill anything that isnt a superheavy tank...Two for antiair and one for light targets and collectors.(aside from workers and ospreys need two payloads)
Jet02
QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 Nov 2016, 18:13) *
1-Select airfield,
2-Click in any aircraft do you want.
3-Wait until the production of the aircraft is succesful.
4-Click in the aircraft.
5-Click in the enemy what do you need to attack and watch
6-Airplanes will go to the airfield after the bombing run is succesful, this is normal, just wait its payload is complete.
7-Repeat 1 to 5.

Ahem...was that meant as a joke? Everyone knows how to control planes lol i'm asking about ze tactics.

About Harriers... Mizo some help please?
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Jet02 @ 30 Nov 2016, 7:01) *
Ahem...was that meant as a joke? Everyone knows how to control planes lol i'm asking about ze tactics.

About Harriers... Mizo some help please?

Don't bother answering ZunZero, he's a troll.
For Harriers, it's quite tricky, since they don't do an U-turn when releasing their payload. They require a bit more micro.
First, send your harrier(s) to the target you want.
If the area has Light AA, think about triggering Chaff just before they are in range. If there is Tier2 AA, don't go.
Once it has released their payload, quickly order them to go back, to avoid most of AA fire.
Jet02
@maelstrom

A million thanks bud. Always wondered why harriers were so ineffective at base rushing XD.

What if it's this....

Fighter*cough*
Has vulcan cannon*cough cough*, 6 missiles, missiles have long reload time, require time to lock on

And yes, it's my humble, potentially op version of the raptor. #no internet fight intended

P/s i see you're part of a dev team. What mod are you making?
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Jet02 @ 30 Nov 2016, 11:14) *
P/s i see you're part of a dev team. What mod are you making?

I'm a voice actor for Rise of the Reds, ShockWave, and other projects. If you are interested, I upload my work occasionally on my Soundcloud profile (link in signature).
M.P
http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.ph...st&p=127186

Take a look at this. (Comrade M.P is me)

Also, Controlling Harriers in Multiplayer is a bit tricker as there's some delay and lag, which for myself it makes it easier to controll em. As long as you can get the timing correct, You can get on your opponents nerves with minimum loses. Harriers are the deadliest jets in the game due to their high range, speed, armor and survivability. In right hands, they're no joke.
Hanfield
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 30 Nov 2016, 11:12) *
If the area has Light AA, think about triggering Chaff just before they are in range. If there is Tier2 AA, don't go.

Chaff doesn't make them untargetable, it simply deflects missiles sent at it

Harrier's main power lies in exploiting the highest fixed-wing range in the game to avoid getting into T0 AA range.
Zion
This is all off the top of my head so if I said something wrong, feel free to correct me

raptor:
Unupgraded raptors

one raptor kills basic tanks, like scopion,battlemaster,bmp, leopard(i think), and pretty much all infanty transport except grizzly
kills all helicoptors except hinds
kills all fighters except harriers
kills all artillery except msta
kils china dragon tank, toxin tank, tesla tank.
kills dosers
kills all scouts
kills standing single infantry, except heros

two raptors kill most t0,t1, anti air, like quadcannon,avenger,jepard,tunguska,gattlingtank
they also kill all exceptions I made above
kills all t2 aa
kills russian recovery thing
kills eca doublebarrel tank
kill muraduers
kill usa microwave and crusader

Three raptors
kill heavys like russian kodiak
kill pretty much everything, except for super heavy tanks like overlords and sentinals
can kill a barraks or power

four raptors
I think they kill sentinals and overlords, why i say I think.. is cuz i never use "un-upgraded raptors" vs them
kills usa or china airfield

you need like 200 raptors to kill one china ecm tank

Upgraded raptors
pretty much everything stays the same, except
I think quads die from one raptor I may be wrong
kodiaks now need only 2 raptors

overlords and sentinels for sure die from 4 raptors

now here is the fun part
2 raptors
kill power plants, barracks
3 raptors
kill supply centers I think
4 raptors kill structures like tech buildings, war factories
they DONT kill command centers, except gla command center
they dont kill eca solar reactor

When raptors rank up and are upgraded are like the most satisfying plane ever
one rank3 upgraded raptor
pretty much kills everything that 2 un-upgraded raptors can kill
like power plant, barracks, t0t1 aa and hinds and mstas

Migs

are similar to the above, but are weaker
and they dont kill any structures, I think 4 migs can kill power plant and barracks tho
like u need 3 to kill tunguska i think
defiantly need 3 to kill a kodiak

I think u need more than 4 migs to kill a sentinal, overlord i think u need 4

same thing they snipe all choppers like raptors do

Burkuts
one shot every flying jet in the game, and it can evade all jet missles if u maneuver it
oneshots all choppers, and if it doesnt, it will gun them down

Harriers range will be nerfed, thats why they are so OP atm
use flares AFTER you attack, because flares make the aa unit re-target, but if the harrier is closer to aa it will still die
they can takeout basic aa in 2 runs
3 for tunguska

use 2 harriers at same time for best performance, if you have more, try to use them in groups of 2s, more than 2 are hard to control, and you will most likely loose the third one, or fourth

Hotkey your air units, and use them with your main army to take out key units, like china dragon tanks, usa microwave before you attack
use jets vs a chopper player
I use migs and raptors to scout enemy bases

you can split fire migs and raptors, to kill 2 rocket buggies, with one jet, only works on buggies tho, and techincals
Knjaz.
Xeres, unupgraded Raptor is exactly 420 dmg, upgraded - 525 dmg.
Mstas have 250 health TankArmor, Kodiaks have 700 health, BMs have 420 health, JAgdMammuts - same as Leos, which is 500, Golems are at 950, Sents at 1800, Overlords at 1100 - so are Shenlongs, afaik. So yes, 3 unupgraded raptors kill Golems, Overs, Shenlongs.

Upgraded raptors, as you said, kill Quads, Gatts and any non-US helicopter in game.

Power plants vary from 800 to 1500 health, depending on faction.
Warfactories are always at 2000 health.
Tier buildings from 2500 (Weapons Bunker, Prop Center, Breeder, R&D (can be even lower in this case), Detention and Strategy Center, BlackMarket) to 4000 (Industrial Plant, ChemLab), to 5000 (Hold the Line Strategy Center). Can make a mistake in case of R&D Center, as I'm at work and taking numbers from my head, but afaik it was 2500 as well.

I only listed health of units that receive 100% from JET_MISSILE.

Note to OP - do not use Raptors vs defences, their damage output drops like 4 times.
Zion
QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 30 Nov 2016, 11:14) *
Xeres, unupgraded Raptor is exactly 420 dmg, upgraded - 525 dmg.
Mstas have 250 health TankArmor, Kodiaks have 700 health, BMs have 420 health, JAgdMammuts - same as Leos, which is 500, Golems are at 950, Sents at 1800, Overlords at 1100 - so are Shenlongs, afaik. So yes, 3 unupgraded raptors kill Golems, Overs, Shenlongs.

so msta dies from one raptor? I think thats about right, forgot that migs u need 2.. so i guess 2 raptors for a kodiak then, 3 migs for a kodiak, and it looks like crusaders, jags,leos all need 2 un upgraded raptors, and one if upgraded, and for china 2 migs each i believe
Knjaz.
QUOTE (Zion @ 30 Nov 2016, 18:21) *
so msta dies from one raptor? I think thats about right, forgot that migs u need 2.. so i guess 2 raptors for a kodiak then, 3 migs for a kodiak, and it looks like crusaders, jags,leos all need 2 un upgraded raptors, and one if upgraded, and for china 2 migs each i believe

no you need 1 MiG for Msta and any other arty in game except for Claymore/Topol. (Which is not quite a classic arty).
MiG deals 82/missile, 328 total.

if there's a Sentinel nearby and one missile gets deflected Msta won't die, otherwise it will.
Crusaders are 550 base health, 1 raptor won't cut it unless LGM + Veterancy. It's because Crusaders were always viewed as more meatshield-oriented Mediums compared to others. Well, after the Composite Armor was moved to unlock they got base health buff.
Zion
QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 30 Nov 2016, 11:21) *
no you need 1 MiG for Msta and any other arty in game except for Claymore/Topol. (Which is not quite a classic arty).
MiG deals 82/missile, 328 total.

Well damn that's good to know, ive been sending 2 migs for msta
Knjaz.
biggrin.gif
Well, can always learn something new, I guess.
Zion
Oh and forgot the most important stat..
4 Upgraded raptors kill an eca manticore thats not ranked up.. obviously all missles need to land together, or else it repairs it right away
That's why u never go Manticore protocol vs usa, unless its a player that does not know this tongue.gif

Food for thought, I really think Rotr is way more complex than starcraft2, if you think about it, all units perform differently when they are upgraded, and especially when ranked up.
starcraft units dont rank, and an upgrade usually affects multiple units.

So next time u think the devs are not doing anything, think again tongue.gif its crazy what hunter needs to do, to make this mod playable, and it already is pretty balanced
Shalom
QUOTE (Zion @ 30 Nov 2016, 19:15) *
Food for thought, I really think Rotr is way more complex than starcraft2, if you think about it, all units perform differently when they are upgraded, and especially when ranked up.

I know it's beside the point, but most Starcraft upgrades affect only 1 unit (Armor/Weapon upgrades represent a small percentage of total upgrades). I would say that ROTR upgrades tend to affect multiple units more often than not.
Graion Dilach
Pretty sure Starcraft doesn't have a loathed limit of maximum upgrades though.
Shalom
QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 30 Nov 2016, 19:59) *
Pretty sure Starcraft doesn't have a loathed limit of maximum upgrades though.

I wasn't saying ROTR needs to be in any way more like Starcraft, I was just correcting Zion.
Knjaz.
QUOTE (Zion @ 30 Nov 2016, 19:15) *
Oh and forgot the most important stat..
4 Upgraded raptors kill an eca manticore thats not ranked up.. obviously all missles need to land together, or else it repairs it right away
That's why u never go Manticore protocol vs usa, unless its a player that does not know this tongue.gif

So next time u think the devs are not doing anything, think again tongue.gif its crazy what hunter needs to do, to make this mod playable, and it already is pretty balanced

Why not use Anvils? The ground attack mode for aircraft doesn't always perform well in SAGE, and usual 1.5+ second lag one experiences on SWRNet when Direct Connect is not turned on between players makes it even harder to pull.
Edit: Yeah right, 15 speed when activated in 186, forget what I said.

As for RotR - yeah, the game has many levels to it, above stuff (knowing Raptor damage output + health pools of all the stuff you're going to shoot with Raptors) But... if you'd only know how our balance talks sometimes go biggrin.gif
HeDD
QUOTE (Zion @ 30 Nov 2016, 17:35) *
Well damn that's good to know, ive been sending 2 migs for msta

If your opponent like me cover mstas with arena then you really need 2 migs, or 1 hellfire mig
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.