Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ROTR V/s Shockwave
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
atmospheric
So Comrades, after playing ROTR, why am I unable to enjoy Shockwave or any other mod or even the vanilla ZH? Is it some mental psychology or something else? blink.gif
chemisthypnos
I, personally, think that ROTR is the best in terms of factions and overall feel of the game.
Edsato82
Personally, I enjoy both mod :-)
XAOC-RU-
It's simple. ROTR is more variable interesting and unpredictable. Shockwave is more about spamming micromanage of single units. For me shw is too boring to play. Even when I overmicro some guy and win I do not feel enjoy coz I spent more nerves than enjoy to achive that. But some people just like to play this
Mizo
Shockwave is a modification of ZH, Rise of The Reds is its own game. They're too different to compare.
Shiro
It's more like: ShockWave is ZH+, ROTR is a(n almost) Total Conversion.
X1Destroy
IMO Shockwave was pretty much what if the base game wasn't rushed. New additions and all, but I feel the same as playing unmodded ZH.

ROTR is however, the real Generals 2.
chemisthypnos
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 5 Dec 2016, 5:42) *
IMO Shockwave was pretty much what if the base game wasn't rushed. New additions and all, but I feel the same as playing unmodded ZH.

ROTR is however, the real Generals 2.

"The real Generals 2" Preach, my friend, preach. XD
(USA)Bruce
Shockwave is more fluid, fast pacecd and put with a set line of rules
Rise of the reds is mechaniclly more simple and basic with a tad pinch of more realisim (Just enough) with the gamey mechanics.

I prefer both too but lately I've been enjoying shockwaves more punishing gameplay style more.You can kill buildings before T1 there
Neo
QUOTE (Atmospheric @ 4 Dec 2016, 18:09) *
So Comrades, after playing ROTR, why am I unable to enjoy Shockwave or any other mod or even the vanilla ZH? Is it some mental psychology or something else? blink.gif

Well, ROTR 1.86 (or 1.87) is different than Shockwave. It's normal to not unable enjoy it if you didn't played ROTR 1.85 before. Currently somehow, ROTR 1.85 is the closest to Shockwave 1.201 because of these reasons :
1- Both ROTR 1.85 and Shockwave 1.201 have unbalanced stuff. (I am not complaining it, it is fine for me.)
2- Shockwave 1.201 gives an almost similar gameplay to ROTR 1.85.
3- Shockwave 1.201 has some stuff from ROTR. (For example, vanilla USA Burton's grenade launcher after the upgrade)
4- It has types of quads. I8.gif (joke)

These might apply to some players didn't adapted to ROTR 1.86 and already adapted to ROTR 1.85.
Zion
ROTR is a more cinematic experience for me, and the creativity of all the factions, makes me wana keep playing.
There is no one way to play all factions, each faction is designed to play a certain way, and to master it, feels satisfying.

plus i like russia lol
atmospheric
QUOTE (Zion @ 5 Dec 2016, 12:02) *
ROTR is a more cinematic experience for me, and the creativity of all the factions, makes me wana keep playing.
There is no one way to play all factions, each faction is designed to play a certain way, and to master it, feels satisfying.

plus i like russia lol

Among all replies, I feel I am more in agreement with the above reply. It is the creativity of all factions which keeps me glued to ROTR and to master all factions, it does feel satisfying because you learn different and new things about each faction all the way. I like Russia too, especially the music while playing as Russia.

Also, I did not quite understand and feel confused about Neo's explanation above. I did not understand a single bit of what you are trying to say, sir. Maybe you elaborate a little more in a commoner way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.