Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.87 Serious Error at Launch
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Support Forum
chemisthypnos
Everytime that I start 1.87, I get a serious error. 1.86 works just fine, I am running it as admin, and I am running a "Questionable" version of generals due to Windows 10. Please help!
Arc
I had this serious error before, due to having some external mods that I didn't seem to remove. A full reinstall (or cough copy pasting the original, clean ZH folder and installing ROTR there) fixed it for me.
chemisthypnos
QUOTE (Arc @ 8 Dec 2016, 18:10) *
I had this serious error before, due to having some external mods that I didn't seem to remove. A full reinstall (or cough copy pasting the original, clean ZH folder and installing ROTR there) fixed it for me.

Thanks. Unfortunately, the version that I downloaded comes with alot of other mods all without uninstallers :[.

I am considering trying a legit cd install but instead using this thing that other people are using to play generals on Windows 10: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/425607...sal-fix-thread/ Do you know if I will be able to play online using SWR if I attempt this fix?
Skitt
thats just a normal options.ini fix not gonan stop u useing swrnet
chemisthypnos
QUOTE (Skitt @ 9 Dec 2016, 13:29) *
thats just a normal options.ini fix not gonan stop u useing swrnet

Thank you so much, Skitt. I was always under the impression that the .ini fix would not allow you to use SWR net. I guess that I will be back soon if I have another problem XD.
chemisthypnos
:[ The ini fix didn't work. I guess that I am going to try to get a better "Questionable" version. Any recommendations in particular?
Skitt
the first decade or a copy of the original retail version with the 4 disks is the best bet
origin ultimate collection is ok ish... though from what iv seen its more hassle than its worth
chemisthypnos
Ok. I found something that works without needing a "Questionable" version of generals/zero hour. This video worked very well. Perhaps it might be worth passing it along to (many) others that cn't get the game to work on Windows 10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kew4GQjN6o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.