Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECA as a faction
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
atmospheric
Just as I took the liberty to appreciate USA here:
http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.ph...st&p=137611

I am afraid that I have to point out that the most nerfed and a total screwed up faction in 1.87 is the ECA (the AI as well as where you play as ECA) alongwith the nerfed hero unit of Russia, Boris. Probably Msta too (Gorgon has a pathetic range). Like when playing as Russia against China, the Nuke owns you and you just have to feel helpless and think over a different strategy to counter those Nukes which are generally covered by heavy AA like twin fangs.

However, Blackbear is something exceptional and I appreciate that. I hope ROTR remains well balanced in 2.0. Or you can kiss goodbye to some of the gamers like me around in the MOD community.
Zion
QUOTE (Atmospheric @ 11 Dec 2016, 21:07) *

I am afraid that I have to point out that the most nerfed and a total screwed up faction in 1.87 is the ECA (the AI as well as where you play as ECA) alongwith the nerfed hero unit of Russia, Boris. Probably Msta too (Gorgon has a pathetic range). Like when playing as Russia against China, the Nuke owns you and you just have to feel helpless and think over a different strategy to counter those Nukes which are generally covered by heavy AA like twin fangs.

However, Blackbear is something exceptional and I appreciate that. I hope ROTR remains well balanced in 2.0. Or you can kiss goodbye to some of the gamers like me around in the MOD community.

Oh such liberty.. no ones kissing you, but im sure the devs will say their farewells, to people of your magnitude
XAOC-RU-
QUOTE (Atmospheric @ 12 Dec 2016, 7:07) *

Nukes are always was a problem for even non-nerfed Mstas (this name looks much better than silly Gorgons) in situation when 1 Msta fases 1 Nuke Nuke will always win. Msta will able to shoot twice but this is not enough to kill nuke anyway. If you will use 2 Mstas then ok but you will lose them too and it's not good trade. The only way to counter Nukes is not only get BB. Even nerfed mstas can make good fire support all you need is spread nukes fire to unnessesary units which will drive to battlefield first and can even make friendly fire nukes on own army if use their smokes near it. Best for this role will be mishka with infantry. And then use your heavy armor to break the frontline
Skitt
you need to bear in mind atm with current public build 1 eca that its at a disadvantage for a good chunk of the match, due to a bug with the primary eco its currently running at arround 10% less for supplys collected than it should be.
once thats fixed eca should improve slightly, though if its still stuffed vs certain strats from the other factions remains to be seen
Megazord
I hope ROTR remains well balanced in 2.0. Or you can kiss goodbye to some of the gamers like me around in the MOD community.

You know why they decided to make a public test build, right?

Spoiler: to get help finding bugs and balance issues.
atmospheric
QUOTE (Zion @ 11 Dec 2016, 20:57) *
Oh such liberty.. no ones kissing you, but im sure the devs will say their farewells, to people of your magnitude

Just try to do something for your country instead of lurking around and measuring the magnitude of other people.

QUOTE (Megazord @ 12 Dec 2016, 0:01) *
You know why they decided to make a public test build, right?

Spoiler: to get help finding bugs and balance issues.

I am public. I gave my opinion. I also gave my appreciation where they deserved. I am sure they do not want robots like the one above who nod their head to everything what the devs or testers have to say.
X1Destroy
Why don't you use topol? Shouldn't be banned anymore by now.
Maelstrom
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 12 Dec 2016, 8:47) *

It was never banned to begin with.
Graion Dilach
QUOTE (XAOC-RU- @ 12 Dec 2016, 3:59) *
Mstas (this name looks much better than silly Gorgons)

I see you still has angst over this rename. However, this rename was needed, because as long as you weren't Slavic you couldn't pronounce it right. The others happened because abbreviated designations are also hard to pronounce and lacks the natural flow of a word. Yes, this might bring some bad feelings for the Slavics, but I am sure the people who can get the new names right but the old ones wrong outnumber them.
X1Destroy
Back then I didn't know if it's should be "mista" or "m'sta" but it isn't all that hard to remember. Gorgon isn't a better name for this unit either, but that's just me.

BRDM, BMP, BMD, and blah blah so on is so annoying. They were too similar and were generic real life designations, which shouldn't be used in a game like C&C. The change is much needed.

I think that Wolverine should have been a name reserved for a future American or ECA unit rather than Russian, but the new voice over is really good so it's fine I guess.
Rohan
QUOTE (Graion%20Dilach @ 12 Dec 2016, 13:43) *
I see you still has angst over this rename. However, this rename was needed, because as long as you weren't Slavic you couldn't pronounce it right. The others happened because abbreviated designations are also hard to pronounce and lacks the natural flow of a word. Yes, this might bring some bad feelings for the Slavics, but I am sure the people who can get the new names right but the old ones wrong outnumber them.

The "Gattling" Tank had a spelling mistake and it was never fixed. It is pretty similar to the above logic, I guess. Anyways, the name was not fixed because the name had become iconic to the point that a fix was no longer need. Similarly the Msta didn't need a name change as the name itself had become iconic. Now even if it had renamed, I would have expected a cool name. For example, the BMD was renamed to Wolverine and that's an awesome name change. But the Gorgon name seems lame for the unit.
On top of that Russian names gave the units of Russia a nice Russian touch. I think the name should be changed back but if not then that's also fine to me.
Hanfield
QUOTE (Rohan @ 12 Dec 2016, 10:46) *
The "Gattling" Tank had a spelling mistake and it was never fixed.

That has been there since vanilla and they just went with it as a nod to Chinese "copying" foreign designs
Shiro
"Gattling" was misspelled by Westwood since Yuri's Revenge andit won't be changed for the reason Hanfield outlined - as a mild comical jab at China's reputation for plagiarism.
Knjaz.
QUOTE (Skitt @ 12 Dec 2016, 5:07) *
you need to bear in mind atm with current public build 1 eca that its at a disadvantage for a good chunk of the match, due to a bug with the primary eco its currently running at arround 10% less for supplys collected than it should be.
once thats fixed eca should improve slightly, though if its still stuffed vs certain strats from the other factions remains to be seen

not really, those -18% values are happening rarely, it's mroe or less running at normal income, 10% below Russia/China as alwyas since 1.80

just, as we already wrote before (OP, do you even read other threads before makingthis one? It serves no purpose, everything was answered in other threads by now), ECA in general isn't quite good in 1v1's of current meta and thus steps could be taken to buff it. (aside from the couple of imba things that deserve a nerf on their own and would definitely deserve a nerf with buffed ECA).

P.S. Disregard what I said to OP, I've read the rest of his post now. Can only put "Ok lol" comment here regarding what he's saying there. We really should get to writing manual once 187 gets released, perhaps it'll clear few things with gameplay and counter system.
SPS Barbarossa
QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 12 Dec 2016, 14:10) *
P.S. Disregard what I said to OP, I've read the rest of his post now. Can only put "Ok lol" comment here regarding what he's saying there. We really should get to writing manual once 187 gets released, perhaps it'll clear few things with gameplay and counter system.

Nice i like reading matrial for my games, but please don't feel forced to make it happen before the 187 release. I don't know if you have a dedicated person to do it, but i would like to help you guys out with the layout, styling and realisation of making such a manual wink.gif
Graion Dilach
The original reason why Gatling is spelt with two ts in the WW/EA games is because of the copyright on the name (!). Yes, people, that exists.

Also, thanks for the compliment, X1Destroy, I feel relieved that it worthed it pushing myself to get that set done - basically I tried and dropped recordings for months on that because I never felt them good enough. Rename also helped to get the flow right even.
atmospheric
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 12 Dec 2016, 1:47) *

Bearing in mind its warhead's reload time, are you even serious about that?
{Lads}RikerZZZ
Topols are viable and very useful in pvp play now, so feel free to nuke some peeps
XAOC-RU-
If someone asks me which GP I will take at last point in 1.87 ver I will answer topols
X1Destroy
No fotress can withstand 2 extra GP strikes simultanously in the form of topol and silo. And with a blackbear, veteran sentinels and goliath hinds leading the charge, nothing except massed hordes larger than them can stop Russia. And even then, it might just delay it.

I still remember the days where China go lol, bunker camp with nuke cannons switch to EMP rounds, build an army of twinfangs, mines everywhere and done. Not a damn thing Russia can do. They either get nuked to dust before they can retaliate, or shut down half-way and become useless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.