Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking advice
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
Jet02
So I was having a pve session a few days ago when i suddenly decided to perform an early game armour rush on an urban map(ECA VS GLA). Greens won in less than 15 minutes(urban warfare vs terrorists as the slowest faction in game how did i not see that coming lol).

Any advice please?
Skitt
panzefousts/panzerdeares spam with vacuum warheads to back up your armor forces
and do what eca is very good at. level the city with arty.
support your forces with a dozer or 2 and park some guard towers/ engi forts along the way as fall back points to repair.
ComradeCrimson
QUOTE (Jet02 @ 12 Feb 2017, 13:40) *
So I was having a pve session a few days ago when i suddenly decided to perform an early game armour rush on an urban map(ECA VS GLA). Greens won in less than 15 minutes(urban warfare vs terrorists as the slowest faction in game how did i not see that coming lol).

Any advice please?

In addition to what Skitt said, push up with dozers and build guard towers throughout the front to lock down the GLA. Throw in anti tank defenses when possible too.

Vehicle digouts are a pretty neat choice as well; as are Bloodhounds. Make sure you get the chaff upgrade ASAP and either pair your army with bloodhounds or supply tracks once you got the chaff upgrade to make sure you're protected from buggies.

And don't forget, man's best friend likes eating kebab. Spam your dogs and have them help in your armoured assaults to chew those pesky defenses down and to chow down on workers.
Jet02
Is there a way that doesn't involve leveling the entire city?
Hanfield
QUOTE (Jet02 @ 16 Feb 2017, 7:46) *
Is there a way that doesn't involve leveling the entire city?

Razing it works too, along with flattening, demolishing, removing, annihilating, etc
Jet02
No big difference is there?
{Lads}RikerZZZ
Generally if you're rushing you should be getting them before they get into the city.
Still, urban warfare is all about garrison control so panzerfousts to clear the garrisons + a couple of armoured units (or both in one with Panzerdurs!) will pretty much kill everything you need to worry about.

I find it easier to clear a garrison than it is to kill the building, but thats just me.
atmospheric
QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 16 Feb 2017, 6:12) *
find it easier to clear a garrison than it is to kill the building, but thats just me

define "easier" with your skill level biggrin.gif

Besides that, why still the snow avatar with the santa hat? its almost spring now ....
ZunZero97
QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 16 Feb 2017, 10:12) *
Generally if you're rushing you should be getting them before they get into the city.
Still, urban warfare is all about garrison control so panzerfousts to clear the garrisons + a couple of armoured units (or both in one with Panzerdurs!) will pretty much kill everything you need to worry about.

I find it easier to clear a garrison than it is to kill the building, but thats just me.

Indeed but Rocket buggies can face with hit-and-run against these pandourst. Invest some Tiger gunships, Harriers and or Howitzers. 8chi.png
{Lads}RikerZZZ
No zun, that takes too long, for the timeframe we're talking about, and buggies arent an issue when we're discussing early game garrison clearing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.