Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a new tank for the GLA I was trying to make
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
Jarmen Kell
I'm thinking about a new design of an old model for a superior tank for the GLA. I call it the Lasher tank.
Lasher Tanks were originally a Soviet design, designed as a complementary unit for the Kodiak and Gollum Tanks, but in the end cast off before the Great Cold War even started. When the Russians have abandon the production of the models, The GLA had their troops acquire old Soviet blueprints for reverse engineering. Among the blueprints were the schematics for the Lasher. Now the tank has become the backbone of the GLA's armored divisions.
Lasher Tank
Cost: $750
Speed: 6
Hit points: 360
Armor Class: Medium
Prerequisite: GLA's arms dealer tunnel and general's promotion
Purpose: Anti-Armor
Weapon: 110mm Cannon, 115mm Cannon 1st salvage, 120mm Cannon 2nd salvage
Range: 5.75
The frontal grinders work both with the trends and independently and to punch through both Armour (three tanks could literally stop an overload tank from different directions till eventually destroyed) and buildings (either garrisoned or not)
Both of the lasher and basilisk tank have the same voice actor
the Lasher is a compilation between the Russian gollum and the American paladin in both armor and anti infantry machine gun as well as speed yet I could not make it.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Admiral FCS
I'm pretty sure that ROTR don't take suggestions...

Also, from a story point of view, GLA doesn't have much for mass standardized production, especially not for MBT's. AFAIK there are almost no purpose-built combat vehicles for GLA, they all started off as civilian vehicles re-purposed for combat.
Shiro
The GLA's vehicle pool consists of civilian vehicles equipped with various weapons, armour plates, scanners (cameras, thermal sensors etc) and all kinds of other stuff, or old Cold War surplus. Some of the latter is purpose-build, but in most cases heavily modified to suit the GLA's particular needs.

Now for the Lasher Tank, some form of long-ish tank with a rolling pin might work, but to some degree it would have to be based on a real design, if possible.
Jarmen Kell
this model is originally made by the soviets against the paladin tanks, but general Alexander didn't approve that one because of the lack of its recovery systems,canceling that project and the fall of soviet union allowed the GLA to steal many soviet weapons including the Lasher.
the purpose of that tank was to be a blitzkrieg tactic tank like kodiak and gollum, as well as the high speed of it so it can fulfill the hit and run tactic. and the gla simply borrowed the blueprints of it, with their own touches in both GLA technology upgrades and scrap upgrades
Jarmen Kell
I'm thinking about a new design of an old model for a superior tank for the GLA. I call it the Lasher tank.
Lasher Tanks were originally a Soviet design, designed as a complementary unit for the Kodiak and Gollum Tanks, but in the end cast off before the Great Cold War even started. When the Russians have abandon the production of the models, The GLA had their troops acquire old Soviet blueprints for reverse engineering. Among the blueprints were the schematics for the Lasher. Now the tank has become the backbone of the GLA's armored divisions.
Lasher Tank
Cost: $750
Speed: 6
Hit points: 360
Armor Class: Medium
Prerequisite: GLA's arms dealer tunnel and general's promotion
Purpose: Anti-Armor
Weapon: 110mm Cannon, 115mm Cannon 1st salvage, 120mm Cannon 2nd salvage
Range: 5.75
The frontal grinders work both with the trends and independently and to punch through both Armour (three tanks could literally stop an overload tank from different directions till eventually destroyed) and buildings (either garrisoned or not) as it does function like the same of tank grinders in Red Alert 3 uprising
Both of the lasher and basilisk tank have the same voice actor
the Lasher is a compilation between the Russian gollum and the American paladin in both armor and anti infantry machine gun as well as speed yet I could not make it.
the sound of the engine is the same of the anti mines Russian mishka in ROTR or the Toxin scorpion tanks of Dr thrax in Shockwaves
https://ppmforums.com/files/yuris_lasher_tank_002_306.gif
http://www.ep.ppmsite.com/Re/Public/360_lshtnk_000.gif
https://ppmforums.com/files/jhnmtnk_000_308.gif
Click to view attachment
Zeke
Dude, stop spamming your idea everywhere, it's getting really annoying.
Jarmen Kell
I hope you like that idea, however, it's not completely done, so I do post it one here and one in main thread, Not too much and there's more ideas I have to share.
MARS
The 'Soviets' broke down long before the first American Paladin tank even existed in the ROTR timeline. The Paladin began its life as an advanced A4 modification of the M1 Abrams tank in the late 2010s. If anything, the Soviets would have developed a tank to counter the M1A1 Abrams back in the 80s but it's highly doubtful that the result of such a design process would be a light cavalry tank with a puny 110mm cannon, a gun calibre which the Soviets didn't even use to begin with. General Aleksandr also wouldn't have had any say in this at all because he was born in the mid-1990s, years after the Soviet Union had already collapsed.
Hanfield
Local man comes up with garbage, more at six
Keeper
Stop sharing your ideas.
Jarmen Kell
In case you mean scrap metal design then it's what the gla rely on, and for the Soviets have many designs of weapons but not yet been in production line because of the collapse of ussr, the tank is made in purpose of serving a country that don't exist and so the gla scientists have made the blueprint accessible to their clutches, reprocessing the modules and equipping them with gla technology is what happened, like General mohmar deathstrike's armour arsenal, as most of it are ww2 era and cold war
Jarmen Kell
Besides, the story of entire war against the gla never mention the Soviets or Russians untill ROTR came, however it doesn't mean that the gla cannot borrow Soviet technology and that the latter never existed, so the story still valid
Jarmen Kell
Besides, the story of entire war against the gla never mention the Soviets or Russians untill ROTR came, however it doesn't mean that the gla cannot borrow Soviet technology and that the latter never existed, so the story still valid, regarding the caliber of the gun, the Soviets used it as a complementary tank or support purpose, 110 mm gun is a good and fast cannon for such strategy, the gla stolen the design as the new Russian federation was still under the impact of the collapse of Soviet union, so the gla will use it as a heavy tank.
Admiral FCS
You can't read, or you don't read, do you...

1. Before anything, does this unit even have any gameplay value at all? Why should I even bother trying to lock down an enemy tank in place with micro when my cheap horde can already overwhelm it without too much micro? GLA already does hit and run so well, it doesn't need another tank that needs a genpoint to do what other units already do well.

2. Not written in forum rules, but ROTR stopped taking suggestions a long time ago AFAIK. There's a list of features they're going to add, even though you don't see it.

3. Is that roller thing even codeable???

4. Again, this thing costs a genpoint?????

5. 110mm guns are nonexistent on modern armored vehicles. Western guns use 105-120-152, while Russian/Chinese guns use 100-125-152, and the 152's only really existed for howitzers.

6. The GLA did not exist when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991. There is a gap of about 20 years before they became a real thing by nuking Beijing in 2019.

7. Once again, the GLA builds combat vehicles by modifying civilian vehicles, not building their own. The "Cold War" arsenal you mention are all salvaged, not built by them. Hence why their WF's are called Arms Dealer; they bought or acquired these vehicles from previous owners. The only vehicles "built" by the GLA are Marauder tanks, detailed on the ROTR wikia here: http://generalsrotr.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder_Tank

8. Soviet armor doctrine doesn't call for light-heavy combination, but cheap-expensive combination. The T-72 and the T-80 both have 125mm guns with roughly equal firepower, but the T-72 is mass-produced for regular units while the more expensive but advanced T-80 is for more elite units: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-80 As thus, the Soviets would never come up with this kind of a design.

9. Even if they did, the roller thing is to remove mines, not crush other vehicles... because it physically can't. The Overlord's probably over 200 or even 300 to 400 tons... and you expect a single 40-something ton tank with a glorified lint roller to hold it in place? And now you can try to explain how that thing is going to somehow take down a building of reinforced concrete, able to withstand explosions, with nothing but a feeble amount of kinetic energy.
Zeke
Guys I understand your frustration, but getting heated about this will only spur him on more.

It's best to just ignore, and move on. This guy is obviously not open to discussion.
Jarmen Kell
Taking designs from Soviets doesn't mean that gla has to be existed in time of Soviet union collapse, and the gla modified vehicles and defences from ww2 era and cold war too not civilian vehicles at all for example basalisk in shockwaves or scud launchers. And the lasher was simply made as a German panzer but in a Soviet controlled Germany in cold war.as I said in the intro, the tank is for both hit and run and puncture through tactics, the same system of most units of the gla, take units of General deathstrike as an example for what I say, the rest of it's details are written but I will say it again
The scrap upgrades are reinforce the armour and the caliber of the gun as well as fire rate enhancements but with adding new cannon .
The frontal grinders are to pin down vehicles and eventually crush them. In case of bigger tanks like overlord it requires 3 tanks in one time to do it, while using such feature, the guns are not usable.
Despite the tank has the same upgrades as scorpion tanks, but it's more enhanced as the lasher has 2 scorpion rockets instead of one and when fully scrap upgraded it carries 4. The scorpion tanks have 1 rocket and 2 when fully scrap upgraded.
It has the same engine sound like mishka anti mine tank.
Jarmen Kell
Well, I know that the gla has moroder tanks as a heavy tank destroyer purpose, so adding new heavy anti infantry and vehicle assault tank for the gla will serve the hit and run tactics, besides, Russians have 2 heavy tanks one called Gollum and the another has sentinel, the Chinese has one heavy overlord tank and one heavy flamethrower called shenlong, still in point for the gla to have one addition heavy tank can be produced in mass numbers.the grinders are anti mines as well as tanks for ramming them, but with the main guns nonfunctional.
The grinders system is shown as follow
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd97H9uDOG8
Hanfield
Local man writes garbage idea, more at six
Jarmen Kell
In case you mean scrap, then you may have a point, that's what the gla count on.
Jarmen Kell
Unable to comply !!!!!
Zeke
QUOTE (Jarmen Kell @ 16 Jul 2017, 4:15) *
Unable to comply !!!!!

You will, if you want to stay in this forum. Spamming is against proper forum conduct, if you continue on your current path you will be removed eventually.
Skitt
ok Jarmen stop makeing multiple versions of the same topic in different areas of the forum, stick to one topic if its all about the same thing.
iv deleted one of the copy topics and merged the other 2 together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.