Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ka1000's thread.
SWR Productions Forum > Community > The Art Gallery
Pages: 1, 2
ka1000
so... i have tons of new stuff but i'm kinda unsure whether it is a good idea to post a work thread here...

can anyone convince me?

if that happens, i'll continue this place and load up some new works smile.gif
The_Hunter
well let me ask you why you shouldn't tongue.gif
IPS
just do it!!^^

I want to see it here! wink.gif
ka1000
i was just unsure cause that would mean i would have to maintain three threads at all times but since i just left MGS there's no real problem smile.gif

i'll post some stuff later on smile.gif
ka1000
some tanks smile.gif

Crazykenny
Looks awesome ohmy.gif
Sargeant Rho
Could you do a perspective version of that drawing? I might try to model it tongue.gif
ka1000
i'll see if i CBA wink.gif
Comr4de
Awesome sketch there ka. Also yea go ahead and post more of your stuff, I'm sure the guys here would love it smile.gif
ka1000
thanks man smile.gif

could anyone with modding capabilities please rename the thread to ka100's work? since i now CanBA to post things smile.gif
ka1000
my idea for a civilian structure, could be captured to bombard the enemy every few minutes:

some kind of gigantic rail cannon built onto a platform used to rotate locomotives. it bears a truly beastly cannon that fires shells the size of small cars smile.gif

cc welcome
The_Hunter
Impressive.

Reminds me alot of this:

Was it perhaps your oringinal inspiration ?
ka1000
nope, awesome picture though smile.gif

i based it off a railcannon i saw in one of my favourite childhood comicstrips: yoko tsuno.

here's the front page with the cannon smile.gif

Mylo
Krupp K5: ???

@ topic: that is really a nice railway gun! Awesome

Mylo
ka1000
thanks mylo smile.gif and yeah, that's more or less it tongue.gif
beefJeRKy
whoa i used to read a few of those comics tongue.gif thanks to those huge Spirou compilations
ka1000
i <3 'em smile.gif

have a ton of those compilations btw XD.gif
Crazykenny
That gun looks awesome in every way imaginable biggrin.gif
ka1000
something quick, turned out that i liked the idea. not that i know what the idea is (yet) but i like it smile.gif

IPS
I like it too biggrin.gif
reminds me of minority report but idk why
Comr4de
Very cool , I love the rail cannon you made there, phenomenal looking as well.
ka1000
hullo 'vryone.

i made a slightly crazy walker smile.gif enjoy.

Comr4de
I sense some Starcraft 2 influence with this one. Regardless it's quite awesome biggrin.gif
ka1000
you're right smile.gif

i recalled some kind of heavy mech unit and the idea stuck, i have no idea what it's called or really looks like though smile.gif
ka1000
ay double post, soz.

a plane rolleyes.gif

some missiles!

cc please! i don't often do planes...
ka1000
some new stuff.

cc plox

oh and soz double post.
ka1000
eh, absolutely no comments at all?.

too bad. triple post.

here's some more work done in a hurry, was too lazy to make a new chassis so i used an older unreleased one.

enjoy: the hivestorm MRLS. 14 missile pods that fire a combined 42 missiles of doom tongue.gif

The_Hunter
that looks like it could be a Nod vehicle with the cockpit thingy.
Shock
It should be. The shape of the missile pods gives it away tongue.gif

On your plane. It reminds me of the sort of aircraft as used in Supreme Commander Forged Alliance.

It looks a bit like a paper plane though. Maybe you can find a way to make the wings connect to the body more smoothly, so that I don't have the impression that they'd fall off when someone throws a brick at em.
ka1000
a plane, armed with four heavy gatling cannons. it's strafing runs transform any ground targets in Swiss cheese.

Shock
Like an A10 on crack, though I find the model a bit bland, not really much interesting details or design choices to look at.
Gen.Kenobi
Looks like and A10 with a Harrier body, but nice work m8.
Diamondcutter
looks kinda like the one from ECA...XD

just a reminder, the smoke from it's guns could "turn off" those engines wink.gif
ka1000
QUOTE (Shock @ 23 Jul 2009, 14:17) *
Like an A10 on crack, though I find the model a bit bland, not really much interesting details or design choices to look at.

ya, felt like doing something standard. also keep in mind that i model mostly in low poly, just in case someone would be interested.

QUOTE (Diamondcutter @ 24 Jul 2009, 4:12) *
looks kinda like the one from ECA...XD

just a reminder, the smoke from it's guns could "turn off" those engines wink.gif

if you take a close look at my other work, you'll notice realism ain't exactly what i am aiming for wink.gif
ka1000
new model inbound

this time it's a large tank following the same firing principle as my FS contest artillery piece. the rear set of treads swivel when it turns.

The_Hunter
it reminds me of the sentinel for some reason.

Design looks nice and futuristic.
Pickysaurus
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 1 Aug 2009, 22:44) *

It looks like a back-to-front Sentinel mixed with a Scorpion Tank from Halo

Very good though
ka1000
i'll take that
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 1 Aug 2009, 23:44) *

and that
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 1 Aug 2009, 23:57) *
It looks like a back-to-front Sentinel mixed with a Scorpion Tank from Halo

Very good though

as a compliment smile.gif thanks guys.

oh and hunter: the reason why it looks somewhat like the sentinel is obviously because of the swivelling treads (although backwards) and the rather large muzzle smile.gif
ka1000
a front page cover for a friends' thesis, he liked it tongue.gif

comments & critique welcome, even though it's an old piece...
Pickysaurus
That's kinda creepy
What's it meant to represent?
Very good work smile.gif
ka1000
a classic encounter between good and bad smile.gif
ka1000
a pretty standard tank, still glad with how it came out smile.gif

tell me whatyathink!

it's funny how little response is given here...
Frostyarmy
Hmmm , thats pretty decent D:
The_Hunter
turret shape looks abit like the alpha crusader from a top down view.

That aside however it looks pretty neat and the detais make it look futuristic.
ka1000
D:

?

anyhow, thank you and tank you huntr smile.gif you're right about the shape too, though it wasn't my inspiration at all smile.gif
ka1000
an imaginary mosque for an appointment at school. no ref used, just used old mental images from books i'd seen a long time ago. i was pretty surprised when it turned out to be rather accurate though smile.gif

Wi-Ta
Very very nice
A pity this can not be used for generals.
beefJeRKy
That's pretty interesting but the minarets feel too close to the main prayer hall. But it looks pretty nice IMO despite having more Indian influence (the bulbous minarets).
The_Hunter

: O

But seriously now that looks prety neat altho i feel it lacks detail.
ka1000
picture

oh gawd, this just had to happen XD.gif

and yeah, it's not too detailed as the idea was to take a major shape and expand on that sole shape to create an entirely new room/environment. the windows present are simply there cause it felt a bit naked without them tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.