Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there anything important on add a drone to structure in ZH?
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
A34Comet
I try to give the firebase the ability to build a drone for themselves but.... the game will crush when the drone a about to finish

It is very strange since the drone is already used by many units, there should be something wrong or missing on somewhere in the firebase code but I just can't find out

Anyone have a clue?
(USA)Bruce
Is it an automatic drone? Didnt the 1.85 Firebase in ROTR have that? take a look

And always, when posting here....SHARE YOUR CODE
A34Comet
QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 20 Feb 2018, 7:43) *
Is it an automatic drone? Didnt the 1.85 Firebase in ROTR have that? take a look

And always, when posting here....SHARE YOUR CODE

Thanks for reply :)

Well there is really nothing worthy to post since I just try to let USA base structure to use battledrone, they are all from original Zh, I did not actually write a code

I tried to compare with ROTR work but could not tell the difference
A34Comet
Oh, sorry for the mistake, I did success on add a drone to firebase, but when it came to airfield, it didn't work, the world editor can't find out but the game will crush when the drone is complete
A34Comet
OK seems I am totally crused rolleyes.gif

I always took a lot of time but find nothing and just after I post the problem and all of a sudden I find out why myself...

The firebase, base defense, and all other units, they have somekind of AIUpdateInterface because they are active to game situation

However normally a normal base structure do not since they don't need to react, and this will prevent them from having a servent object like drones.

So I just add a AIUpdateInterface moduletag in the airfield and it worked, even if there is actually nothing in that moduletag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.