Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proposing a faction to replace China
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
belltechs
I would like to see the Chinese faction in ROTR get replaced by the Asia-Pacific Alliance from Command and Conquer: Generals 2. Since the game was cancelled, it would be nice if the dev team could add APA to the mod. Basically, what we have here is all Chinese structures, units and vehicles are modified to look like the structures, units and vehicles from Generals 2, with APA paint schemes, etc. Also some new VO's for most units like Red Guard, Tank Hunter, Overlord Tank, Dragon Tank, Gatling Tank, etc.

I know this is asking alot but I really want to play as APA from the cancelled C&C game. This is a link to the article for APA.
MARS
How much progress for ROTR do you even see here these days to begin with?
Do you really think this is a credible thing to ask for, at all, given the sheer amount of work and time it would require to essentially remake an -entire- faction from scratch and kick over the whole established storyline with China in the process as well?
Scud
I wish Half Life 3. Make it
Maelstrom
Simple answer: No
Hanfield
i want a moddb update...
(USA)Bruce
QUOTE (belltechs @ 1 May 2019, 4:33) *
I would like to see the Chinese faction in ROTR get replaced by the Asia-Pacific Alliance from Command and Conquer: Generals 2. Since the game was cancelled, it would be nice if the dev team could add APA to the mod. Basically, what we have here is all Chinese structures, units and vehicles are modified to look like the structures, units and vehicles from Generals 2, with APA paint schemes, etc. Also some new VO's for most units like Red Guard, Tank Hunter, Overlord Tank, Dragon Tank, Gatling Tank, etc.

I know this is asking alot but I really want to play as APA from the cancelled C&C game. This is a link to the article for APA.

1-What would this gain?

2-No

3-That's too much work for something that goes against the game's vision
belltechs
I found a Red Alert 3 mod called Generals 2 which you can play as EU, APA or GLA. Nevermind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.