Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windows 7 or vista..?
SWR Productions Forum > Community > The Databank
lucas123
Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?
Stubbjax
Haha! laugh.gif Windows 7 to the max mate. smile.gif
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r
Windows 7 dude specially with a laptop, vista is such a system hog even for a pc. i know vista is supposed to have a little more compatibility with evrything by now but with my experience i had to modify all the shortcuts on vista just to get games to even start were as i have more compatibility with windows 7 and im still running the release candidate with no problems watsoevr
Alias
I'm pretty sure this is a bot, by the way.
Shiro
Why a bot?
Anyway, I just got Windows 7, I did not do much with it yet, but almost EVERYONE I asked so far thinks Win7&Ubuntu>>>Vista>Mac.
Pickysaurus
I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea. So use it wink.gif
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Alias @ 9 Jan 2010, 9:30) *
I'm pretty sure this is a bot, by the way.

We have a pretty decent way to filter out bots we get roughly 9 bots that attempt to register every week but none get through.
beefJeRKy
Google his question I8.gif
And yeah he's a bot. We took him out on FS.
Alias
Circular reasoning.
This is written by a bot.
So is this guy who just go banned on FS for posting the exact same thread content as the link above (which happens to be a good Google hit as Scope pointed out), and shares the same username as the OP of this thread.

Ninja'd ;_;

To keep on OT:
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 9 Jan 2010, 23:36) *
Why a bot?
Anyway, I just got Windows 7, I did not do much with it yet, but almost EVERYONE I asked so far thinks Win7&Ubuntu>>>Vista>Mac.
I'd beg to differ. Windows 7 is a vast improvement over all other previous Windows versions, including XP, but it still pales to unix or any *nix based kernel. That includes all builds of Linux, BSD and OSX as well. There is far more stability in a *nix kernel than there is in the NT kernel, and most applications run more efficiently. The only advantage Windows has over a *nix based system is the larger amount of software that is native to it (primarily games), however that ratio is greatly diminishing in these recent years.
The_Hunter
well if it is a bot then i wonder what they intend to achieve with it it's not spreading comercials or website links.
Pickysaurus
Just to be annoying and spam up the internet.
Maybe to try to bury a website about xbox games success?
Alias
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 10 Jan 2010, 0:15) *
well if it is a bot then i wonder what they intend to achieve with it it's not spreading comercials or website links.
This guy has a very, very subtle link in his signature, however I have no idea about OP.
beefJeRKy
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 9 Jan 2010, 14:15) *

Actually that has left me wondering the same thing. I wondering if somebody is trying to develop smarterbots that avoid the filters or something and this was a test bot.
ComeOn
WINDOW 7!!!!!
Chyros
We had a bot on FS that used information in other posts in a thread to emulate conversation. It was quite funny to see, but it wasn't commercial either.
Lord Atlantis
They might copy+paste the replies in this thread and add them to like banners/ect for random "recommendations" of 7.
RaiDK
Let's not forget that Windows 7 vs Vista is a really, really stupid question tongue.gif
wb21
...and it posted it here in the General Chat, not in the Databank.
n5p29
why not lock this thread then?
Wi-Ta
I do not see that this thread do any damage.
So why not let it rest in peace happy.gif
beefJeRKy
If it will spawn a discussion about OSes maybe move it to the Databank?
wb21
QUOTE (Wi-Ta @ 11 Jan 2010, 0:22) *
I do not see that this thread do any damage.
So why not let it rest in peace happy.gif

It'd be fine as long as no other adbot/trollbot/scambot makes a similar thread.
Frostyarmy
why didnt this guy just google it huh.gif
Wi-Ta
QUOTE (Zhao @ 25 Jan 2010, 14:21) *
why didnt this guy just google it huh.gif

Because he is bot ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.