Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we get a rough Idea as to when .96 will be out ?
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave
Bob
Just a rough Idea would be great.......

We are looking forward to new release..

Bob
Pickysaurus
The team said they are mostly working on ROTR at the moment, so I'd guess Shockwave is on hold for now...
NergiZed
What picky has said is basically right.

I was under the impression that SW might inch towards 0.96 as RotR goes along full-steam ahead. However, a lot of team member's have seen their free time diminish, so now the entire team is working on RotR.

There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes for RotR. Shockwave on the other hand has been pretty much inactive since IPS switched to working on RotR.

0.96 has unofficially changed from 'soon' to 'on hold' a few months back.
wb21
The team's still busy concentrating and working at RotR, I think that they've temporarily shelved ShW for the moment until they have finished the job. Weasel words aside, it will be out when the team is able do it with enough time and resources -- only time, circumstances and fate will tell.

(I recall correctly on ModDB that one of the team members said that they even had enough a little bit of the mod and decide to full-steam-ahead on RotR.)
GDIZOCOM
If you want an idea you will have to wait.
Bob
What is RotR?
Wi-Ta
QUOTE (Bob @ 21 Feb 2010, 16:27) *
What is RotR?

8Isov.gif RotR
Pickysaurus
I would've done this one personally Wi-Ta

ROTR

^ Mouse over it :3
eric_hein
There really isn't that much to be done to finish Shockwave, is there? Renders of a few new units have been posted (Bullfrog transport, GLA Demo Camel, etc.) so surely they're just sitting on someone's computer waiting to be OK'ed. Other than a few balance tweaks, really all we're waiting for are the AI's for the three new generals. Am I missing anything?

Personally, I'm pretty happy with SW the way it is, but it seems a shame to put it on the back burner when it's so close to being complete.
IonCharge
AFAIK RotR is the main project that SWR are working on at the moment. Work on shockwave will resume when they are content with the state of RotR
NergiZed
QUOTE (eric_hein @ 21 Feb 2010, 14:33) *
There really isn't that much to be done to finish Shockwave, is there? Renders of a few new units have been posted (Bullfrog transport, GLA Demo Camel, etc.) so surely they're just sitting on someone's computer waiting to be OK'ed. Other than a few balance tweaks, really all we're waiting for are the AI's for the three new generals. Am I missing anything?

Personally, I'm pretty happy with SW the way it is, but it seems a shame to put it on the back burner when it's so close to being complete.

Yep, We've got a Dev 0.96 with new AI for the new generals, and improved AI, as well as improved balance with a couple a new units. No massive bugs in there that we've found so far. It's missing the new nuke lord as well as some unannounced units, but for the most part it's there and it's done.

However, Mr.Hunter says 'wait' and he's boss, so that's pretty much all we can do.
Pickysaurus
I suppose it's better to focus on quality rather than just bash out a release because development has dried up.
wb21
Who knows, it might be a decent release and turns out to be a outstanding one when v0.96 is out, given the team enough time to do their job in RotR.
woxenrud
I wish some rich fan could just donate 10000$ so they could hire a guy to finish it
Shock
I wish I could
DELETED MEMBER
QUOTE (woxenrud @ 23 Feb 2010, 11:40) *
I wish some rich fan could just donate 10000$ so they could hire a guy to finish it

IIRC they had Stinger doing it, but he left, then they put i dont remember how because he was quickly moved to help in ROTR

so yeah, if you donate that money to do that, they probably will use it to finnish ROTR first anyway tongue.gif
Erik
SHW 096 is like one of these downloads that go fine till 90% and then go slower and slower until they finally stop at 95% and youre asking "wtf whats up there why doesn't one of them sit down for a day and finish it, its almost done for ages already"
Bob
I have downloaded and played ROTR and it doesn't even compare to Shockwave in my opinion. Am I missing something here?

I would think that ROTR would be on the back burner just due to the comparison between the two. Are they giving ROTR a whole new facelift or something.

(For the record I appreciate everything you guys have done and are doing) Not complaining, Just curious !

By the way is there any other MOD's out there that you guys would recommend, would be greatly appreciated !

Bob
eric_hein
ROTR is still in development, so of course it doesn't compare to Shockwave yet in terms of content or quality. I believe the Russian faction is a good example of what to expect from the whole mod; personally I can't wait to see the EC as well.

I can imagine how the developers would find making brand new factions and units more exciting than finishing up a mod that's almost done. Still sucks for Shockwave, though.

As for other mods, Shockwave is the cream of the crop from what I've tried. Tiberian Dawn Redux is well done, you might enjoy that if you played the original. Mideast Crisis looks interesting as well, though I only saw it on a friend's computer.
Overdose
I suppose I can give you guys a sit rep of the past couple months.

99% of our (their) work effort has been into making the untouched factions playable (This in ROTR obviously). That is well underway and we're actually progressing at a very past pace due to Hunter's dedication.

I believe this was expected however.

Shiro
Expected nothing less of you. I8.gif8I.gif
cryptkeeper
I could use 10 grand xD I'd do it tho I'd need the resources... but I'd code in everything...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.