Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rammstein "public enemy" in Belarus
SWR Productions Forum > Community > General Chat
wb21
Found this on their profile at Facebook, I've read that Rammstein is banned in Russia's neighbor, blocking their Minsk concert, because of the band's apparent themes -- whaddya say?
Swiss (German) article
English article
Dutchygamer
What the hell? Okay, Rammstein has some explicit themes sometimes, but they ain't nazi's >_>
Shock
Europe's last dictatordom strikes again..

..lately he (president Loekasjenko) didn't allow western potatoes to be imported for the people to seed and grow plants from, because it was ''dirty western influence''. I know as we've temporarily had a foster child from the nuclear fallout area in southern Belarus, which makes you see a lot of what they have to put up with. The children love and need this nurture because he apparently doesn't care a ****.

How we even manage to still put up with this douche and his baggy government :/ *rant*
wb21
Lukashenko's indeed has issues with his style of leadership in his country.

WP article
Massey
let me first state. i dont know much about this goverment. but...

QUOTE (Shock @ 23 Feb 2010, 3:19) *
Europe's last dictatordom strikes again..

How we even manage to still put up with this douche and his baggy government :/ *rant*

corret me if im wrong. but in the cold war wasnt the "west" point of view was to let nations have they owen goverment systems and to stop commies goverments starting up?(or taken over)
that i can respect.

but when u say put up with what would u do? or let me re-say that. what's the actual problem? would u invade and spreading democracy?
not that i hate democracy. the best system out there! (i have a vote and say!) my point is... would u spread ur owen system on to someone esle? (hell even hillary clinton openly states the USA/Nato is trying to spread democracy) doesnt that seem to go back on the cold war point of view? let goverments have they owen systems? so ill asks u this..... who is the last dictator?

oh ya.... *rant* tongue.gif
Shock
Simply put because Lukashenko is a prophet of peace, while what those wikipedia articles don't tell you (!) he is an anti-western pro authoritarian dictator who comes up with the silliest of ideas and does very little to actually support his own people. When Hugo Chavez calls Belarus a model state, I know where we're going. Not saying that America didn't bring Chavez' torn on themselves (as they did) but figuring I find that guy a complete fool too.

Also, don't throw Europe and the USA in the same bag. While we are united in NATO and hell, even my own country is (or was tongue.gif) cooperating in a mission in afghanistan, this doesn't mean we (I) walk behind the same prophecy of ''going forward to defend freedom, and all that is just and good on our world'' (revolting Bush quote). It's just that you propose to just ignore what is happening there 'because it is none of your business'. Well sweet hell where is the world gonna get if we start thinking like that.

Trust me, if right wing ideologies (and with that I also mean the expansionist nature of the USA which is wrong) go on to rule this world for another century, I don't know how much progression we will actually make going towards globalism, (if any?).
Massey
QUOTE (Shock @ 24 Feb 2010, 18:47) *
Simply put because Lukashenko is a prophet of peace, while what those wikipedia articles don't tell you (!) he is an anti-western pro authoritarian dictator who comes up with the silliest of ideas and does very little to actually support his own people. When Hugo Chavez calls Belarus a model state, I know where we're going. Not saying that America didn't bring Chavez' torn on themselves (as they did) but figuring I find that guy a complete fool too.

Also, don't throw Europe and the USA in the same bag. While we are united in NATO and hell, even my own country is (or was tongue.gif) cooperating in a mission in afghanistan, this doesn't mean we (I) walk behind the same prophecy of ''going forward to defend freedom, and all that is just and good on our world'' (revolting Bush quote). It's just that you propose to just ignore what is happening there 'because it is none of your business'. Well sweet hell where is the world gonna get if we start thinking like that.

Trust me, if right wing ideologies (and with that I also mean the expansionist nature of the USA which is wrong) go on to rule this world for another century, I don't know how much progression we will actually make going towards globalism, (if any?).

u sir i would love to meet u at a coffee shop and talk about world affairs for a good long afternoon. (i like the way u think )

but i disagree with one thing.
It's just that you propose to just ignore what is happening there 'because it is none of your business'.
no no no i agree that the mission in afgan is a must. (even that it has made some problems like the reintroduction of man sex slaves) but other aparts of the world... USA flag needs to be put up.... i think not.

and ur right. i should not put EU and USA together. but when Nato building 2 new bases on the black sea. makes u think...
Alias
While I completely disagree with censorship, I wouldn't call Rammstein particularly tasteful.
Chyros
I had a Belarusian supervisor once when I did my Bachelor thesis. He was very rude, curt, never satisfied and constantly complained that everything here was worse than it was in Belarus and Russia. And that coupled with their president's notoriety doesn't exactly give way to a whole lot of positive bias tongue.gif . Even though I'm not a Rammstein fan (though I find their music to be quite giggle-inspiring generally) I think this is a typical example of bad propagandistic regimes which have somewhat characterised last fifteen years of foreign policies of certain countries, most notably the US and also obviously Belarus.
Massey
QUOTE (Chyros @ 25 Feb 2010, 1:19) *
I think this is a typical example of bad propagandistic regimes which have somewhat characterised last fifteen years of foreign policies of certain countries, most notably the US and also obviously Belarus.

As a aussie i dont know much about the Europein day to day politic's. but when u say
characterised last fifteen years
and
Belarus
u got me intread or wanting to know more. cause from this aussie point of view the last 20ish years have been about USA or Nato. but that might be a point of view coming from a lack of infomation. Soooooooooo.... maybe one of u EU boys can fill me in on a EU's point of view of Belarus and the last 15 years
wb21
http://www.germany.belembassy.org/de/press...ews__m12=113073

They're now given the green light.
Overdose
Kinda funny the skinheads here use this band to recruit members here. Rock band plus handing out drinks to underage boys... sadly it works. I used to like this band too but now I mostly stay away from it. I have enough labels put on me already. Doesn't help the fact I'm white, bulky and have a buzzcut. My father is a jew too and that makes it ironic.

People just automatically make the worst assumption possible. Its human nature, we can't do anything about it. Some people also say to my face I'm racist because I don't like rap. Who gives a damn about their opinions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.