Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Generation X March Update
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
Zeke

Greetings GenX fans

It's been WAAY too long since our last update so let's cut the small talk and dive right into it smile.gif

NEW PATRIOT MISSILE BATTERY

The Patriot missile has always been the primary air defense missile of the US army. However in recent years the patriot has been modified to also attack ground found following the recent GLA threat.

Even today, patriot missiles are still capable of taking down targets swiftly and precisely. However it's launcher, which was specifically designed to be mobile, simply lacked proper protection from direct attack. On top of this, the patriot still had to be manually reloaded by removing it's expended launch tubes and replacing them with new ones.

The US military needed a more permanent solution, and ZTech Industries seems to have brought exactly that. The new design features a sturdier frame with all it's components hidden inside or under the launcher for better protection. One of the biggest advantages of the new launcher is it's ability to reload itself.

After expending it's current payload it will tilt it's launcher upwards 90 degrees untill the back part of the launcher meets up with the top of the base. New missiles will then be loaded from a secret chamber underground.

Aside from a shiny new model, the patriot also got upgraded internally. It can now target and shoot targets from behind other patriots, making it's assisted targeting ability a hell lot more effective.

The patriot has also received more visuals, shown above is it's new assisted targeting effect.

NEW GLA UNIT VISUALS

The toxin tractor now has proper salvage visuals. The un-upgraded model has 2 tiny toxin barrels, at 1st salvage the barrels get bigger, then at 2nd salvage it gets a third barrel at the back. The barrels also change color depending on the type of toxin.

Next up Thrax's scud launcher

not much to say here, I gave the missiles a new texture that resembles the bio-baikanour rocket from the ZH campaign. I also edited the missile support a bit.

NEW ANTHRAX FIELD VISUALS

"nothing can live beneath my toxin cloud, general" - credits to Ion Cannon for the smoke effects

NEW CYBER ATTACK GEN POWER

It's a replacement for the old EMP bomb for China. I dunno about you guys but the EMP bomb to me seems boring. So I decided to replace it with this:

Basically does the same thing as the EMP bomb, but it's no longer plane dropped, and it disables things continously for a certain period of time meaning while the skull is there anything that enters the field gets disabled.

Well that's it for this month, cya next time smile.gif
Mr.Kim
Very nice~ and awesome. I8.gif

I like new toxin tractor with visual.
Pickysaurus
I like the new Gen Power biggrin.gif
And the Patriot looks cool
Eddnamed
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 17 Mar 2010, 15:55) *
I like the new Gen Power biggrin.gif
And the Patriot looks cool

Must agree.
CANĀ“T WAIT FOR RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GENERATION X ROCKS & RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alias
I hope you realise how much it pisses people off to have to go to an external site to read stuff like this.
Zeke
there was a problem with our image uploader, anyway it's fixed now 8I.gif
R3ven
This mod looks amazing can't wait for its release I8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.