Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Play Shockwave Online
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave
Pages: 1, 2
Shock
Post your Hamachi networks here, so all can enjoy some good games of Shockwave 1.0!

Hamachi Networks

Name: Shockwave Room 1
No Pass

Name:Shockwave Room 2
No Pass

Name:Shockwave Room 3
No Pass

Name: Shockwave Room 4
No Pass

Administrator: Generalcamo, Shock

The Lobby Z
Pass: None
Administrator: Aaron/Zhao

Network: CNCZH_SHOCKWAVE_ONLY
No Pass
Administrator: nonama?

Network: Aliashockwave
No Pass
Administrator: Alias

Tunngle:

In the Zero Hour section, there is a Shockwave Mod network, no password required.

Post your networks below. I will be checking them out in the coming few days and if they appear to be sticking or good places for activity I will add them to the list here.

In the future, we may adopt another network client. If you have a good active Shockwave room in another VPN client like Tunngle, you can share it here too.
GeneralCamo
You can remove the password you know. Right click your channel, click Details, click Access, and uncheck Require password.

Zhaos Room 8, We Play Shockwave, And ROTR if you ask.
No password.
GDIZOCOM
I can't really play ATM but I'm gonna join to be sure.
NoNama
Hamachi Premium Network: Handschar
Pass: - no pass -
GeneralCamo
You aren't taking care of your networks shock.

Shockwave Room 3, No password.

I will make people admins, there only job is to evict inactive members.

Current Admins:
Me
Shock when he gets here (dry.gif, >_>, <_>, >_<)

I will evict offline members to allow others in, do not worry if you find your self kicked.
eric_hein
A note about Hamachi, it seems to keep you online even when you think you've closed it. Make sure you completely exit the Hamachi application when you are done playing.
Alias
Network: Aliashockwave

No pass
Wi-Ta
QUOTE (eric_hein @ 27 Nov 2010, 3:45) *
A note about Hamachi, it seems to keep you online even when you think you've closed it. Make sure you completely exit the Hamachi application when you are done playing.

No No No
Make sure you leave the network when you are done playing.
This way you make the the live easer for the admins to maintain the channels.
Also do you make room/space for other user.

Br
Wi-Ta
GeneralCamo
Currently the two Shockwave Channels are full, could you kick the offline members in there like i'm doing in 3?
eric_hein
QUOTE (eric_hein @ 26 Nov 2010, 20:45) *

QUOTE (Wi-Ta @ 27 Nov 2010, 3:34) *
No No No
Make sure you leave the network when you are done playing.
This way you make the the live easer for the admins to maintain the channels.
Also do you make room/space for other user.

Br
Wi-Ta

See what I mean? It's tricky. Also, when I was checking the rooms last night, it wouldn't give me the option to leave certain networks in the right-click menu. Is this a setting on the network creator's side?
Wi-Ta
QUOTE (eric_hein @ 27 Nov 2010, 17:22) *
Is this a setting on the network creator's side?

Indeed
There is a option for this:
On the LogMeIn web site ->Network -> Configuration

On the bottom you can find:

Network Member Permissions
Can leave network at will

BR
Wi-Ta
GeneralCamo
Zhaos Room 8 Zhao lost control over and is now abandoned.

The Lobby Z,
Admins: Aaron AKA Zhao
No Pass
Rule: please leave when you are done.
NoNama
QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 28 Nov 2010, 0:40) *
Zhaos Room 8 Zhao lost control over and is now abandoned.

The Lobby Z,
Admins: Aaron AKA Zhao
No Pass
Rule: please leave when you are done.

So Aaron & Zhao is same person? nice to know it... LOL
NoNama
Hamachi 2+ is good when you can attach yr network to yr Log Me In account but you can't make admin @ banned people from yr net like you can did it in version 1+...
In Hamachi 2 once you attach yr net, no problem will face to yr net even you format yr PC.
Shock
My networks are attached to my account. However making other people admins and adding network messages ''leave when you are done'' is a premium feature right so I can't do that.

So generalcamo if you wish to be the main host of the other two networks that would be great that way you can assign multiple admins as I currently have to do it all by myself and in the weekends I don't have much computer time. Poke me on Hamachi or via PM.

The networks are cleared now, and I removed the passwords.
GeneralCamo
I use an older version of Hamatchi, so there i can use all of those features.
GeneralCamo
Channel Tranfer Complete:
New rule for 1, 2, 3.
Please LEAVE the channel when you are done to allow others in. Only the admins should stay in the channel.
Angel
Guys, don't f**k brains, let's play in garena. It'so conveniently. It's not need to create millions of networks - just enter in room and play. 255 ppl - it's realy cool.
GeneralCamo
QUOTE (NoNama @ 27 Nov 2010, 20:02) *
Hamachi 2+ is good when you can attach yr network to yr Log Me In account but you can't make admin @ banned people from yr net like you can did it in version 1+...
In Hamachi 2 once you attach yr net, no problem will face to yr net even you format yr PC.

I am a beta tester for Dune: The war for Arrakis and SCUD Storm and by experience, only the older version will work with W3D games (In this case, renegade).
NoNama
QUOTE (Angel @ 28 Nov 2010, 15:59) *
Guys, don't f**k brains, let's play in garena. It'so conveniently. It's not need to create millions of networks - just enter in room and play. 255 ppl - it's realy cool.

SO garena need password and also: this room for play Shockwave only?????
I have premium network in my list such as RED-WAR 1,2,3; zerokral & Hunters Team (5) 2010 but this network when we ask "you have shockwave" the answer is:
" The game balance?
I will download later...
I'm not play mod...
etc "

that mean they not play Shockwave.

But the room list here means when u enter just run Shockwave 1.0 from yr computer... no need to ask ZH @ SW to play.... mindfuck.gif
Angel
Password is absolutely not the problem, especially any program can remember it. When contra typed popularity, it was so hard To place 100-150 persons in the network, which can have 18 persons maximum. There were tens networks. Considering, that in any network much inactive and repeating players, it is necessary to create new and new networks that players from different networks could play. And it's allmost endless. Using garena, all the ppl can be in one room, because 255 ppl - it's more, than enough. Also, connection with garena is better, than with hamachi. It's the best way to check it in my bad internet. Playing in hamachi, I can't recieve maps in in 90 percent of cases/ In garena I CAN recive maps in 90 percent of cases. In 50-60 percent of games in hamachi I can't join the game. In garena I can join in allmost all the games. Also, joined, I never was dropped from game (in hamachi I allways was dropeed fron any game every 30-40 seconds). Come on, guys, it's so simply: download and install this great programm and I promise after few weeks you'll forget about hamachi forever.
NoNama
QUOTE (NoNama @ 26 Nov 2010, 8:16) *
Network: CNCZH_SHOCKWAVE_ONLY
Pass: SHOCKWAVE

No Password....

Password was been removed.
BliTTzZ
A question guys: are you only playing in hamachi networks? Does anyone playing in Garena?
Shock
We're currently quite rusted on Hamachi. The most active community is also centered around The Lobby Z I believe.
Alias
Over the years we've tried many different ways of networking, but we always move back to Hamachi just because of how easy it is.
Wi-Ta
QUOTE (Alias @ 3 Dec 2010, 23:43) *
Over the years we've tried many different ways of networking, but we always move back to Hamachi just because of how easy it is.

Also i like to ad that Hamachi is a workhorse that gets the most out off your DSL connection.
The connection is most off the time stable.
The only crap i have encounterd so far are bad DSL and buddys who use old versions of SW (right IPS? 8Ip.png )
Angel
Just see this great picture. Did you ever see so many ppl in hamachi? This is all contra players. We can create the same shockwave community. Just download garena and enjoy. Room for a game: red alert 3/China net/CNC3 room.
Frostyarmy
Eh i'd love to switch to garena personally but the hassle is a bit annoying , but he is right its a MUCH better alternative.
Angel
Zhao, can you write message about garena in your networks in hamachi?
Shock
I'm willing to give garena a try, but would need someone with more experience to sort it all out. What I have found is that we would pretty much be playing on the same network as contra, as garena only has their own fixed large networks.

The whole hamachi limits are things that are keeping players from finding each other, as evicting everyone when the network is full means they will have to proactively rejoin it everytime they want to play, instead of just being online inside it whenever their PC is online. Garena gives some more oppurtunities to play when you can just be online all the time.

It will require to make a pinned tutorial on the forums as this program is a lot more complicated than Shockwave, but I'd be willing to invest time in a pilot project to see whether the community is up for it.
Legion
To me tunngle is the BEST option

-Its stable
-Have large rooms where meet players (up to 255 members)
-Its easy to use
-Have SHOCKWAVE ROOM !!!!!!

Try, give a chance and see

NoNama
Yes I give u a chance, succesfully install & create account but because it was Beta version so everytime try to login I got this message...

http://alt.tunngle.net/wiki/Error:4-113

It make me sick after 5 hours try to solve the problem.
Not so user friendly software & not luck for me.... sad.gif
NoNama
QUOTE (Zhao @ 5 Dec 2010, 17:54) *
Eh i'd love to switch to garena personally but the hassle is a bit annoying , but he is right its a MUCH better alternative.

Enter the Garena but i'm lost inside it.... dont know how to find player @ room for Zero Hours/Shockwave....
somebody teach me please...
Shock
Because of Generalcamo's unnotified absency the networks are clogged, and fate wanted my client to malfunction to that I had to reinstall, and lost my eviction rights. So I made Shockwave Room 4 for all new players. Hope camo returns soon so we can resolve this situation.

Until then, I urge everyone in the current networks to leave them when they go online.
NoNama
QUOTE (NoNama @ 28 Nov 2010, 5:02) *
Hamachi 2+ is good when you can attach yr network to yr Log Me In account but you can't make admin @ banned people from yr net (to banned people you must make it from yr Log Me In account *if that account no longer as yr original pc you cr8 it*) like you can did it in version 1+...

To evict people from this my network: CNCZH_SHOCKWAVE_ONLY, I must log in to my Log Me In account.... wrist.png

dArCReAvEr
... Just tried it online, for some reason gr won't accept the renamed shw.exe :/
GolDenSW
Lay out the instruction with pictures.
Shock
Garena can just use the Shockwave.exe, doesnt need a specific name, and is a bit more known, so what again are the advantages of gameranger?
dArCReAvEr
QUOTE (Shock @ 19 Jan 2011, 14:42) *
Garena can just use the Shockwave.exe, doesnt need a specific name, and is a bit more known, so what again are the advantages of gameranger?

None, as I said in the edit: gr won't start shockwave even if the things are done. Only works for Rome-Total war mods I suppose :/
So go ahead and write a tutorial and organize something to make it work. Then we can build up a real online community.

EDIT: Just downloaded garena.
add me: darcreaver
GeneralCamo
FINALLY.
I have cleared out the networks. Stupid Internet going offline....

I really do apologize. Shock had a problem with hamachi, and I had a problem with my internet.

Tungle? Good. I better install that.
Casojin
QUOTE (Shock @ 19 Jan 2011, 20:42) *

Confirmed. I have tried with success. I set the game path to shw.exe and launch the program via Garena. My LAN IP is changed to match Garena one but I need my Hamachi to stay offline or the game would use Hamachi IP instead. Though I never see anyone online in there at my usual time. sad.gif
Mernom
how to play on Hamachi?
Frostyarmy
You click join network and then join one of the networks below my Post
Shock
QUOTE (Casojin @ 27 Jan 2011, 3:00) *
Confirmed. I have tried with success. I set the game path to shw.exe and launch the program via Garena. My LAN IP is changed to match Garena one but I need my Hamachi to stay offline or the game would use Hamachi IP instead. Though I never see anyone online in there at my usual time. sad.gif

I can also reveal that if I'd ever do a Shockwave tournament (post-patch) then it would probably go on Garena. It is the best way to push a new platform and it is so much more managable to have every participant in one room that is also better suited for chatting and other features. It would probably also help to get the tournament huge as I expect a large inflow from the Contra playerbase when it is so accessible.

Its not more complicated compared to hamachi if you have to explain both systems to a new player, really.
dArCReAvEr
QUOTE (Shock @ 30 Jan 2011, 11:21) *
I can also reveal that if I'd ever do a Shockwave tournament (post-patch) then it would probably go on Garena. It is the best way to push a new platform and it is so much more managable to have every participant in one room that is also better suited for chatting and other features. It would probably also help to get the tournament huge as I expect a large inflow from the Contra playerbase when it is so accessible.

Its not more complicated compared to hamachi if you have to explain both systems to a new player, really.

I've tried Garena and I think Tunngle is better than garena tbh. At least you got a real shockwave network there for 255 ppl (just as much), networks are easier to find in general and you don't have to do anything besides install and start. Even simpler than hamachi.

btw: We could also use xfire for communication, it's easy to use and gives more options than the limited hamachi chatsystem.
Mernom
what should I do AFTER joining the network?
Zeke
In the options menu, change your LAN IP to your Hamachi IP (the one starting with 5).

After that it's just a matter of waiting for someone to come online, then just ask them for a game. You set it up like any other lan game. (multiplayer > network > create game/join game)
Mernom
I'l try it out.
Mernom
not working.I tried chatting with the members in the SW room,but they don't answer me.
ani8b.gif
Mernom
yeah! finely! I played with zhao 3 times!
first 1 he pownd me,but then,I lernd anti-human tactics and won him 2 times.
(tho I'm not shore he was givin' it all..........)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.