Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cannot find script files
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave > ShockWave Support
jem
i have a start up bug where it says it
failed to copy the file C:\porgram files\ea games\c&c first decade\data\scripts\skirkichscripts.scb to C:\porgram files\ea games\c&c first decade\data\scripts\skirkichscripts.bck (error 3: the system cannot find patch specified)

i have the first decade pack, and i have tryd evrything i saw on the forums, put fake files in (they are already there), rus a s adminestrator. but nothing helps.
Destiny
This is probably the most noob friendly thing I can say:

Uninstall ZH.

Then delete the ZH folder.

Make sure you've deleted the ZH folder.

Reinstall ZH, check if it's 1.4 (I've got 1.0 from TFD, so don't disregard this) and reinstall ShW 1.0.

Also do not put non-SWR mods into the ZH folder. Make a copy instead.
jem
good i will try. the previos time i deinstalled i didn't delete the file.
jem
i got 1.04 from first decade is that the good version? or do i need to find a 1.4

i have done everything you said, and i still have the same problem

edit more:

i deleted first decade, i removed the files, and i remoevd everything on my memory that had anything to do with this game. still the problem sad.gif
Destiny
Hmm, this is quite a problem...maybe one of the more tech-savvy members should pop up here.

*beep beep beep*

I assume you've installed it to the ZH folder and not just spamclicking the installer's next button without choosing \Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour, have you...?
jem
i just installed the defealt place it said, i checked that last time and it seemed good
Pickysaurus
Installing on TFD uses a different file path to Vanilla ZH.
Destiny
To further clarify on what Picky means:

QUOTE (jem @ 10 Mar 2011, 1:59) *
i just installed the defealt place it said, i checked that last time and it seemed good

...well, it's not good. You didn't understand what I said, did you? You are not supposed to spamclick the next button. Do NOT install the mod to the default location it provided you, since you're using TFD. Install it to your \Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquerâ„¢ Generals Zero Hour . Apologies if it sounds hostile, for errors are bound to occur in the transmission of data.
jem
i will check that later, but i think when i checked last time it automatic said first decade place, might be wrong anyways

thanks you guys btw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.