Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Thing
SWR Productions Forum > Community > The Box
MARS
Trailer

So apparently, this one isn't going to be a remake, but a prequel to the classic John Carpenter version - which was actually a remake itself, albeit with a very different style - showing how the Thing was discovered by the Norwegians at the first outpost that's already destroyed at the very start of the old movie. I'm not getting my hopes up particularly high for this movie (gory transformation sequences in physical animation > CGI) but I'll definitely give it a shot.
Jester
It looks ok to me tbh i may go watch it. I havent actually watched the original nor the game(s)?. This is something that is occuring alot recently (Old movies being remade etc) as according to IMDB theres also a new judge dredd movie in the works. But like i said i may check this out. Is it worth watching the original and playing the game btw?
MARS
I haven't seen the original 1951 version, but the 1982 version by John Carpenter is definitely worth watching if you're into dark, gory, grotesque horror movies. It's all done in proper physical animation with no CGI...and it's got Kurt Russell in it. There's a PS2 game that's designed to be a sequel to the Carpenter version, but that one is rather awful; bad graphics, broken gameplay mechanics, technical issues...Here's a brilliant comedy review by the Spoony One from a few years ago which sums it up quite nicely (contains a few spoilers for the Carpenter film).
Jester
Ok thanks slot dude think I will definitely check it out sounds interesting smile.gif
The_Hunter
Oh hell yea this one looks pretty interesting i'v seen the John Carpenter movie and own a copy of it on DVD.
The trailer looks pretty good sofar.

I hope the movie can live up to the quality that trailer just showed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.