Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toggling Supersonic Mode in Aircraft
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
Mcbob
I've just discovered a method to allow the toggling of supersonic mode in aircraft such as the Aurora Bomber with a little outside inspiration from ROTR's ECM Banshee:

Step 1:

Create Supersonic Locomotor and apply the logic to any aircraft

Step 2:

Create a status weapon that deals 0 damage and apply this weapon to the aircraft as you would normally.

Step 3:

Create a command button using fireweapon logic and set it to the weapon slot that matches the slot you put that new weapon in. Allow it toggle one and off. Also, for this weapon, set it to Max Fire as many shots as possible:

Example: MaxShotsToFire = 999999999999

Step 4:

Apply this command button the the command set of the aircraft you are using.

Step 5:

Test aircraft in game by using this command button.

Summary:

Supersonic Logic only activates when an aircraft is attacking. To allow supersonic logic to be toggled at command, one must create a weapon that can be fired constantly to allow the aircraft to believe it is attacking and force supersonic mode until the command is overridden.

Limitations:

Fire Weapon Commands can only be toggled when no other commands are given. This means that if you try to issue a command to the aircraft such as move to a location when it is in supersonic mode, it will cease firing the weapon and revert to normal speed.

Potential Uses:

Allows quick turns and near invincibility when flying in circles.

I just tested this this morning, and it works without any real engine problems.

I can make my aurora bombers fly supersonic on command, but only in circles. I can however modify the locomotor so that the bomber can make pinpoint-quick turns on command.
Sargeant Rho
instead of that MaxShotsToFire thingy, just keep it away and it will fire infinitely.
Shiro
Nice find, but if u use the bike-logic, it works as well. Although I wonder what it would be of use for, since as you already said, infinite supersonic is unfair (and your method would probably force the aircraft to be in air forever without going back to reload the normal weapons).
Mcbob
Bike logic is flawed in that it kills the aircraft if you change riders while the plane is on the airfield.

Also, aircraft ignore the STATUS Weapon I used and return to reload normally as long as the weapon does not have the return_to_base for reload tag and the weapon has infinite ammunition without clips.

The only real use for this is in reconnaissance aircraft because any attack aircraft using this is immensity overpowered in that it can stay in the air invincible until it is ordered to preform another task.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.