Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shock just wont run
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave > ShockWave Support
olie3146
Hi

Running Window 7 64bit

Fresh install of Zero Hour (patched to 1.04)

Installed shockwave (no problems or errors)

I can run the launcher

When I click start the C+C generals Shockwave screen pops up for about 30 seconds and the disappears, leaving me with the launcher screen again

What am I doing wrong? ive uninstalled everything and done a complete fresh install and still it does the same thing

Really love Generals and REALLY want to play this mod so any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks
Olie
Pickysaurus
Have you tried installing outside program files? So in C:\Games for example. This worked for me
Temp
Try to uninstall everything, then go to EA Games and delete ZH and Generals folders from there as well and options.ini in document folder and install again, it should work.
Overdose
Right click the ZH folder make sure 'Read Only' is checked

click the 'advanced' button

Check the first option, press ok

This will get both ShW and ROTR running in Windows 7

Enjoy
z741
i posted this before and ppl look but not answer >_<

ok so shockwave and destructive forces are my fav mods for ZH. When i install both, DF works just fine. but when i launch shockwave it goes, blinks, then flashes back to desktop. i have installed DF it ran perfectly so i uninstalled it then ran shockwave installation and had the problem above. any reason as to why? ive had to reformat my hard drive but it worked fine before that.

running win 7 x64

fresh install

uninstalled n reinstalled

patched to 1.04

ran launcher and same thing

any help would be appreciated because this was one of my fav mods and i plan on trying RotR
Zeke
Did you try the things mentioned above?
z741
QUOTE (Zeke @ 14 Feb 2012, 12:00) *
Did you try the things mentioned above?

yes i did still nothing. i dont get it DF installs like ZH but runs directly off the ZH exe no problem but when i run shockwave it goes blinks then CTDs im at a loss i never had this problem before
Zeke
Just to be clear...

You tried "everything" that was mentioned above?
- Install ZH in a folder other than "Program Files".
- Delete the "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" folder in your "My Documents" folder, then reinstall.
- Right click the ZH folder make sure 'Read Only' is checked. Click the 'advanced' button and check the "Folder is ready for archiving" option.

and it still did not work?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.