Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cluster Missile bug?
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave > Bug Reports
Shockfan42
Hello, i new to this forum, but i played Shocwave sometime. In my opinion is the best mod in my computer. But another day, played whit my dude a skirmish for LAN, in a map of Tournament some, in a duel Infantry Vs Armor. I play Ironside, and build the Cluster Missile, and launch at a defense group. For my surprise the missiles not detonate, and for 3 times more again not detonate, but i launched it. More late player vs the computer in the same map, and another more of Tournaments, sometimes not detonate the superweapon. It is a bug error or is for other cause?
PDT: Excuse me, my english is in low resolution.
Shockwavelover84
QUOTE (Shockfan42 @ 5 Feb 2012, 17:01) *
Hello, i new to this forum, but i played Shocwave sometime. In my opinion is the best mod in my computer. But another day, played whit my dude a skirmish for LAN, in a map of Tournament some, in a duel Infantry Vs Armor. I play Ironside, and build the Cluster Missile, and launch at a defense group. For my surprise the missiles not detonate, and for 3 times more again not detonate, but i launched it. More late player vs the computer in the same map, and another more of Tournaments, sometimes not detonate the superweapon. It is a bug error or is for other cause?
PDT: Excuse me, my english is in low resolution.

I have never seen that - what happened when it didn't detonate? The missile just hit but there was no explosion and no damage?

Afterthought - Maybe the missile got destroyed by the AA defenses? I've never seen this happen with a Super Weapon, but I know that with regular artillery (ex. Scud Launcher, Tomahawk) that the missiles can be destroyed before they hit the target if they absorb enough AA fire.
Shiro
Superweapons are always unstoppable once they are fired (except for a Particle Cannon obviously when you destroy it while it fires) because otherwise they would be entirely pointless if they could be intercepted so easily.
Shockfan42
In this case, the cluster missile is fired, but no detonation, no fall of missile, really nothing. But the time of superweapon reset. The maps are Tournamet lake and Tournament City, but in other maps the missile work. Defenses not are the problem, i launch the missile al center of the base, without defenses, too in the defenses and a part free of constructions of the map, and nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.