Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds Update: The Eyes of the Dragon
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
Pages: 1, 2
MARS

During its deployment to Germany in the midst of the GLA insurrection of 2028, one of the most glaring weaknesses of the People's Army became apparent: The GLA's widespread use of explosive traps and tunnel tactics took a heavy toll on the Chinese infantry and tank formations as they were not sufficiently equipped to spot hidden threats before it was too late. This inability to combat a cunning guerilla adversary culminated in the wholesale destruction Coburg, a town in northern Bavaria whose history dated back to the 11th century. The occupation of the city held little strategic benefit, but it gave birth to an infamous, award-winning press photo that depicted a group of burly GLA warriors erecting a crude scimitar-shaped victory monument in front of the historical timber-frame houses, which many regarded as an omen for the immediate collapse of Western civilisation. The Chinese forces soon subverted this insulting display of power, bombarded the city with Inferno Cannons and raised the Red Flag above its charred ruins. After the war, the PLA went out of its way to develop better tools for IED detection and counter-guerilla operations. The Forward Recon Kit was regarded as the most promising and cost-effective project. It provides the ever-reliable Troop Crawler with a large dish capable of scanning far into unknown territory with a powerful, highly concentrated probing beam. In addition, the vehicle is equipped with reactive armour to protect the passenger compartment from attacks, increasing the overall survivability of the Crawler in a hostile environment. Due to the added weight and power consumption, the Forward Recon Kit cannot be mounted alongside the external loudspeakers though.

When a new generation of political leaders assumed control over the Chinese government in the wake of the 2018 Taiwan Conflict, one of the many pillars of the much acclaimed Modern Way programme was an increased cooperation with China's northern neighbour Mongolia. The ancient steppe nation was rich with minerals and would prove to be a useful partner in the ongoing effort to contain the expansion of the Gobi Desert. Over the course of many years, the friendship and interconnection between Beijing and Ulaanbaatar grew, eventually resulting in the latter's peaceful integration into China's Inner Mongolia as part of the GAPA agreement of 2031. While still regarded as an annexation by international law, the Autonomous Region of Greater Mongolia was granted a very large margin of independence with respect to its ancestral heritage and benefited from the export capacities and the military protection of the People's Republic. As a trade-off, China now shared an extensive border with the Russian Federation, a former strategic partner who had turned into an audacious competitor under the leadership of Nikolai Suvorov, who snubbed the Party government with his claim that Russia would rather return to global prominence of its own accord and independently. As a result, increased border security and surveillance became a necessity. The Chinese air force subsequently acquired an entire fleet of planes that were equipped with sophisticated radar systems, high-resolution cameras and electronic missile jammers. Upon construction of an Airfield, all Chinese commanders will be able to requisition one of these espionage planes, which will then perform several recon runs over a large area.

DELETED MEMBER
nice, spies planes, just more of little nostalgia tongue.gif
SpiralSpectre
Gawd Recon Kit should be useful... like lifesaver useful. So does this function the same way as GLA's Radar Van's scans in-game?

BTW also love the looks of the new armour. Those "tusks" in front of the crawler are total beauty.

So how does the Spy Plane power work? Same as that one from RA2? I assume they can detect stealth? Is that part with ECM missile jammer storyline fluff or is it in? Love that little "hood" on it's back.

The lore part has been pretty enjoyable. Finally we once again get to hear more about those GLA monuments that were talked about a lot before. I chuckled reading the incident gave birth to a award winning press photo. A historical city in Bavaria... you guys sure chose a very fitting place for the whole incident.

Interesting take on Mongolia's alliance and integration into China. Surprised to hear about Mongolia's large margin of independence but that's nice and is always nice to hear. Now we know a bit more of how China eventually antagonised their once strategic ally Russia. Looks like the whole process developed in a slow and steady curve and feels quite believable. Great job on that. BTW got to say I kinda admire Suvorov for his decisions.
Darkfire Angel
Pleasant surprise is pleasant smile.gif

Loving the lore that you guys come up with. So much better justifications for units than most mods.

Wondering when the cries of "OMG America is even less high tech and still has no scouting ability!!!!" appear
SpiralSpectre
QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 19 Aug 2012, 17:26) *

Loving the lore that you guys come up with. So much better justifications for units than most mods.

Wondering when the cries of "OMG America is even less high tech and still has no scouting ability!!!!" appear

The cry has already been there for a while now. But last we heard US is indeed going to get better at scouting. Like the CIA gen power is not going to remain a rank 5 gen power anymore and will be integrated in the US tech tree. So no prob.
Nonchalant General
Yes!!! biggrin.gif Finally something in the "middle" aside from gatling cannons on Overlords or weak observation vans for China to detect stealth. Would be very useful against rebel infiltration and Jarmen Kell.
The spy plane is excellent, great attention to details as always. Teally looks like a US "Hawkeye", but I suppose all recon planes has a giant dish mounted on the fuselage, like EC-8. So, how does it function like, similar to general powers, Does it have a long cooldown time? If it is called in like a general power, then it could be shot down by heavy anti-air, kinda risky to send it to scout an enemy base.

Gotta love the lore part, now I want to play the Zero Hour Chinese campaign mission 3 again, just for a nice refresh. It is rather hard to believe that Mongolia would be granted independence with respect to ancient heritage, doesn't look like the present situation. Well, we can only hope for the better.
scorpio
the spy plane looks really cool! i love it!
Nemanja
I love how now Airfields will have secondary role besides hosting fighter jets,
Spy Plane reminds me on one from Yuri's Revenge.
+
I love how updates now come on each 6 instead of 7 days smile.gif
DELETED MEMBER
QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 19 Aug 2012, 13:18) *
BTW also love the looks of the new armour. Those "tusks" in front of the crawler are total beauty.

no i want them red colored
aeroth
Carmaggedon
Panzer4life
Love the update, and the lore about Mongolia peacefully integrating with China is a nice touch. However, are we going to see a Chinese invasion into Siberian Russia?
Casojin
QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 19 Aug 2012, 18:18) *
Gawd Recon Kit should be useful... like lifesaver useful. So does this function the same way as GLA's Radar Van's scans in-game?

The kit boosts detection range and improves the crawler armor, it also adds scan area ability (similar to ShW sentry drone ability).

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 19 Aug 2012, 18:18) *
So how does the Spy Plane power work? Same as that one from RA2? I assume they can detect stealth? Is that part with ECM missile jammer storyline fluff or is it in? Love that little "hood" on it's back.

It flies toward the target and circles the area for some time. It also detects stealth.
Knjaz.
Niice.

Two questions, though.

Will the amount of available spy planes increase with the amount of airfields built?

And... will China keep it's global recon general power?
GeneralCamo
I can tell you right now that there will only be one spy plane, ever, per player. Otherwise it would be seriously OP. And I think it is also an engine limitation IIRC.
Massey
dare i say 2? or 1 updates to go?

8chi.png
Pickysaurus
QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 19 Aug 2012, 17:51) *
Niice.

Two questions, though.

Will the amount of available spy planes increase with the amount of airfields built?

I doubt it. I haven't properly tested it but it seems unlikely. The ability is very much like Russia's Recon missile. A recently fixed bug allowed two to exist if the first did not correctly leave the airspace before another came along, so by design I'd say only one at a time.
Massey
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 20 Aug 2012, 7:57) *
I doubt it. I haven't properly tested it but it seems unlikely. The ability is very much like Russia's Recon missile. A recently fixed bug allowed two to exist if the first did not correctly leave the airspace before another came along, so by design I'd say only one at a time.

does that mean you get a "error" message saying the airspace is not clear or something?

8chi.png
DELETED MEMBER
QUOTE (Massey @ 19 Aug 2012, 23:52) *
dare i say 2? or 1 updates to go?

8chi.png

if i remember right what mars said, its one more update and then release
__CrUsHeR
Another update, I feel that this closer the launch.

I loved the story is mainly because of interesting points about the past of China in the conflict against the GLA, is what comes to updating this had questioned one day ago, questions about geographic locations, this updating was very satisfactory at this point detailing events in a specific place facilitating the comprehension of all, thanks for the beautiful story that makes me wonder a little about the war itself.

The technologies available to China to detect their enemies are very welcome, now I can reveal the tricks of my enemies as the Nproject with my spy plane.
Panzer4life
Yeah, it is confirmed that there is one more update before the release of 7.2. I remeber asking MARs it before on the last update, and he said yes. Also, next update is a Russian update, time to see what the Sentinel now has.
BLGMGL
WTF? Mongolia peacefully integrating into China? Never in my life! screwyou.gif We Mongols would rather stick to Russia just like we did in early 20th century when we restored our independence from Manchu Empire (read Qing Dynasty). mindfuck.gif

BTW, that would be a good story development. Since Russia was always interested in keeping some buffer zone like Mongolia between itself and China, next thing Russia could attempt is to "liberate" Mongolia from China thus sparkling direct conflict between Russia and China. Or there also could be some rebellion inside Mongolia against Chinese rule supported by GLA (however, in Mongolia GLA would not receive much support I believe).

I know it's just a game and I tried to stay out of politics. So don't blame me! serious.gif
Silverbullet
Yeah..these models are very nice
SpiralSpectre
QUOTE (Kirasama @ 19 Aug 2012, 19:15) *

no i want them red colored

You know maybe they would look even more badass if they were red. But coloring all the tusks red probably wouldn't match the entire vehicle which doesn't have that much red in it otherwise. Decisions, decisions. sleep.gif
QUOTE (blgmgl @ 20 Aug 2012, 8:06) *
WTF? Mongolia peacefully integrating into China? Never in my life! screwyou.gif We Mongols would rather stick to Russia just like we did in early 20th century when we restored our independence from Manchu Empire (read Qing Dynasty). mindfuck.gif

BTW, that would be a good story development. Since Russia was always interested in keeping some buffer zone like Mongolia between itself and China, next thing Russia could attempt is to "liberate" Mongolia from China thus sparkling direct conflict between Russia and China. Or there also could be some rebellion inside Mongolia against Chinese rule supported by GLA (however, in Mongolia GLA would not receive much support I believe).

I know it's just a game and I tried to stay out of politics. So don't blame me! serious.gif

Yeah that part of the story is indeed surprising but maybe Mongolia agreed to integrate cause China has been surprisingly nice with them. While after the ZH events and specially after forming of GAPA, China also managed to establish themselves as unrivaled superpower in Central, South and South-East Asia. All of these had their effects I guess. Ofc maybe I didn't find this that surprising cause Mongolia's integration was already mentioned in the forums earlier.

Anyway in ROTR timeline Mongolia would think twice before going with Russia. It has been already mentioned earlier that Russia absolutely assimilated a good amount of their newly acquired territory in the ROTR continuity and have been quite aggressive with their policies. It's likely that one of the key reasons why the GLA managed to root out Russia so easily from their African territories was that the locals didn't like the Russians at all. It's difficult to rely on someone like that and march for independence while you already have a large margin of independence (again, yes that sounds surprising).

Again it has been mentioned Russia didn't really want to go into conflict with the other superpowers. The others gradually antagonised Russia and pushed them into a corner and ultimately Russia had little choice left other than declaring war on Europe. So a bit unlikely Russia would spark the direct conflict with China by trying to "liberate" Mongolia. It's rather the opposite way - China has already been overly anxious about the safety of the ethnic Chinese in Eastern Russia. They even have their Secret Police's head stationed near there. Yeah that sounds really sweet int he outside but it's so very likely they're secretly stirring up the commotion between native Russians and ethnic Chinese to get Russia into more trouble.

On top of everything - there is always the secret police to deal with possible Russian activity in Mongolia and some kinda rebellion. 8I.gif

P.S. - Just wondering, I am not that familiar with modding world but has there ever been a mod story in history that has been discussed this thoroughly? ROTR even makes the original ZH story sound far more sensible, something EA probably never planned/bothered it to be.
Serialkillerwhale
QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 19 Aug 2012, 4:26) *

OMG America is even less high tech and still has no scouting ability!!!!

happy now?
__CrUsHeR
To say that the unification of the peoples within the Chinese territory and its surroundings is something impossible is not very wise in the Generals universe. From the beginning of the series Beijing has been fighting aggressively against any outbreak revolting within its own territory and investing heavily in a subliminal patriotic campaign in Rise of the Reds can observe that General Chen became not only a great commander but also one national hero with films in which the protagonist defending the motherland against the GLA and General Jin with his mega secret police apparatus can finish the task of pacification and union people at the same time it conveys the feeling of security for their own population watching the edge of the border with Russia.

China in Rise of the Reds is a unified mega power for me is the faction with the best story so far, but the history between Russia and the European Alliance promises.
Serialkillerwhale
When i play CnCGZH i saw china as the real villain, GLA was made by someone who knew this, hence the nuke in beijing.
But later, the group scattered and deathstrike, a actual islamic extremeist took over, and you know the rest.
__CrUsHeR
QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 20 Aug 2012, 6:51) *
When i play CnCGZH i saw china as the real villain, GLA was made by someone who knew this, hence the nuke in beijing.
But later, the group scattered and deathstrike, a actual islamic extremeist took over, and you know the rest.

As you said yourself the Deathstrike was a religious fanatic who led an army, so fanatical about to attack the heart of Beijing with a nuclear weapon, after this attack all the measures taken by China against the GLA are desperate to eradicate a monstrous army terrorist in its territory, I find it hard to say that China has behaved like the villain of the story and this term does not make much sense when it comes to strategical interests.
MARS
I wasn't around yesterday, so here's a rather lengthy breakdown of several points.

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 19 Aug 2012, 13:18) *

The lore part has been pretty enjoyable. Finally we once again get to hear more about those GLA monuments that were talked about a lot before. I chuckled reading the incident gave birth to a award winning press photo. A historical city in Bavaria... you guys sure chose a very fitting place for the whole incident.

The Crawler scan is technically an 'artillery' in the sense that it 'fires' a long range beam at a target area, which is subsequently revealed for as long as the Crawler keeps scanning that part, allowing you to reveal a certain area permanently.
The moment you build an Airfield, it comes with a support power (called in just like a general power) which flies in, sweeps across the selected area several times and reveals things. As far as I remember, it does have a missile jammer.

By the way, the ideas for these two additions actually came by accident if you will: The Hunter and I were playing a game on Swiss Mountain, but instead of a serious PvP (which I just plain suck at), we set this up like a mission: He was playing as the GLA and spread across the entire map, making absurd use of tunnels, stealth and traps on a map that HEAVILY favours the GLA in such a context while I was playing as China and tried to just root him out. What followed was a three hour slog where he decimated every single one of my attack forces, sent rebel ambushes to capture my stuff and I literally had to resort to annihilating entire areas, including whole villages, with Nuke Cannons and Hans. After that, we both came to the conclusion that China -was- heavily lacking in the stealth detection department and that the sluggish Crawler simply wasn't suited to respond quickly, so we added these two features to give China some more immediate detection methods.

As for the story, it was actually the original ZH campaign which placed this particular incident in Coburg, so I just grabbed the detail and ran with it. EA obviously didn't put that much thought into it and put some GLA monuments on that map, but I recognise my exploitable metaphors when I see them, so that's how we got there.

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 19 Aug 2012, 16:06) *
Love the update, and the lore about Mongolia peacefully integrating with China is a nice touch. However, are we going to see a Chinese invasion into Siberian Russia?

Not yet sure whether they are going to do that at some point, but they do have the necessary land border now.

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 19 Aug 2012, 18:51) *
Niice.
Two questions, though.

Regardless of how many Airfields you build, you only get one power.
And yes, these are just additions, they do not replace anything.

QUOTE (blgmgl @ 20 Aug 2012, 4:06) *

Fair point, but remember that this is a distant, futuristic storyline that may develop in ways that wouldn't necessarily seem plausible today. We're not going for realism, but interesting scenarios: A peaceful integration of Mongolia into China may seem unlikely to us today, but as a story bit that explains why China found it necessary to order a ton of AWACS planes, it should be a lot more interesting than the usual "hardware X was no longer up to date / faction Y started an arms race" kind of justification you see with many mods that try to have a trace of a story. What we do try however is to maintain a degree of internal consistency with our story, meaning that while not exactly realistic according to RL, it's still plausible within the confines of the game's setting and that's what matters.

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 20 Aug 2012, 5:52) *
Yeah that part of the story is indeed surprising but maybe Mongolia agreed to integrate cause China has been surprisingly nice with them. While after the ZH events and specially after forming of GAPA, China also managed to establish themselves as unrivaled superpower in Central, South and South-East Asia. All of these had their effects I guess. Ofc maybe I didn't find this that surprising cause Mongolia's integration was already mentioned in the forums earlier.

P.S. - Just wondering, I am not that familiar with modding world but has there ever been a mod story in history that has been discussed this thoroughly? ROTR even makes the original ZH story sound far more sensible, something EA probably never planned/bothered it to be.

Exactly. The Mongolian situation was first implied in the Meet Jin/Jammer Tower update where it had the revised map of East Asia. The moment we posted that, it became canon and in some cases, we do decide to return to such one-shot details and develop them further in render descriptions rather than full story updates.

And yes, I do not recall a whole lot of other mods that develop their settings and scenarios in such a way. For one, I generally try to be sufficiently explicit about locations and timespans: Important events have proper dates to establish a chronological order and we refer to actual countries by name rather than making liberal use of vague catch-all terms. And then there's also the thing about having two narrative styles: Some updates are written with an impersonal, omniscient narration in order to give a broad insight into things that ma have happened over the span of several years (e.g. The East is Red) while others use a more personal style and describe situations as they happen (e.g. The only Easy Day was Yesterday; one of my personal favourites because I felt that the story portion turned out really well if I may say so)

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 20 Aug 2012, 6:31) *
China in Rise of the Reds is a unified mega power for me is the faction with the best story so far, but the history between Russia and the European Alliance promises.

Right now, the global perspective of Gens/ZH/the aftermath and the interwar period is pretty much exhausted and well-covered as far as our story is concerned. From now on, you will be seeing A LOT of stuff that is either directly connected to the Russo-European War or the actual development of the ECA after ZH.
Nonchalant General
[quote name='MARS' date='20 Aug 2012, 13:08' post='45106']

Not yet sure whether they are going to do that at some point, but they do have the necessary land border now.

Well, I think if that actually happens, we would have the most epic tank battles in history, maybe beating the Battle of Kursk in terms of scale.
Consider this:
1.I saw something on General Chen's MTG in the previous updates, the description said that he would be in charge to lead the Red Army into Siberia should China decided to join the war.
2.The large plains in the Far East and Mongolia provides the best terrain for large scale armor combat.
3. Russia is already renowned for its tank armada.
So...

Can't wait for a map like that laugh.gif
BLGMGL
QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 20 Aug 2012, 11:52) *
... On top of everything - there is always the secret police to deal with possible Russian activity in Mongolia and some kinda rebellion. 8I.gif

Shhhh, do not reveal me to Chinese imperialists! dry.gif
CoLT
What is the spy plane model based on? Kinda looks like a C-5 Galaxy with Props instead of jets.
Casojin
I think it is based on this with props instead of jets.
Serialkillerwhale
Regardless of how many Airfields you build, you only get one power.
And yes, these are just additions, they do not replace anything.
'

Wut?

first you make us pay for satelite scans and remove our spy drone stealth, now you give the blundering oath more tools to see the battlefield than us?
/indigantrage

ok RP aside, this kinda ruins the whole "brute force" theme of china, they're supposed to be a blunt cudgel compared to the GLA being a dagger in the back and US being a rapier with deadly prescion, so yeah not sure how it balanced out now
MARS
Pay attention. The Spy Plane and the Recon Crawler will be the main methods of stealth detection for all Chinese factions whereas the Radio Intercepts which reveal all enemy units for a moment will later be exclusive to Secret Police, so that one's out of the equation right away. Fact is, there's a difference between a faction not being exactly good at something and being downright crippled. Before these changes were put into place, China was the second with units constantly having to wait for those sluggish Crawlers to move up so they don't get blown to shit by hidden traps; brute force still has to remain manageable, otherwise it will be wholly unappealing to play as. Secondly, the US Sat Scan may require a Gen-Point, but once the Generals are in, that unlock will compare a lot more favourable; right now, it is admittedly outshined by all the awesome explodey powers and unit unlocks you might as well get, but later on, it should be a lot more worthwhile by comparison. Also, perhaps you haven't caught that yet, but the CIA Intelligence power will later cease to be a rank 5 power; it'll be part of a mechanic that allows the US to get the same effect WITHOUT spending a point to unlock it, giving them recon potential across ALL subfactions that won't be quite as easily available to others.
Serialkillerwhale
QUOTE (MARS @ 20 Aug 2012, 0:38) *
Pay attention. The Spy Plane and the Recon Crawler will be the main methods of stealth detection for all Chinese factions whereas the Radio Intercepts which reveal all enemy units for a moment will later be exclusive to Secret Police, so that one's out of the equation right away. Fact is, there's a difference between a faction not being exactly good at something and being downright crippled. Before these changes were put into place, China was the second with units constantly having to wait for those sluggish Crawlers to move up so they don't get blown to shit by hidden traps; brute force still has to remain manageable, otherwise it will be wholly unappealing to play as. Secondly, the US Sat Scan may require a Gen-Point, but once the Generals are in, that unlock will compare a lot more favourable; right now, it is admittedly outshined by all the awesome explodey powers and unit unlocks you might as well get, but later on, it should be a lot more worthwhile by comparison. Also, perhaps you haven't caught that yet, but the CIA Intelligence power will later cease to be a rank 5 power; it'll be part of a mechanic that allows the US to get the same effect WITHOUT spending a point to unlock it, giving them recon potential across ALL subfactions that won't be quite as easily available to others.

Most of that was just sarcasm, but the fact that the intercept is a one person power seems to change things abit,
personally it's mostly because my tactic used to be *build spy drone network and use airstrikes to cripple attack forces before they come into my defenses* which i'll have to change, the biggest thing however is that the plane seems to be a rather annoying power to have to deal with, long term detection might seem balanced right now but i'm seeing people abuse it as a excuse for slapping it into the enemy base,

i'm hoping it would be only usable if theres already units there or something but thats just me wanting to run circles around china all the time.
Dangerman
Nice update, does this mean that since it was released on Sunday rather than on Monday compared to the last few mean that the release is quite close?. Also regarding the Recon Kit (also applies to the propoganda upgrade as well), will it also be able to have it upgraded on Chen's Assault Crawler?
Knjaz.
QUOTE (MARS @ 20 Aug 2012, 10:38) *
whereas the Radio Intercepts which reveal all enemy units for a moment will later be exclusive to Secret Police, so that one's out of the equation right away.

Ehh, I saw this coming.

Too good for a brute-force oriented faction.
SpiralSpectre
Talking about brute force, right now Russia is the real/better brute force faction in the mod. Anyway the way I see it - from how things stand right now, after the gens are implemented all factions will have a "brute" general who forces with power and takes the fight to the opponent, a "shiny" general who uses an array of exotic weapons and/or methods to deal with the opponent and a "sneaky" general who likes to sneak around, flank enemies and/or spy on the opponent.

US :
Brute - Bradley, Shiny - Griffon, Sneaky - Thorns

China :
Brute - Chen, Shiny - Mau, Sneaky - Jin

GLA :
Brute - Sulaymaan, Shiny - Ibrahiim, Sneaky - Yuusuf

Russia :
Brute - Zhukov, Shiny - Aleksander, Sneaky - Orlov

ECA :
Brute - Wolfgang, Shiny - Willem, Sneaky - Charles

Charles doesn't fit well but he is still fond of indirect warefare with artillery rather than facing the enemy head on.

In other terms, brute is the "warrior", shiny is the "mage", sneaky is the "rougue". ani8b.gif
IPS
because heavy artillery is so very sneaky and concrete very shiny XD
I guess you can not REALLY fit all the generals in this kind of pattern

also Zhukov rivals on the mage position of Aleksander, since he'll make masses of enemies just disappear I8.gif
SpiralSpectre
^Oh that. Willem's method is exotic since he is the only gen who can win the game with defensive tactics alone. That and cause he will use a wide array of defenses unlike any other gen.

And yeah Charles doesn't want to fit. Tbh the original alpha gens fit in okay. Maybe EA's original idea was something like that before they swapped it by making US completely shiny, China completely brutish and GLA completely sneaky.
aeroth
QUOTE (IPS @ 20 Aug 2012, 18:28) *
also Zhukov rivals on the mage position of Aleksander, since he'll make masses of enemies just disappear I8.gif

rofl mages don't make people disappear :-j lvl barbarians do that with an 2d12 greataxe. If they hit you you explode

Ontopic (kinda): It would be nice if zhukov is the artilery of russia they are kinda "melee" with all the mighty tanks. Or he can be something different anything different.

Like:
Spetnaz => mobility
tesla => firepower
and this zhukov => the logic would be armor but i will say.....ranged FIREPOWER muhahaha
aeroth
QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 20 Aug 2012, 17:48) *
In other terms, brute is the "warrior", shiny is the "mage", sneaky is the "rougue". ani8b.gif

Well rogues wipe mages and all cloth chars, mages beat warriors because too much escape and cc, and warriors wipe rogues because of armor...
That makes sense now.
Dangerman
QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 20 Aug 2012, 16:48) *
Talking about brute force, right now Russia is the real/better brute force faction in the mod. Anyway the way I see it - from how things stand right now, after the gens are implemented all factions will have a "brute" general who forces with power and takes the fight to the opponent, a "shiny" general who uses an array of exotic weapons and/or methods to deal with the opponent and a "sneaky" general who likes to sneak around, flank enemies and/or spy on the opponent.

US :
Brute - Bradley, Shiny - Griffon, Sneaky - Thorns

China :
Brute - Chen, Shiny - Mau, Sneaky - Jin

GLA :
Brute - Sulaymaan, Shiny - Ibrahiim, Sneaky - Yuusuf

Russia :
Brute - Zhukov, Shiny - Aleksander, Sneaky - Orlov

ECA :
Brute - Wolfgang, Shiny - Willem, Sneaky - Charles

Charles doesn't fit well but he is still fond of indirect warefare with artillery rather than facing the enemy head on.

I'd swap Wilem with Charles around; since Wilem's got those Bunker Complexs and his MTG card described his ambushes I'd think that'd fit him in the 'sneaky' grouping (not sneaky ala GLA but seems more Subersive/Gurellia than the other two). Though otherwise I'd agree fully IMO.
BLGMGL
QUOTE (Nonchalant General @ 20 Aug 2012, 13:34) *
..The large plains in the Far East and Mongolia provides the best terrain for large scale armor combat.
Can't wait for a map like that laugh.gif

May be I will try to do this... I'm not a mapper at all, so don't expect much! rolleyes.gif
SpiralSpectre
Wouldn't a large plains map feel a bit... too simple, flat and boring?
BLGMGL
May be... until epic/grand/huge/unbelievable tank battle begins... mindfuck.gif
Serialkillerwhale
I'd say that the great shield would be a better map.
BLGMGL
I think China has already more than enough map revealing abilities with Satellite Hack, Enemy Communication Interception, Spy Plane and Listening Outpost. USA is jealous! shit.gif
Knjaz.
QUOTE (blgmgl @ 25 Oct 2012, 13:00) *
I think China has already more than enough map revealing abilities with Satellite Hack, Enemy Communication Interception, Spy Plane and Listening Outpost. USA is jealous! shit.gif

P.S. Although I do agree that China has best situational awareness in game, combined with AA penetration capabilities, but, maybe, create a different thread for that? It's a 2 month old update...
SpiralSpectre
QUOTE (blgmgl @ 25 Oct 2012, 16:00) *

*scratches head* pretty sure this is a joke or something. But just in case you are somehow serious then maybe you somehow missed this,
QUOTE (MARS @ 20 Aug 2012, 13:38) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.