Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds Release: Version 1.72
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The_Hunter

Hello Reds fans!
It's been a while since our last update but the wait is finally over: The new version is here!
Now, I could blabber on about some random stuff but I don't think that's something you guys care much about anyway, so let's head on to the features list right away:

Version 1.72 includes a wide range of new additions such as...

- Elite Navy SEAL frogmen, Guided Howitzers, mobile Field Hospitals and high-tech WASP Hives for the USA

- Heavily armed Mil Mi-40 Hunchback gunships and Sentinel Arena systems for the Russian Federation

- Covert GPS Scrambler Stations, fast Mortar Buggies and lethal Gazelle Toxin Sprayers for the GLA

- Zealous Volunteer Squads, fiery Pyro Technicians and powerful Nukeneer artillerymen for China

- Various model updates, including new strategic air assets for China and the unparalleled AC-17 for the USA

- A slight revision to the tech tier system that should allow for more tactical variety in the early game phase

- The Limit Superweapons option has been replaced with a more practical No Superweapons option

- Several bug fixes and balance changes (such as for the nigh-infamous GLA Grad)

- Completely revamped AI settings for an even greater challenge

- Various new and improved sound and special effects

- Additional Download - A map pack including over 120+ new maps

We also have new techtree posters for all existing factions available for you guys. You can grab the high-res versions of these from our download page.

Also, while all of you are waiting for the download to finish, you can check out the final 1.72 changelog here

Claine
OMG nice release include the GLA posters i waited for so long... THANK YOU SO MUCH SWR TEAM....
SpiralSpectre
Hell yeah!!!!!!

See ya all later.
wb21
Vperyoooooooooood!!! 8Isov.gif

Well done guys...gonna try this one tonight.
Darkfire Angel
At last, now I have something to tear me away from Borderlands 2 for a bit.

Well done to the team.
Lobo Solitario
Hurrah, that's some great work smile.gif
GuardianTempest
Huh, I was expecting some ECA featuring. Good, because if you did, I'd be too shocked to post.

Alright, time to dive in!
Alias
Have fun, everyone. I8.gif
SPS Barbarossa
Nice work, i'm sure this will keep us sweet until the release of 1.8.
I hope those anboys on moddb are satisfied now.
Nemanja
NergiZed
And now we blitz towards 1.8. I8.gif

Happy Commanding and Conquoring gents.
Knjaz.
Holy F***.

I personally thought it won't happen this week. biggrin.gif
And here I wanted to go to sleep earlier, today...

- The Limit Superweapons option has been replaced with a more practical No Superweapons option

Goooood one.

but, is there a possibility to have both? (i.e. limited SW and no SW, together with unrestricted SW)?
Evan
QUOTE (Stubbornpony @ 1 Oct 2012, 7:30) *
Nice work, i'm sure this will keep us sweet until the release of 1.8.
I hope those anboys on moddb are satisfied now.

They...are not. sad.gif
Panzer4life
QUOTE (Evan @ 1 Oct 2012, 11:49) *
They...are not. sad.gif

Are you kidding me?! This version is freaking epic, i love the new units, shell craters, sounds, it is so good. Favorite unit for now is the Chinese nukeaneers (is that right), those men can put a world of hurt onto the enemy. Now question, how do i get to play on the naval maps without my computer going to a crawl? I really look forward to the unique naval units of the future, so i hope to be able to play on the naval maps. Does anyone have an idea on how to play these maps without reducing the graphic qualities, thanks.
Also, nice job SWR, look forward to 1.8.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (simeon5541 @ 1 Oct 2012, 17:37) *

Anubis
Well this was both long expected and especially unexpected tongue.gif. Time to play. And now, let the ECA updates begin tongue.gif.
Knjaz.
Finished reading changelog, got few questions, regarding Russia.

-Golem cannon damage against infantry reduced by 75%

Is that all? I mean it's the only nerf Golem received?

(If it's not, are there any other unlisted changes/features?

-Sentinel will now self repair over time

At what rate? How does it compare to MTP repair rate? How does it compare to (upgraded) Propaganda tower effect from units?

P.S. New Sentinels, when playing against GLA, are completely opposite of what they were in 1.7.0. Back then they were almost trash, now they're epic.

+, Arena graphics (and Missile pod flame damage graphics as well) make the battle look so much more intense...
wb21
Just went through a couple of matches, good one as always, gonna play some more (Hunchback's voice sounded like Arnold though 8Ip.png)

Heads up though, gonna report this one - game crashed at Killing Fields map while taking out attacking Scorpions with my defenses (Tomahawks, Protector missiles, Firebases) designated by Avengers...
H3adSh00t
Bad@$$ , but this release has a good part and a bad one :/
Good one is that we will finally play as ECA and have generals,
Bad one is that the team will torture us with other masterpices for other releases/patches.
Downloading smile.gif
MARS
QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 1 Oct 2012, 18:43) *
Is that all? I mean it's the only nerf Golem received?
(If it's not, are there any other unlisted changes/features?

Consider that the Golem will later be exclusive to Aleksandr, where it'll have to make up for his complete and utter lack of Sentinels.
Giving it a nerf to make it more balanced now would probably make it inferior as an actual Sentinel replacement and temporary nerfs would be counter-intuitive.

QUOTE (D' WRTHBRNGR @ 1 Oct 2012, 18:46) *
Just went through a couple of matches, good one as always, gonna play some more (Hunchback's voice sounded like Arnold though 8Ip.png)

Ooooh just wait... mindfuck.gif
ultimentra
CONGRATS ON YOUR RELEASE!!!!!! happy.gif Cant wait to play it!

SpiralSpectre
First impression,

You guys changed US's tactics shown at the loading page from "high tech" to "unmanned combat systems"? That's interesting. The WASP's description says it's strong against structures, is that meant to say "vehicles" instead? WASP pretty much lived upto the HUGE expectation. Love it every time it says, "How is that for high tech!"

Beastly Han got a lot beastlier, and the attacks are really innovative and looks great. Nukeneers are awesome and packs surprising punch. But I don't think I'll be tier upgrading that much with China and will be going for ground units, at least in 1 on 1.

Haven't tried the GLA much that yet. It seems like a great change on the GLA RPGs. Now they're quite different from Russian ones. That also goes with their theme very well.

BMP got nerfed hard but it had it coming. Good thing Golem got it easy. Need to try the Sentinels more.

BTW is it me or the hard AI builds four dozers almost instantly at the beginning of a skirmish? :s

Theyseemetrollin
I love you guys =D. Time to start playing !!
Comr4de
QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 1 Oct 2012, 14:06) *
BTW is it me or the hard AI builds four dozers almost instantly at the beginning of a skirmish? :s

Not the only thing that changed I8.gif
aeroth
Let the ass wooping begin !!!
Thank you !
tgn89
Woooohoooo İTS TİME TO KİCK ASS an i was waiting for sooo long this is awesome im pretty sure the New ai is still gonna get stomped if youre asking ive covered wars you know wink.gif
SpiralSpectre
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 2 Oct 2012, 1:45) *

I haven't dared to try that yet. Just thinking about what it might be is giving me goosebumps. unsure.gif

BTW am I missing something since I am half asleep right now or is arena defence completely passive and you can't unload it whenever you want? So you can't blow away pesky Terrorists and Hijackers with it?
tgn89
QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 1 Oct 2012, 22:04) *
I haven't dared to try that yet. Just thinking about what it might be is giving me goosebumps. unsure.gif

BTW am I missing something since I am half asleep right now or is arena defence completely passive and you can't unload it whenever you want? So you can't blow away pesky Terrorists and Hijackers with it?
Might be weird but wat is arena defence
Shatterfury
QUOTE (tgn89 @ 1 Oct 2012, 23:05) *
Might be weird but wat is arena defence

An upgrade for the Sentinel , it is ,in a way, the Russian counterpart to the American Laser Point Defence System on the Paladin.

I think it reacts to missiles being fired at the Sentinel but it has the side-effect of shredding any infantry in it`s line of fire,friend or foe.
Evan
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 1 Oct 2012, 11:45) *

What the fuck is that Battle Bu...
tgn89
QUOTE (Shatterfury @ 1 Oct 2012, 22:17) *
An upgrade for the Sentinel , it is ,in a way, the Russian counterpart to the American Laser Point Defence System on the Paladin.

I think it reacts to missiles being fired at the Sentinel but it has the side-effect of shredding any infantry in it`s line of fire,friend or foe.
Thanks mate btw doesnt anybody know the line i have covered wars you know
Knjaz.
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 1 Oct 2012, 22:45) *

What's the difference, btw?

I've had a hard China ally and we've been doing vs 2 Brutal GLAs just fine. even easy, I'd say (Supply lines).
Dangerman
Nice, I've played several AI matches and am I the only one noticing that the cameraheight has been getting lower since the ShW era and earlier RotR era or is that Avast and/or Windows 7 screwing that up? I hope they'll be ECA updates soon and hopefully be defenses and the Manticore showing up soon 'cause those are my most anticipated things the ECA will offer to me.
aeroth
Brutal AI is cheating BIG time wacko.gif
Spejjarn
QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 1 Oct 2012, 17:49) *
And here I wanted to go to sleep earlier, today...

I went to bed two hours ago but something didn't feel right so I went up and online and found that 1.72 was out! I should start trusting my 5.5th sense more often. tongue.gif

THANK YOU SWR!

Now starts the period that every ECA fan has been waiting for! (Thank you for giving us something to do to ease our impatience during the development phase)

Keep up the great work!
SWR ROCKS! biggrin.gif
Knjaz.
QUOTE (Shatterfury @ 1 Oct 2012, 23:17) *

It shredds only infantry right beneath the explosion.
But hell, it's like a friggin Avenger and Overlord packed into one (huge area of effect)! Arena just won me a game (PvP one) I wouldn't have a single chance to win in 1.7.0. (with the units I've used...)

The only drawback is that it overloads rather quickly and then recharges itself, so this miracle doesnt last for too long. But 4-6 sentinels are now capable of shielding your ground force from few Grads for a few seconds, which gives you a WAY better reaction time. This happens because Arena explosions have splash effect and are capable of killing multiple missiles at once.

Good to have a 3.500$/3.000$ tank (before/after mass prod, with Arena) being useful

P.S. And yeah, it also looks WONDERFUL. Especially when you have 4-6 sents defending themselves from 3-4 grads. So much fireworks.
ArsenalXA4
I've been playing on Brutal for the last few hours and I must say I am satisfied. For once I've had to alter my ACR (Armored Cavalry Regiment) tactics to reflect the new AI. Said tactics now include the W.A.S.P. Hives, which are very brutal when used properly. Bravo Zulu, guys. Bravo Zulu.
Rudelord
So do the Cobra rockets now fire when engaging like the Han's rockets, or do you still have to manually select?

Working at assignments atm so I can't hop on and play myself sadly
GuardianTempest
The WASP's voice sounded different than what I had imagined, but then...what are the odds the military will accept something like that?

I blame comr4de.
Comr4de
QUOTE (GuardianTempest @ 1 Oct 2012, 20:25) *
The WASP's voice sounded different than what I had imagined, but then...what are the odds the military will accept something like that?

I blame comr4de.

I'll just take a little sip of my coffee now.
ArsenalXA4
QUOTE (Rudelord @ 1 Oct 2012, 19:29) *
So do the Cobra rockets now fire when engaging like the Han's rockets, or do you still have to manually select?

Working at assignments atm so I can't hop on and play myself sadly

Nope... Still manual...

I'll just take a little sip of my coffee now.

I honestly pictured Air Force drone operators as being more latte people than coffee people.
TheCeLL
HOLY CRAP!!! I AM SUPPOST TO BE DOING HOMEWORK TILL ONE OCLOCK BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!!!

120+ MAPS?! 120 MAP PACK HOLY CRAP I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT!!

Waaait.... its a RELEASE?! Aww. i have to uninstall 1.7 and reinstall 1.72 don't I... sleep.gif

BUT THATS JUST A SMALL DETAIL biggrin.gif
Thank u swr u r da best! aw.gif
Raven
Awesome..missed it yesterday. Will definitely try it tonight.... smile.gif. I hope the rotr lag goes away when I try this out smile.gif
TheCeLL
Im gonna try it out now... If the lag still isnt gone... -.-
SpiralSpectre
Gawd the Sentinels are, in one word, satisfying. The crazy good cannon, surprising smooth speed, the warden missiles sending infantry flying, nice new look of the ERA... it's almost perfect even without Arena upgrade. *goes watery eyes*

It's really nice that Hunchbacks are so easily affordable compared to the other two Russian helis. So far it seems like a really practical addition. It strafles almost exactly like RA Kirovs, always loved that sweet sound of the dropping bombs.
sk8rjess
i'm getting an error:

Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\america\aircraft\airforce_aurora.ini' (Line: 'Object AmericaJetAurora ')

^which doesn't even exist. there is no america folder - just the normal zero hour stuff. no errors when it installed though.
i noticed there isn't much that it adds to the data folder? i was thinking it was a corrupted DL but i've downloaded it 3 times sofar. maybe i should try an md5?

EDIT. i'm going to assume it's because i don't have 1.7 installed prior to 1.7.2. i'll try that then come back.
wargame10
man i try the patch man it doesn't work >.>

i better dl the full version instead
Shatterfury
QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 2 Oct 2012, 1:15) *
It shredds only infantry right beneath the explosion.
But hell, it's like a friggin Avenger and Overlord packed into one (huge area of effect)! Arena just won me a game (PvP one) I wouldn't have a single chance to win in 1.7.0. (with the units I've used...)

The only drawback is that it overloads rather quickly and then recharges itself, so this miracle doesnt last for too long. But 4-6 sentinels are now capable of shielding your ground force from few Grads for a few seconds, which gives you a WAY better reaction time. This happens because Arena explosions have splash effect and are capable of killing multiple missiles at once.

Good to have a 3.500$/3.000$ tank (before/after mass prod, with Arena) being useful

P.S. And yeah, it also looks WONDERFUL. Especially when you have 4-6 sents defending themselves from 3-4 grads. So much fireworks.

Thank for the info mate.

What can you tell me about the usefulness of the Sentinel compared to that of the Golem after the patch.
Knjaz.
I've got a question about W.A.S.P.

Guys, you sure it's ok and not messed up (it's armor type or health) ? It looks kinda weird when drone has more HP then any buildable aircraft out there, and can survive several seconds (3-4, maybe) under the fire of 4 avengers, half of which are elite.
That's one drone. wtf?
aeroth
QUOTE (ArsenalXA4 @ 1 Oct 2012, 23:40) *
I've been playing on Brutal for the last few hours and I must say I am satisfied. For once I've had to alter my ACR (Armored Cavalry Regiment) tactics to reflect the new AI. Said tactics now include the W.A.S.P. Hives, which are very brutal when used properly. Bravo Zulu, guys. Bravo Zulu.

I also had a shock first 2-3 games with brutal biggrin.gif
Now the best tactic is to bunker down and build use abilitys and super weapons to crack his production (he seem to have infinite money even after i kill his supply's)
He just build so many from everything ridiculos fast. Early game can be difficult to resist but in late he becomes a predictable steam roller
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.