Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Update Status.
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The_Hunter
Just informing you all that Comr4de has been abit busy with some things in reallife and there for we have not yet had time to work on it however rest assured this afternoon we will make perperations and maybe the first recordings so that we can hopefully get you something to look at next week wink.gif

The Hunter on behalf of the SWR Development Team
Pickysaurus
Thanks for the update Hunter smile.gif
GDIZOCOM
in one week!!
Nqss
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 26 Jun 2009, 12:07) *
....abit bussy...
unsure.gif
why you type bussy and not busy? duhsov.png
i always want to read that as pussy (by reversing b in p) serious.gif
yes , was abit pussy... mindfuck.gifmellow.gif
aw2.gif aw.gif
The_Hunter
there i changed it happy tongue.gif
Shiro
There comes the march of the GLA in the video biggrin.gif
mani8.gifmani8.gifmani8.gifmani8.gif
Nice info The_Hunter.
Destiny
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 26 Jun 2009, 18:07) *
we will make perperations

So...what will the SWR perpetrate? Not a storm of RotR updates that'll kill fans, I hope. However I do hope it has sound effects in it 8I.gif
Comr4de
Direct ingame footage with voice overs I8.gif
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r
so this is gonna be like a trailer? epicness!
Destiny
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 28 Jun 2009, 0:20) *
Direct ingame footage with voice overs I8.gif

Woah! It'll be like the units are talking? Interesting...

RA3 Tut 8I.gif
Сергеј Иванович
I'm just wondering, is video going to be linked or a true live feed? Curiosity kills me... ani8b.gif
NergiZed
God, when the vid is released, please make it not exclusive to Youtube, as I (along with 1/6 of the world) can't access the site.
Pickysaurus
Maybe allow direct download of it from the ROTR site for a short time?
The_Hunter
we can put it on moddb putting it up for download is not a option to us.
Shiro
I hope you are aware of the fact we could download it anyway (greetings from Orbit^^). Anyway, anything out yet we could expect, or is not decided fully?
NergiZed
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 28 Jun 2009, 3:35) *
Maybe allow direct download of it from the ROTR site for a short time?

Not on the RotR site, but maybe hosting it on MU or RS would work.

Regardless, Moddb's vid player is fine by me, as I can access the site.
The_Hunter
Also guys when Luis said voice overs he meant him and myself explaining your questions and awsering them while ingame wink.gif
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r
so im a little confused is it gonna be a live feed while you guys are playing the game?
Pickysaurus
QUOTE (C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r @ 27 Jun 2009, 23:22) *
so im a little confused is it gonna be a live feed while you guys are playing the game?

If it were live you would probably have 90% of people miss it

Will be a static video most likely
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r
i was just wondering cause one of the RA3 mods did it and a lot of ppl were watching and it had a built in chat thing so you could chat to them in game from moddb
Mr.Kim
Allright. Can't wait next week. I8.gif
Comr4de
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 27 Jun 2009, 17:23) *
If it were live you would probably have 90% of people miss it

Will be a static video most likely

No its a fraps recording of me and 'Hunter answering your questions in-game.
Ascendancy
Sounds like good stuff.

Whether it's on Moddb or YouTube doesn't matter here either, both of their players seem to work without a hitch. I'll be looking forward to it.
Pickysaurus
Is it only Comr4de and Hunter speaking then?

It was suggested that the entire ROTR development team would have a look in.

Either way, looking forward to it smile.gif
CommanderJB
As far as I'm aware it'll be Comr4de and Hunter, no-one else.
Raven
Can't wait. Hope this would be something of a developer walkthrough more than a trailer sort of thing smile.gif
tenma91
Looks like I will have to wait a bit more.

Thank You for the update.
Anubis
Well, this week is coming to an end in about 2 days. Any chance we will actually see the video this week, or is it going for another week ? I'm not asking for the exact release date, just if it will be this week or the next.
The_Hunter
We tried to do recordings earlier this week but rand into some technical differculties doing so we did make a list of the questions we are going to awser and will hopefully finnish taking the footage today.
Anubis
Cool. Tks for the fast answer smile.gif .
BlitzGeneral
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 3 Jul 2009, 15:05) *
We tried to do recordings earlier this week but rand into some technical differculties doing so we did make a list of the questions we are going to awser and will hopefully finnish taking the footage today.

So you think we'll be able to see the finished video within the next three or four weeks then? tongue.gif
Stinger
You'll see it when it's done.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (BlitzGeneral @ 3 Jul 2009, 18:15) *
So you think we'll be able to see the finished video within the next three or four weeks then?

I'm not sure if your beeing sarcastic there Blitz but i hope for your sake that you are i do not appriciate it beeing called out like that.
BlitzGeneral
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 3 Jul 2009, 16:25) *
I'm not sure if your beeing sarcastic there Blitz but i hope for your sake that you are i do not appriciate it beeing called out like that.

...Hah. Nah, I didn't mean any offence. I just know that the people in charge, like you Hunter, are pretty busy IIRL and have personal things going on, and so I guess it could be difficult to keep to schedule, especially if you're just doing it for the fans and enjoyment. And maybe there was a tad bit of sarcasm...tongue.gif Either way, I meant no offence. Peace out guys.
The_Hunter
All good then but the biggest delay that it would get from now is a weekif it would be more we'd have a good reason and inform you all like i had before.
Destiny
I must say fans will be patient enough, I bet I could wait another month I8.gif
silence
I still believe in the saying "It is done when it's done".

I must say I'm really excited for this.
Shiro
QUOTE (Konata)
"It is done when it's done" is the common sentence of programmers because they are just too lazy to work it out.

Thank goddess I do not take this sentence by heart, I could wait a bit longer as well, although a new update or unit revealing would be nice in the meantime.
Comr4de
I can honestly say that the delays have been on my end of the field. School (mind that I'm only taking 1 class during the summer semester) and bad sleeping habits and the fact that timezones are different between me and The_Hunter make it sometimes difficult to do something like this happen fast.

*looks at Andre at 7 am in the morning after a insane Fallout 3 Marathon aw.gif*
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 4 Jul 2009, 9:06) *
I can honestly say that the delays have been on my end of the field. School (mind that I'm only taking 1 class during the summer semester) and bad sleeping habits and the fact that timezones are different between me and The_Hunter make it sometimes difficult to do something like this happen fast.

*looks at Andre at 7 am in the morning after a insane Fallout 3 Marathon aw.gif*

duh2.png
Shiro
O.o, looks like The_Hunter is annoyed now duh_worm.gif
Also, I think we need this smiley back:
</offtopic>
Anyway, will we likely see some ECA ingame action?
The_Hunter
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 4 Jul 2009, 9:28) *
O.o, looks like The_Hunter is annoyed now duh_worm.gif

It's actualy a inside joke amoung us tongue.gif

Also no ECA action we simply have like no code on them at all.
Comr4de
We're focusing all we've got on the current factions in the game but I can tell you that we have most of the art completed. It's basically the same way we had it for the Russians. We'd create all the art and get the faction designed the way we wanted to (this includes documentation, strategy discussion and whatnot) and then implement it ingame, testing every faction function slowly (such as the Camaraderie ability for Russian infantry)). What I can tell you is that we have a good majority of the ECA faction complete artwise, and will take a short while to get it coded and implemented. How's that for honesty I8.gif?
Shiro
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 4 Jul 2009, 10:11) *
We're focusing all we've got on the current factions in the game but I can tell you that we have most of the art completed. It's basically the same way we had it for the Russians. We'd create all the art and get the faction designed the way we wanted to (this includes documentation, strategy discussion and whatnot) and then implement it ingame, testing every faction function slowly (such as the Camaraderie ability for Russian infantry)). What I can tell you is that we have a good majority of the ECA faction complete artwise, and will take a short while to get it coded and implemented. How's that for honesty I8.gif?

Very well said Comr4de, thank you. Although I am more the type who actually codes things if they would actually work and them implements grafical enhancements.
And on a side note:
8llaniflip.giflaserlockani.giflaserlockani.gif
Pickysaurus
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 4 Jul 2009, 9:11) *
...What I can tell you is that we have a good majority of the ECA faction complete artwise, and will take a short while to get it coded and implemented. How's that for honesty I8.gif ?

I'm liking the sound of this smile.gif
NergiZed
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 4 Jul 2009, 16:11) *

What a delicious revelation. biggrin.gif
Suvorov
I must be going insane... Comr4de has actually leaked something fairly specific to us!?! 8ani5.gif
Frostyarmy
i wondor how you guys comminucate outside the forum 0o
Cobretti
QUOTE (Zhao @ 5 Jul 2009, 18:55) *
i wondor how you guys comminucate outside the forum 0o

Probably via IM, e-mail, Skype, whatever...
The_Hunter
Both IM and Skype.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.