Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When I destroy B52, it still explodes!
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave > Bug Reports
BiggsyBoi
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this, because I can't find it on here or on google.

I was playing as china against the airforce general and his B52 was flying into my base (with it's daisy cutter bomb / gas bomb)

Whenever I destroyed the B52, it bounced upwards a bit and the bomb it's carrying goes off, destroying anything underneath it! I then did a test - i played as the airforce general and used the bomb myself, however when the AI destroys my B52 bomber, it carries out normal death behaviour - no explosion.

I can't even work out how this is possible, seeing as the unit should act in the same way whether belonging to an AI player or Human player!
Zeke
You sure the b52 didn't just manage to drop its bomb before it died? Has this only happened to you once or a number of times?
The_Hunter
This is actualy a random occurance that happens every blue moon realy.

Not much we can do about.
Nemanja
Happened both to me and AI several times.
BiggsyBoi
It definitely didn't manage to drop off it's bomb. The difference in death behaviour of the jet is enough to convince me of that (when it dies and explodes, it doesn't break up in flames and disintegrate like normal, it stops moving forward, bounces up in the air, and just explodes!)

A thing to note though, is that the bug lasts throughout an entire game (if the first b52 that you destroy explodes in this way, it would appear that all subsequent b52's sent against you in that game will have the same behaviour) even if the bug occurs in one game in a blue moon as the_hunter says. (this is just information i've found for anyone who encounters this bug).

Thanks for your replies guys, I was wondering if there was some coding i could correct somewhere in the .big / ini files to fix it but looks like this is perhaps a game engine bug then :-(
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.