Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intellectual Property
SWR Productions Forum > Community > General Chat
Pickysaurus
Hey Guys,

Having a little problem with an organisation who are using a website I designed and want to know where I stand.
Almost a year ago now, I built (from near enough scratch) a brand spanking new squadron website. And it is currently in use on the Squadron's hosting at http://1244squadron.org.uk
However, recently the squadron have refused to allow me access the core files of the website. And I'm wandering if there is some law against that. Is the site still my intellectual property?

Also I am so frustrated with the entire Air Cadet Organisation I am thinking of leaving. And if I do would I be within my rights to take the site with me?

For Geographical use, I live in England, UK.

Any advice here is welcome smile.gif
Prophet of the Pimps
was the domain name registered by you and your money? Then yes you can leave taking it with you. You can bill them to keep the domain alive if you have ownership of it.

On the website you have mentioned copyrights of 1244 Squadron ATC 2008 so you have pretty much relinquished your sole ownership of the content.

Edit: looked up the WHOIS and the registrant is 1244 Squadron ATC so the domain is not yours either. you might control it but you don't own it. if you really wanna be mean then wait for it to expire (September 09) and then buy it as your own under your own name.
Pickysaurus
The hosting/domain are not my property, however the website files are. (As in the actual pages and content inside them)

There was never any official agreement saying I allowed them to use it. I simply used their hosting to demonstrate it and it's been there ever since
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.