Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding/Cloning Buildings
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
H3adSh00t
Hi , I tried for almost 2 days to add the AssaultBase(CCU Mod) to Laser Gen. and Vanilla USA. The problem is that i don't really know -.- , i added the buildings INI using
FinalBig (and worked) but there is 1 problem , whenever the building is used by 2 sides , the game crashes so I can have it only on one side.
I tried to change the SupW_ to Lazr_ but then I can't even start the game. I also made some changes in CommandButton and CommandSet and still it doesn't work.
Couldn't find any tutorials on internet so is kinda hard.
If a dev has time to explain me at least what i need to do ill give a cookie :>
n5p29
standard drill:
What the worldbuilder says?
SGM. Jazzie Spurs
If you don't mind, post all the code you've copied so we can check what's wrong and the wold builder crash report
H3adSh00t
QUOTE (SGM. Jazzie Spurs @ 2 Feb 2013, 14:16) *
If you don't mind, post all the code you've copied so we can check what's wrong and the wold builder crash report

I will post it now.(Going to edit my post)
Also , what is with worldbuilder? I want that building to be buildable for those sides.

Too big to post
SGM. Jazzie Spurs
Worldbuilder do tells where the error is in the code
H3adSh00t
Hmm , can't even get in the WB , guess it doesn't support the mod.
ASSERTION FAILURE:Zero masses are not allowed for debris!
Anubis
Ok. Could you explain exactly what did you try to do. Tried to add it in another mod, or duplicate it in CCU. What exactly did you do in this process. Just explain what ever you did. You just posted my own code right there. So feel free to give me a step by step of what you did so i can guide you on it.
Zeke
QUOTE (H3adSh00t @ 2 Feb 2013, 20:42) *
I will post it now.(Going to edit my post)
Also , what is with worldbuilder? I want that building to be buildable for those sides.

Too big to post

That's just the original assault base code. What did you change? Where are your button codes?
H3adSh00t
I copied the script in LaserGeneral and changed some lines from SupW to Lazr so i could build the Assault Base for Townes too instead of the normal FireBase.
Changed some things in CommandButton and CommandSet and worked first time(I could build it playing as Townes) but i had to delete the script from
Superweapons Gen. because the game crashed or on Prerequisites (in-game) the Assault base woud need both Laser and SupW powerplants. I just wanted to add it for the laser and vanilla USA instead of the old boring firebase.

That what I posted is from a fresh install(not changed) , (when it worked for only one side) I changed the Side to Lazr_ , The Prerequisites and the CommandSet so i fooled the game to think that it was
the old Firebase instead of the Assault one.

Also , I tried to duplicate , not add to other mods.
Zeke
QUOTE (H3adSh00t @ 2 Feb 2013, 22:32) *
I changed the Side to Lazr_ , The Prerequisites and the CommandSet so i fooled the game to think that it was
the old Firebase instead of the Assault one.

and I assume you removed the old laser firebase when you did this?
H3adSh00t
QUOTE (Zeke @ 2 Feb 2013, 16:36) *
and I assume you removed the old laser firebase when you did this?

Ofcourse
(Sorry for spamming the forum and bothering devs , couldn't find any tutorials about cloning buildings)
Zeke
Well your gonna have to post your codes, and I mean your edited codes not the original mod codes, because I can't understand what your saying.
H3adSh00t
Here it is , and the CommandButton on bottom Link
Zeke
Seems like you copied Firebase_MortarTurret object into LaserGeneral.ini but you didn't rename it.

Just delete it, you can still use the original for that.
H3adSh00t
Oh thank you , hope is going to work for more than one side. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.